The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #151
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Why no love and expectations for X3 from the media??

Theres some good stuff about the film as well imo: action looks good, Kelsey Grammer and Mckellen will probably sell their parts great, the entire cast is back which is a very good thing, the plot is solid and has potential imo, and this director is not doing anything uncharacteristic of x men movie style it looks like in terms of design and directing style. He even kept the x jet from x2 which i was hoping.

XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #152
Proteus-X312
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
you guys are tottaly not understanding me, and maybe I haven't been clear, I WANT NOTHING MORE THEN THIS MOIVIE TO BE 100% AWESOME, who knows, it might be, but it also might be crap......... I love the x-men material, behind batman, they are my favorite comic book characters, they have aswesome plotlines, great characters, and memorable moments....... I have seriuos problems with the first two movies too..... I hated storms character in the first film, I'm glad she's getting more time in x3, I hated cykes character, and I hated the way logan was the main character (why do we need a movie just about him, btw???) Understand this, I'm critical because I care, and I know many of you do too, but let me ask you this, would you want people, if this movie does turn out bad, to act like they love the film just because it's an x-men film??? would you want people to go see it numerous times, and promote it, even if it is crap........ I'd hope not... because that would insure more movies that would be the same standard (fox would think we approve of it).............. I'm like the overprotected dad, nothing is good enough for my child, and I feel the same for these movies, I'm going to critized when I see something I don't like, but if you look on other boards, I loved that Angel scene with his father trying to give him the cure, I thought it was great....... best scene I've seen so far..................... so hopefully his movie turns out great, just like that scene, but untill then, I'll be judgemental, I don't want poeple to agree with me, I enjoy the debates, no bodies opinion is more correct then the next....
Well everyone is going to have their opinion after all.There have been quite a few movies that have been released that many people loved but the critics and some fans thought it was crap.(Daredevil,Hulk,hint hint wink wink)They might have a valid reason for hating them but others do not.These will nit-pick at every detail,Ex.Oh well I didn't like Storm's hair in that scene or Wolvie's costume was too dirty or the Hulk should've been played by a wrestler,so this movie SUCKS!!!
If they have an opinion let them have it,it's their right but I'm not going to listen to you if all you have to say about a movie that I and others particularly like is nonsensical criticism.So with that X3 will be great and I won't let any rotten nit-pickers ruin my anticipation for this movie.

Proteus-X312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #153
JokerNick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus-X312
Well everyone is going to have their opinion after all.There have been quite a few movies that have been released that many people loved but the critics and some fans thought it was crap.(Daredevil,Hulk,hint hint wink wink)They might have a valid reason for hating them but others do not.These will nit-pick at every detail,Ex.Oh well I didn't like Storm's hair in that scene or Wolvie's costume was too dirty or the Hulk should've been played by a wrestler,so this movie SUCKS!!!
If they have an opinion let them have it,it's their right but I'm not going to listen to you if all you have to say about a movie that I and others particularly like is nonsensical criticism.So with that X3 will be great and I won't let any rotten nit-pickers ruin my anticipation for this movie.
ok??? I got one thing to say to you, I salmon peace for pudding

JokerNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #154
fallenAngel
Side-Kick

I hate to say this, but I think the lack of Gambit is hurting the excitment level of more casual fans. So many whiny kids are just saying things like, "Iceman doesn't ice up (which he does) and no gambit. WTF!!!!!!!!!, this movie is all wrong, and it's going to suck."

I just read the recent issue of Entertainment Weekly, Stephen King thinks the movie looks awesome. But a poll says that people think POTC will be the big blockbuster. Now nothing is a sure thing, look at MI:3, but I think the media is putting most of it's attention on Davinci and Supes, (which I feel is a little ill placed because its purley based on name recognition) where as I think a lot of people are expecting POTC just because it has a wide fanbase and was such a surprise hit in the first place. There was actually a lot of negative readers comments about Routh as Super man.

X men has already sort of had it's spotlight in terms of audience attention, and I think it is a bit overshadowed simply because there almost doesn't seem to be as much to lose, since it's presumed to be the end of the trilogy. The stakes are only really high for the studio and the fans, who will go see it anyway.

But as stated earlier, no one likes things to be overhyped and name recognition often helps spare marketting dollars.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #155
fallenAngel
Side-Kick

double post, sorry

Last edited by fallenAngel; 05-09-2006 at 05:59 PM.
fallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #156
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

X3 just got the cover of a brazilian newspaper, and the buzz about the movie is incredible, they think it will rock.

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #157
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenAngel
I hate to say this, but I think the lack of Gambit is hurting the excitment level of more casual fans. So many whiny kids are just saying things like, "Iceman doesn't ice up (which he does) and no gambit. WTF!!!!!!!!!, this movie is all wrong, and it's going to suck."

I honestly don't think anyone over ten actually gives a crap about Gambit's absence that much. Most casual fans are excited enough about Beast, Angel and Juggernaut anyway.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #158
cardslinger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down
I honestly don't think anyone over ten actually gives a crap about Gambit's absence that much. Most casual fans are excited enough about Beast, Angel and Juggernaut anyway.
That is BS. I'm 19 and everyone I know are only casual fans, but are all upset that Gambit is not in X3. All the people I know are older than me too.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
cardslinger is offline   Reply With Quote