The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 01-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #926
keltic

Default Re: The Official Ghost Rider Hype Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasputin386
Who would you all prefer, Nicholas Cage or Kiefer Sutherland?

-The Heroic Hemophiliac
They're both a little to old for the part really. Jonny Blaze should be about 18 to 20 when he became Ghost Rider.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:41 AM   #927
<Mr.Spider>
Legendary Hero

Default Re: Movie Poster

I'm with biggun on those figures

Old 01-15-2005, 01:49 AM   #928
Retroman
Side-Kick

I would love to get a copy of that poster. Wonder if I get one from Marvel.......

Retroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:57 AM   #929
Retroman
Side-Kick

This weird - We're a couple of weeks before the shoot starts and still no announcements.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:59 AM   #930
Retroman
Side-Kick

Found this mini sypnosis:

GHOST RIDER - Spring, 2005 - Melbourne, Australia; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: In order to save his dying father, young stunt cyclist Johnny Blaze sells his soul to Mephistopheles and sadly parts from the pure-hearted Roxanne Simpson, the love of his life. Years later, Johnny's path crosses again with Roxanne, now a gogetting reporter, and also with Mephistopheles, who offers to release Johnny's soul if Johnny becomes the fabled, fiery Ghost Rider, a supernatural agent of vengeance and justice. Mephistopheles charges Johnny with defeating the despicable Blackheart, Mephistopheles's nemesis and son, who plans to displace his father and create a new hell even more terrible than the old one. (Posted: November 8, 2004. Revised: December 21, 2004)

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/...ction_P.2.html

Old 01-15-2005, 12:14 PM   #931
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

Nice
ony problem is the date they listed it starting under....March 2005. it was updated last month too....another 2 week delay? hoping that is a mistake.

Getting the impression that the origin will be a bit different but it seems i was right about Mephisto "hiring" Blaze to kill his son Blackheart. Glad that Mark decided to go w/ that idea....it can be a really cool story element.
Blaze will do anything to save his father and girlfriend, whereas Blackheart will do anything to get rid of his father.
not so sure about Roxanne being a "gogetting" reporter though...heh. but at least it seems MSJ wanted to flesh out her character some more than it was in the comics. there was actually a blonde female reporter who stayed w/ the Quinten Carnival for some of the last issues of the 70s series. she was there i think to write a story about the carnival and the people who worked there. Maybe he took some elements from that character and added them to Roxanne...interesting.

Last edited by BIGGUN; 01-15-2005 at 12:30 PM.
BIGGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #932
MSJ
Side-Kick

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in, but we start shooting in about four weeks so you can imagine how busy things are! Jesus. Four weeks out. Hard to believe, eh? Especially for those of you, like myself, who have waited for this movie for such a long time. These updates are always hard to write as I have to toe the line between wanting to tell you everything while having to keep the details under wraps.

So, first off. Casting. Mr. Cage will be Johnny Blaze. Take it from me. That's a done deal. And I could not be happier. Nic is in the shape of his life. Lean and mean, like a motorcycle stunt rider should. I've cast a few more parts but I should wait until the official announcements come (very soon). But safe to say, when in doubt? Listen to Biggun!

The Budget. Nice to see that we've been "upgraded" from a $40 million dollar movie to a $51 million dollar movie! Maybe that's enough for a Dazzler movie but not for a Ghost Rider movie! Seriously, this is an event movie. And Sony knows how to make them right. Rest assured. That is not the budget. Not by a long shot.

Johnny vs. Danny. The great thing about making a Ghost Rider movie is that I get to take the best from both the Johnny Blaze and the Danny Ketch versions of the comic. So even though I am telling the Johnny Blaze origin story, there are elements of the Danny Ketch stories that I love and will include in the movie (so don't worry, Flamehead! Your beloved Danny Ketch will be there in spirit!). Caretaker will be there. And Blackheart. But so will Mephisto and Roxanne and the Quentin Carnival.

