The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 06-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #226
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
I wish they would just have the crossover occur on a different episode number for the shows this coming season, Arrow's 100th overlapping with the crossover detracted from both the crossover and the 100th episode.
Yes, I agree that placed as it was did no favours to that episode of Arrow (which I enjoyed) or the crossover itself.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:08 PM   #227
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

I'm still waiting for The Flash to do an episode like "Coldhearted" from Young Justice.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:13 AM   #228
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I'm still waiting for The Flash to do an episode like "Coldhearted" from Young Justice.
This show is getting 10 seasons plus. It will happen eventually. I am also still expecting a proper half or full season Flashpoint storyline, not that half-baked one we got already.

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #229
Scarecrow_King
Perpetually Annoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant;36754497[B
This show is getting 10 seasons plus. [/B]It will happen eventually. I am also still expecting a proper half or full season Flashpoint storyline, not that half-baked one we got already.
...what in the world makes you think that?

This show has gone so far off the rails that it's painful to watch. I give it two more season before it gets canned.

I think when Arrow ends, they should call it over for the entire Arrowverse. And that show is nearing the end of its life.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:13 AM   #230
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post

This show has gone so far off the rails that it's painful to watch. I give it two more season before it gets canned.
The Flash is still CW's highest rated show and it's pleasing most of its fan base. The show isn't going away any time soon unless something unthinkable happens like Grant Gustin leaving. The Flash doesn't need Arrow or the rest of the Arrowverse to survive.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:25 AM   #231
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think when Arrow ends, they should call it over for the entire Arrowverse. And that show is nearing the end of its life.
Whilst I agree with you in that it's painful to watch, I can practically assure you that the show isn't going anywhere. I expect Arrow to go until (at least) Season 8, and assuming everyone remains on board, I expect Flash to somehow survive beyond that.

Worse case scenario (for the Flash show) is that it concludes before that and they simply use Barry in another ensemble-type show; a form of Justice League, but on the small screen.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #232
MCH
Newbie First Class

I think it's going to be like Stargate or Star Trek - the network is getting the ratings they want to keep advertisers happy and they know they have a rabid fan base so they'll keep trying new shows or story lines until the actors say they've had enough. There is literally enough material to keep the franchise going for decades

MCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #233
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think it's getting 8- 10 years Unless Gustin gets a ton of movie offers. It is a fairly young cast.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #234
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think it's getting 8- 10 years Unless Gustin gets a ton of movie offers. It is a fairly young cast.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:52 AM   #235
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
There's still opportunity to continue, even without Gustin.

Whilst the Flash is (at least, currently, and primarily) about Barry Allen, if the network lost Grant yet wanted to keep the show, they could turn to Wally West (current or alternative) or even introduce Bart Allen to take over the mantle having Gustin return every now and again to help out or whatever.

At the moment it's very much Gustin's show, much like Arrow is Stephen's show, and Supergirl is Melissa's show. Legends is very much an ensemble cast, so if one or more were to retire from the role, the show would go on ...

I would think there's potential for them to further do that with the Flash; it would certainly take some tweaking to how the show ran (heh) but it could work - if it ever came down to it.

At the moment though (and as far as I'm aware) the only person out of all these shows that seems to be getting offers left, right and center I Melissa.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:09 AM   #236
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think Arrow or Supergirl could survive without Stephen or Melissa, because alternative versions of those characters were never really all that embraced by comic fans the way Wally West was. Wally was a legacy character that easily rivaled Barry in popularity. I could see the show continuing with him...IF they do a better job writing him.

But tbh, I don't see Grant going anywhere. Compared to Stephen and especially Melissa, he doesn't seem to have much going on outside of this show.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:38 AM   #237
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Grant has already said he can see Flash going 3 more years but I think he would totally walk away from the role.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #238
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I don't think Arrow or Supergirl could survive without Stephen or Melissa, because alternative versions of those characters were never really all that embraced by comic fans the way Wally West was. Wally was a legacy character that easily rivaled Barry in popularity. I could see the show continuing with him...IF they do a better job writing him.

