The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #326
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men The Last Stand Review

Quote:
See, I'm not willing to compromise on this film. I'm not going to judge it against the "could've been worse" standard and consider its rushed production.
How about the "It should have been better" affecting things? Because every film ever made can have that said about it on some level.

Quote:
Fox had an ample opportunity to make a great X-Men film that lives up to the series past and series potential. If they do not make it, this film will be a failure in my book.
And what would such a film include?

Quote:
I don't pay 8 dollars, nor respect writers and creators, for "their best shot."
What if their best shot is flat-out pretty good, but not perfect?

Quote:
If you fail, you fail.
You honestly expect X3 to fail? It's this kind of talk that's making people panic.

Quote:
Hollywood wants to know why the BO sucks right now? Its because they use this "could've been worse" standard when they make their films....
I think we both know that even if X3 fails, it will be light years beyond the average Hollywood film.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #327
TNC9852002
Banned User

Pffft...Anonymous review my ass..

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #328
bosef982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard
How about the "It should have been better" affecting things? Because every film ever made can have that said about it on some level.

And what would such a film include?

What if their best shot is flat-out pretty good, but not perfect?

You honestly expect X3 to fail? It's this kind of talk that's making people panic.

I think we both know that even if X3 fails, it will be light years beyond the average Hollywood film.
You are utterly right, I am utterly wrong. I should be shot, maimed, and beaten (not neccessarily in that order) and then left to rot outside someone's door with a tub of melting ice cream in my arms.

Two Films, One Review, No Holds Barred.
Comic books, fantasy, drama, romantic comedy -- all are put to task!

bosef982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #329
PhePhe112
Side-Kick

yeah I think the "review" was totally made up. I could have written it. It has nothing new in it except what we've seen in the trailers or read online (ie: script leaked). I think if it were a real review they would have gone into more detail. I have a feeling someone working for fox or perhaps one of the writers are out there pretending to be fans that have seen the movie. They are trying to make us think certain things will happen in the film, which really they won't happen....(ie: cyke dying) It's actually a really great way of fooling people. If I were a writer/director and I wanted the ending to be a surprise I would do the exact same thing.

Ps- sorry if this post made NO sence....I'm soooooo sleepy!

(female hype member)

\||/
/||\
PhePhe112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #330
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982
You are utterly right, I am utterly wrong. I should be shot, maimed, and beaten (not neccessarily in that order) and then left to rot outside someone's door with a tub of melting ice cream in my arms.
Well, there's no need to go wasting perfectly good ice cream...

It's OK, just breathe...don't carry the weight of the world on the fate of one movie. Just enjoy it!

danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:18 AM   #331
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313
Oh lord. I only have to look at that link address to tell you all that this is fake. You wanna know where that site has taken many of it's "scoops" in the past? CanMag. 'Nuff said. And they're just at bad taking news from people with no credibility.

I really really hope what your saying is true. But If I had the choice between that and a million dollars, you guys are gonna have to wait longer for X4 to come out.

ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:25 AM   #332
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerNick
X3: the last review

a cure is made,Wow, there's Angel, Jean wakes up, cyclops is killed, here's Beast, Bad Phoenix awakens, Juggernaut appears, mystique is killed, xavier is killed, phoenix joins magneteo, logan and storm are now the leaders, goldengate bridge thing, rogue gets cured, big fight, many deaths including magneto, Jean killed by logan after they make out, Storm and logan run school with beast, Jean gets own grave, cyclops is used as fertalizer, bobby bangs kitty, THE END

3.5 outta 5
That's two good reviews now from reliable sources.

Noone should need further convincing.