The script. People have mentioned the old David Goyer draft. Goyer wrote two really interesting versions of a Ghost Rider movie. I'd go to see either one of them. But my version is my own. The script is much closer to the comic. But at the same time, it's much more of a Western. A Supernatural Western is, I think, about the coolest idea ever. The Ghost Rider needs that open road as well as the city. I feel that is what makes him unique -- that he's a rider. Think Mad Max. Unforgiven. We have huge battles in the city but, ultimately, they will end up out in the desert.

The Hellcycle. Well, it's simply unbelievable. It's sculpt is finished and it went into the molds last week. It's the Chopper from Hell. No doubt about it. This is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. The toys and the video game are already in the works and they are going to kick ass!

Better go. Sunday morning here and I have to get back to work. Will check in again later and soon, hopefully, with some artwork. Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts and criticisms. I'm making this for us!

MSJ

MSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #933
Hunter Rider
Ronin

WOW nice to see you again on the hype MSJ,thanks for the update,glad to here that sony are making GR an event movie and that the budget is bigger than we thought by a long way,i like the fact your mixing the ketch/blaze stories together and i love the sound of huge city battles and supernatural western.

Can't wait to see the artwork and look forward to casting announcements.
Maybe a teaser with FF in July? LOL
*sits back and awaits the arrival of BIGGUN and Flame*
I dont about you guys but this news made my month

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #934
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJ

Listen to Biggun!
And
I'm making this for us!

MSJ
See...these are the 2 things that are the most important to me

im all for the "us" bit....this is something ive been waiting for since it was talked about in 1983. thanks Mark for the hard work!!
glad to hear that filming does indeed start on Feb 14th and Caretaker is in the script? hmmm...thats going to be interesting.
and yes thanks again Mark for clearing up the budget issue...i knew (as well as some others) that 40-51mil couldnt be the final budget...
cant wait to see the Hellcycle!

Last edited by BIGGUN; 01-15-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:13 PM   #935
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

I didnīt liked Daredevil that much, but one thing is certain, MJS is tha man

I hope all the best for you and Ghost Rider MSJ

Old 01-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #936
Banshee
Side-Kick

I love daredevil... but I have issues with it. The feel of the movie is dead on... yet the script had problems. It was a movie strictly made for the fans, and thus forced 40 years of history into two hours... I really hope Ghost Rider does not meet this fate. MSJ could make this movie incredible asuming the script doesnt cover too many subjects at once like daredevil. On a side note... I think it is awesoem a director takes the time to come on these boards. awesome, thanks alot.

My life is most likely better than yours.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #937
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJ
Hey guys!

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in, but we start shooting in about four weeks so you can imagine how busy things are! Jesus. Four weeks out. Hard to believe, eh? Especially for those of you, like myself, who have waited for this movie for such a long time. These updates are always hard to write as I have to toe the line between wanting to tell you everything while having to keep the details under wraps.

So, first off. Casting. Mr. Cage will be Johnny Blaze. Take it from me. That's a done deal. And I could not be happier. Nic is in the shape of his life. Lean and mean, like a motorcycle stunt rider should. I've cast a few more parts but I should wait until the official announcements come (very soon). But safe to say, when in doubt? Listen to Biggun!

The Budget. Nice to see that we've been "upgraded" from a $40 million dollar movie to a $51 million dollar movie! Maybe that's enough for a Dazzler movie but not for a Ghost Rider movie! Seriously, this is an event movie. And Sony knows how to make them right. Rest assured. That is not the budget. Not by a long shot.

Johnny vs. Danny. The great thing about making a Ghost Rider movie is that I get to take the best from both the Johnny Blaze and the Danny Ketch versions of the comic. So even though I am telling the Johnny Blaze origin story, there are elements of the Danny Ketch stories that I love and will include in the movie (so don't worry, Flamehead! Your beloved Danny Ketch will be there in spirit!). Caretaker will be there. And Blackheart. But so will Mephisto and Roxanne and the Quentin Carnival.

