The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: What order will the comic book films come in at the box office in 2008???
The Dark Knight, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk 645 72.07%
The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 100 11.17%
Iron Man, The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk 111 12.40%
Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight 20 2.23%
The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight, Iron Man 6 0.67%
The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, The Dark Knight 13 1.45%
Voters: 895. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Cool Batman's Competition in 2008

Indiana Jones 4 and Iron Man are gonna be pretty solid competition for Batman. Indy will own the Summer if it comes out on time, and if they keep the dark mature tone for Batman (as they should) it'll limit it's box office to similar levels of the first film perhaps 25% higher which would be great. Iron Man is the new kid on the movie block. However "The Incredible Hulk" is expected to have a director annoucement real soon. That could be real interesting. Stay tuned...

Quote:
Star Wars and Indiana Jones 4 Updates
Source: The Hollywood Reporter June 20, 2006

The Hollywood Reporter has published a great article on what properties are being sought after at this week's Licensing 2006 International trade show in New York. The hot properties include Spider-Man 3, Shrek the Third, The Simpsons Movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Lucas Licensing also has big plans for the "Star Wars" franchise and Indiana Jones 4, now scheduled for a summer 2008 release:

Among those initiatives are the first CG-animated "Star Wars" TV series slated for 2008, a live-action "Star Wars" series in preproduction, a new video game from LucasArts tied to the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars" that will be released in fall 2007, the release of the original versions of the first three "Star Wars" films on DVD singles in the fall and a new Lego "Star Wars" video game based on the original trilogy, also scheduled for fall.

Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing, said the Lucasfilm division also will be looking for licensing partners for the summer 2007 release of a new "Indiana Jones" video game from LucasArts and the summer 2008 release of a new "Indiana Jones" movie.

Other titles mentioned are Alien vs. Predator 2 and Die Hard 4. The full article is available here.

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
Doc Holliday
I'm your huckleberry

Default Re: Batman's Competition in 2008

AVP2?!!!! What the hell are they thinking?!!!

And didn't they already make a Hulk movie that bombed? Why would they make another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Fact: The Avengers appeals to a more Shawarma type of audience, while TDKR appeals to the more falafel type.
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:21 AM   #3
zer00
Banned User

*widdles*

zer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
drunkhomer
Side-Kick

pretty sure batman would do jsut fine wif all that competition

drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #5
blind_fury
Banned User

"wif"? lmfao!

*wipes tear*

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:07 AM   #6
blind_fury
Banned User

Looks like George Lucas isn't satisfied with a billion dollars. He wants a trillion.

Greedy bastard.

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #7
Shedhut
Side-Kick

EVERYONE is going to see Batman2

Shedhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
Jack Napier
Side-Kick

I want to see Indiana Jones 4. It doesn't mean I won't see Batman 2 though. I'll see both of them multiple times.The way I see it, a lineup like that will make for a pretty good summer.

Anyone else think this summer sucks for movies? Can't wait for Supes.

Jack Napier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:56 AM   #9
nolan's roll'n
Side-Kick

Quote:
I want to see Indiana Jones 4. It doesn't mean I won't see Batman 2 though. I'll see both of them multiple times.The way I see it, a lineup like that will make for a pretty good summer.
Anyone else think this summer sucks for movies? Can't wait for Supes.
This summer does suck for movies. Superman Returns and the sequel to Pirates of the Carribean are the only movies I'm going to see.

nolan's roll'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #10
Steelsheen
Iconic

i think the movie to watch out for is Iron Man. its shaping to be a juggernaut of a movie and it hasnt even started with pre-production.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:47 AM   #11
Milkman95
BvS 3.25.16

Iron-Man will do Daredevil numbers, sorry. He's even less known than DD is.

If Favreau sticks with casting an unknown in the title role, Iron-Man won't give Batman any type of competition whatsoever. Indy 4, Hulk 2, and Jurassic 4 will be the competition, not some lesser known character like Ghost Rider.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #12
The Batman
The Dark Knight

hahahhahhahha Iron Man being competetion for Batman?

You can tell a marvel fanboy made this thread. And we dont even know if indy will actually come out in 08'.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #13
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Cool Re: Batman's Competition in 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyaggie457
AVP2?!!!! What the hell are they thinking?!!!

And didn't they already make a Hulk movie that bombed? Why would they make another one?
#1 because it made enough money to warrant a sequel.
#2 because Marvel has the rights back and is going to make it themselves without Universal and it's going to be what people want this time.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95
Iron-Man will do Daredevil numbers, sorry. He's even less known than DD is.