But tbh, I don't see Grant going anywhere. Compared to Stephen and especially Melissa, he doesn't seem to have much going on outside of this show.
It's frustrating that a Flash tv show has dropped the ball with Wally so badly, and given other supporting characters so much more attention, Wally is the only way this show continues if Grant leaves, if they'd played it right Wally could've been a way to revitalize the show after several years, but they've dropped the ball and I wouldn't be surprised if the way the character has been sidelined so much that he actually got sent to a different show is part of the reason Lonsdale is stepping away for now.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #239
Travesty
Side-Kick

If they continue with just Wally, the show would be 10x worse. The actor playing Wally is pretty bad. At least Gustin can act, even though the writing has become terrible.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #240
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
If he did, he should have been trying to be cast in those roles 2-3 years ago. Dude is getting older and losing his opportunity to be known as anything other than "CW superhero" ala Stephen Amell. Benoist (at least) seems to be getting some varied roles.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:16 PM   #241
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Benoist (at least) seems to be getting some varied roles.
I definitely get the impression that Benoist is keen to stretch herself as a performer.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:34 AM   #242
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
If they continue with just Wally, the show would be 10x worse. The actor playing Wally is pretty bad. At least Gustin can act, even though the writing has become terrible.
There's more than one Wally in DC comics; if it came down to it, and if they didn't want to use Bart, they could just introduce a different (white) Wally West; either from a different Earth, or different timeline.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:13 PM   #243
NotGoodAtNames

I think it's time to get rid of the team aspect. And with that, it means it's time for Cisco, Wells, and Caitlin to leave. He doesn't need them anymore.

I'm tired of them dumbing Barry down to keep those 3 relevant.

Sadly, it won't happen

NotGoodAtNames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:39 AM   #244
Zant
Side-Kick

The Flash can easily continue without Gustin. All the team Flash members have shoehorned powers now.

I'm sure the main stars of Supernatural wanted to do something more meaningful with their careers too.The CW has ways to hold you down in the long run.

I'm thinking Supergirl, Legends will be the first two to go, it only to make room for other superhero shows that may happen.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:48 AM   #245
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGoodAtNames View Post
I think it's time to get rid of the team aspect. And with that, it means it's time for Cisco, Wells, and Caitlin to leave. He doesn't need them anymore.

I'm tired of them dumbing Barry down to keep those 3 relevant.

Sadly, it won't happen
It won't happen. I think he should get a new team. They should slowly start phasing out the old ones. Supergirl has started doing that, getting rid of Winn, that shows discount version of Cisco

Old 06-30-2018, 01:04 AM   #246
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
The Flash can easily continue without Gustin. All the team Flash members have shoehorned powers now.

I'm sure the main stars of Supernatural wanted to do something more meaningful with their careers too.The CW has ways to hold you down in the long run.

I'm thinking Supergirl, Legends will be the first two to go, it only to make room for other superhero shows that may happen.
Jared & Jensen arent trapped on TheCW, they just like the easy and steady paycheck. They are the ones who keep reupping their contacts.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:01 AM   #247
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Jared & Jensen arent trapped on TheCW, they just like the easy and steady paycheck. They are the ones who keep reupping their contacts.
Oh ok. That's a shame but understandable..Wonder if Amell, Gustin, Melissa
and other main cast members will just take this easy route.....I remember some main cast members of Smallville bailing at some point.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:24 AM   #248
batdude
Side-Kick

Jensen owns a restaurant too, Not sure if Amell, Gustin or Melissa want to do anything outside of showbiz.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #249
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Amell has a wine business and owns a stake in HVFF.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #250
NotGoodAtNames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post

1. How could I forget that? Why call this show The Flash if Barry's not the only one with powers? What's the point? Barry isn't special anymore. I know in the comics he has Kid Flash with him sometimes, but even Wally received his own story. Also, it's kind of ridiculous for a speedster to have two non-speedsters as back up. It makes Barry seem incompetent.

2. I think Legends will go first.

NotGoodAtNames is offline   Reply With Quote