The script. People have mentioned the old David Goyer draft. Goyer wrote two really interesting versions of a Ghost Rider movie. I'd go to see either one of them. But my version is my own. The script is much closer to the comic. But at the same time, it's much more of a Western. A Supernatural Western is, I think, about the coolest idea ever. The Ghost Rider needs that open road as well as the city. I feel that is what makes him unique -- that he's a rider. Think Mad Max. Unforgiven. We have huge battles in the city but, ultimately, they will end up out in the desert.

The Hellcycle. Well, it's simply unbelievable. It's sculpt is finished and it went into the molds last week. It's the Chopper from Hell. No doubt about it. This is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. The toys and the video game are already in the works and they are going to kick ass!

Better go. Sunday morning here and I have to get back to work. Will check in again later and soon, hopefully, with some artwork. Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts and criticisms. I'm making this for us!

MSJ

Mark we all trust your vision on this. I just hope they let you make your movie again, and that you're not forced to cut sections of it like you were with DD. (DD Director's Cut rules BTW). Thanks for stopping in and taking time out of your infinitely busy schedule to give the fans the low down on GR. Your a class guy and we wish you all the best on GR.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #938
Mentok
Side-Kick

Good luck MSJ, work hard and have some fun... after all you are in austraila now

Old 01-16-2005, 12:43 AM   #939
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

On a unrelated note...
Retroman....i did not mean to steal your thunder about that story update. i did tell SHH it was you that revealed the info. will try and email SHH again to see if i can have them change it to say it was you who found it. just dont want you to feel slighted...
EDIT: dont worry RM...SHH was kind enough to change it

on the GR front still recovering from MSJ's new update...heh. wonder when we are going to get a cast list? last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb....hmmm

Last edited by BIGGUN; 01-16-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #940
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Doubtful. You'll probably have more luck from the studio's.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:39 AM   #941
FlameHead
Side-Kick

I'm so freakin' excited... and I dont' even care that we don't have a cast list yet. I should but, I don't. This update is good enough... and that's mainly because MSJ took the time to do it for us. Thank you for that Mark. We know how busy you are both with developing this movie and finishing up Elektra (which I didn't even know you were a producer for until watching it yesterday. Btw, I was disapointed with the film though I wasn't overly surprised either. It was exactly what I expected it to be... though I was imagining it to be more about her turn to darkness into her turn back into light. It 's going to be interested to see how this story furthers... if they take to time to develop it further. Perhaps in a DD2 movie... if that ever happens)

1 more mont, eh? Even since I've joined the hype, we waited months in between updates on our boy. Hopefully now that we're only a month away from production, things'll pick up on the news front... even if most of us were expecting production to start in 2 weeks, not 4.

It sure is nice to hear news though... especially from the horses mouth himself. No offense MSJ, we know you're not a horse. It seems so much better to get it directly from the main man himself, instead of reading some news reports online. We're quite lucky to have someone this dedicated to the fans taking charge. It gives me so much hope for this film... and the sequels that will surely spawn from it.

I'm so happy that the budget is not only 40. I knew it had to be more. I love that Sony is doing this flick. Remember, they spent 250 million bucks on Spider Man 2. As crazy as that is, we know they aren't afraid to spend money... when they believe in a character... as they all should our flaming boy.

The story sounds fantastic and I love that at least some of ol' Danny boys spirit is being included. MSJ, you sure made this man a happy one today. I love that Caretaker is going to be there as well. I'm not sure if he's going to have the mystical powers like he does in the comic but, that doesn't matter. Just having him there is good for me.

That Hell Cycle seems bad ass and I cant wait to see the mystical Flames burn. (OH god, I just had a thought... will the Flames be a read color of fire or will they be changed to signify a different kind of flame? Hmm, that's an interesting though which I'm not quite sure how I'd feel about it) It's gonna be fantastic to see that bike in action, along with our rider and all of his 'toys'. It's gonna be sweet.

