The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 03-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
The Storm
Side-Kick

Default X3 Hype Rising

I know there are threads like this on the Spoilers forum but some people might not venture there. So this is a thread to discuss X3's rising hype, it can be anything from a mention in a paper to a behind the scenes programme.

X3 is mentioned in Cineworld's magazine 'Unlimited' as one of the films to look out for this year, mentioned alongside Da Vinci Code and Pirates of the Caribbean. Its also has an article in Vue cinemas magazine. Here in the UK we have an anti piracy ad the at beginning of the commercials. Now usually movies featured in this ad are the big releases out at that time i.e. King Kong, Narnia etc...This is the first time I've seen it for a film that isn't out yet, it features the teaser trailer. The general reaction from audiences from seeing the X3 teaser is good and I'm sure this film will do well.

The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
fangrl06
Side-Kick

Default Re: X3 Hype Rising

I don't think that the film is being promoted enough. The only time I have seen the teasers is online.

fangrl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
The Storm
Side-Kick

Really, I was suprised at how much I've already seen. The anti piracy ad will be great promotion, it will be shown with every film.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
RagingTempest
Side-Kick

I think the web is theperfect place to promote the movie, I mean there are millions of people on the internet everyday. X3 has a lot of hype, don't worry.

RagingTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #5
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangrl06
I don't think that the film is being promoted enough. The only time I have seen the teasers is online.
It's still pretty early. Towards the end of April/beginning of way we'll start to see the FOX marketing machine to it's thing. I have a feeling that by May 26, you won't be able to take two steps in a major U.S. city without seeing X's everywhere.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #6
oneteen
James/Scott fan

They should really start showing the trailer in theaters now. I've never seen the teaser yet either.

oneteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
_BB_
Im a GIRL

There will be a sudden burst of promotion towards late april, early may. That way people will be all hyped up to see the film rather than promote it really early on so that by time the films about to come out people have forgotten it. Lightning did a good thread on it in the spoilers forum before: "what happens last is remembered first?"

_BB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #8
grey_jeanie
Side-Kick

I saw it on Johnathon Ross' film 2006 yesterday. He said it would be one of the 6 big films of 2006 along with Bond, SR, MI3 and some others.

grey_jeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
Alexsolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: X3 Hype Rising-Ad Sightings

I spotted 2 of the 6 "Take A Stand" Busboards this weekend while taking the PATH train into NYC from NJ, Several of the Wolverine & Storm placards were hanging at the various stops on the NJ side ( No I didn't take one...tempting as it may have been LOL).

The promotional push has begun!

Alexsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #10
_BB_
Im a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_jeanie
I saw it on Johnathon Ross' film 2006 yesterday. He said it would be one of the 6 big films of 2006 along with Bond, SR, MI3 and some others.

*turns on teleport replay*

_BB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BB_
There will be a sudden burst of promotion towards late april, early may. That way people will be all hyped up to see the film rather than promote it really early on so that by time the films about to come out people have forgotten it. Lightning did a good thread on it in the spoilers forum before: "what happens last is remembered first?"
You're right. Everyone on these boards are just too eager.

oneteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
The Storm
Side-Kick

Thats a good message, I'm just glad that there is promotion out there though. Especially since last year's box office results, besides its not too early.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #13
The Storm
Side-Kick

X3 is about to reach fever pitch here in the UK. I've seen the character posters in several bus stops today. Vue are plugging it quite well, four character banners and a giant one. The TV spots are getting airplay, fell of the chair when I saw one last night. It has also been mentioned on several movie & celebrity type programmes and have been for a while. There is also a competition on VH1 to win tickets to a special screening in New York on the 22nd, introduced by Jackman and Berry.