That's enough outta me for now. Hey, MM... you said you wanted to contact me. PM me anytime. I'm don't get the chance to post here all that often as of late, but I do check in several times a day. You have my email address as well, I think...

Anyway, here's to Ghost Rider (hip hip horray) and here's to Mark Steven Johnson (Hippy Hip horray!). Thanks for the update.

And here's a few pics for ya'll... with, as you all know, my choice Ghost Rider.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:17 PM   #942
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameHead
Doubtful. You'll probably have more luck from the studio's.
...or Ebay. i think even MarvelMovies came across a auction for a GR movie promo poster. it advertised "Vengeance is coming in 2001"...think it was the poster right before the Cannes version (the one at the start of this thread). i have to guess that there were multiple copies made....its just a matter of time before they show up at auction sites.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #943
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

Hey FH, glad you came back! havent seen you post in awhile...
and yes this news it really cool to hear....the 2 burning questions were the budget and when they were going to shoot. glad that Mark had the time to let us know....
i like the sound of "huge battles in the city", really sounds cool. can imagine GR and Blackheart tearing up a section of a city at night w/ flames all around them. cant wait!

Old 01-16-2005, 01:11 PM   #944
Retroman
Side-Kick

Smile Re: The Official Ghost Rider Hype Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGUN
On a unrelated note...
Retroman....i did not mean to steal your thunder about that story update. i did tell SHH it was you that revealed the info. will try and email SHH again to see if i can have them change it to say it was you who found it. just dont want you to feel slighted...
EDIT: dont worry RM...SHH was kind enough to change it

on the GR front still recovering from MSJ's new update...heh. wonder when we are going to get a cast list? last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb....hmmm
Thanks for the credit BIGGUN! You didn't need to go through all of that. As long as the info is out there i'm cool with it.

It's really cool of MSJ to drop by and give such a cool update. I can't wait to see those battle sequences.

Old 01-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #945
BIGGUN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman
Thanks for the credit BIGGUN! You didn't need to go through all of that. As long as the info is out there i'm cool with it.
You mean i could have kept the credit for myself?! DOH!!!....

hey man, its no problem. i feel everyone should get credit for someting they did for the other GR fans. sadly i noticed shortly after you posted that info here...Comics 2 Film posted it on their site and didnt mention that you found it. They could have found it on their own of course...but im mighty suspicious of it.

always irritating to see sites not mention the people who take the time to find this stuff. its like trying to find a needle in a haystack when it comes to GR movie news....

Old 01-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #946
Edd Extraordinaire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJ
Hey guys!

MSJ
Well....I'm sold. Who else is going to be cast though if it starts in four weeks?

Edd Extraordinaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #947
Edd Extraordinaire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGUN
Heh.....END? indeed....hopefully its the end of waiting and not the end of the production for the movie.
i agree FH...i didnt really get into Trinity either. it was a letdown. i hate to say it but unless the directors cut dvd shows a vastly different movie i wont be buying it when it comes out. lots of plotholes, poor characters and story, underused head villain and goofy vampire cronies, ect ect ect. even the music was forgettable in this one! i loved the electronic/rap soundtracks for Blade 1 and 2 but i swear the songs in Trinity were so...bland i completely forgot it had a soundtrack. kept looking at my watch to see how much longer it would be until it ended....
again this reaffirms my belief that Ghost Rider is better off w/out Goyer writing or directing. he had some good ideas but that should be the extent of his involvement. i do hope he fares better w/ Batman and the Flash though...
Batman is a garuntee, Flash in the one you have to hope for. I think he'll do good though.

Edd Extraordinaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #948
bannerfan
Side-Kick

Supernatural western. Desert. Mad Max. Sounds awesome.

bannerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #949
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

This movie sounds like it is going to be good. The plot description is awesome.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:36 PM   #950
FlameHead
Side-Kick

Or you could take one of the letter pages names from the comics. Chain Reactions was one, I believe...

... maybe something like 'The Inferno' or "Into the Furnace".

It's hard to think of things on the spot... I"ll think about it further.