If Favreau sticks with casting an unknown in the title role, Iron-Man won't give Batman any type of competition whatsoever. Indy 4, Hulk 2, and Jurassic 4 will be the competition, not some lesser known character like Ghost Rider.
Iron Man will do just fine and it could give Batman a run for it's money. They won't go head to head but the box office comparisons could be similar. Depends how dark Iron Man is. Batman could have made alot more at the box office but they kept it very dark and very mature..which is better to me. Trust me if Batman comes out one weeek, and Iron Man 2 weeks later it'll have a big impact. Casting an unknown means nothing even though he said he's not going to likely cast a total unknown just not a super-star. Like Christian Bale was a superstar, Hugh Jackman, Tobey Macguire, etc...The character is the draw in these films...not the status of the lead actors career and Jon Favreau is a very talented and "in touch" director.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #15
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Dark
#2 because Marvel has the rights back and is going to make it themselves without Universal and it's going to be what people want this time.
i want them to keep the cast. they did just fine. just improve on the pacing.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #16
Rynan
Side-Kick

Batman will rule in 2008

A proud critic of the SOTB
Why this new Joker hurts me.
INWHD- In Nolan We HAVE DOUBT.
Rynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #17
Milkman95
BvS 3.25.16

Quote:
Iron Man will do just fine and it could give Batman a run for it's money. They won't go head to head but the box office comparisons could be similar. Depends how dark Iron Man is. Batman could have made alot more at the box office but they kept it very dark and very mature..which is better to me. Trust me if Batman comes out one weeek, and Iron Man 2 weeks later it'll have a big impact. Casting an unknown means nothing even though he said he's not going to likely cast a total unknown just not a super-star. Like Christian Bale was a superstar, Hugh Jackman, Tobey Macguire, etc...The character is the draw in these films...not the status of the lead actors career and Jon Favreau is a very talented and "in touch" director.
That's the problem - Iron-Man is NOT a well known character, I don't care if it's done lighter or in a more mature nature like Batman Begins was. IMO, Iron-Man needs at least one big name to even come close to competing with Batman.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #18
Ronny Shade
back for a limited time

Quote:
Um you're forgetting a couple things:
1) If Batman Begins had been any more "dark and mature" it would have been rated R. Therefore it would have made much less money.
2) Batman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine are the most famous super-heroes short of Superman. Iron Man isn't.
3) Iron Man is not nearly as "dark" a character as Batman

Old 06-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #19
Rynan
Side-Kick

Ironman will get his ass kicked by Batman, just like The Fantastic Four did.

A proud critic of the SOTB
Why this new Joker hurts me.
INWHD- In Nolan We HAVE DOUBT.
Rynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #20
Ronny Shade
back for a limited time

Fantastic Four kicked its own ass by sucking so hard.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #21
Advanced Dark
Banned User

^ Fantastic Four was more profitable than Batman. Which is pretty sad considering how exposed Batman has been to the general public for decades. Besides they won't be released on the same date. Hey Ronnyshade you're arguing with the wrong person. I agree with everything in your post but it doesn't matter if Iron Man is not as well known. How well known was Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Shrek, Chrisitan Bale, Tobey Maguire, Brandon Routh, etc...You can argue against the actor or character being unknown either way. It all comes down to the quality + what the public wants. LOL

Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #22
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95
That's the problem - Iron-Man is NOT a well known character, I don't care if it's done lighter or in a more mature nature like Batman Begins was. IMO, Iron-Man needs at least one big name to even come close to competing with Batman.
I'd say Jon Favreau is a big name, Iron Man can carry his own weight. How well known was Blade? See previous post.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #23
COME ON !
Christian Bale's sidekick

Quote:
^ Fantastic Four was more profitable than Batman. Which is pretty sad considering how exposed Batman has been to the general public for decades. Besides they won't be released on the same date. Hey Ronnyshade you're arguing with the wrong person. I agree with everything in your post but it doesn't matter if Iron Man is not as well known. How well known was Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Shrek, Chrisitan Bale, Tobey Maguire, Brandon Routh, etc...You can argue against the actor or character being unknown either way. It all comes down to the quality + what the public wants. LOL
How do you know that FF was more profitable than BB ? It was more profitable than BB at the box office when you compare the two films' budgets, but what about DVD sales and TV rights ? I've read that BB was huge on DVD.

COME ON ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #24
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COME ON !
How do you know that FF was more profitable than BB ? It was more profitable than BB at the box office when you compare the two films' budgets, but what about DVD sales and TV rights ? I've read that BB was huge on DVD.
I wouldn't call 6 million huge, but yeah it was pretty big on DVD.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #25
COME ON !
Christian Bale's sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY
I wouldn't call 6 million huge, but yeah it was pretty big on DVD.
Where did you get that figure from ? I've been looking for a DVD sales info site. Do you know of one ?

Thanks.

COME ON ! is offline   Reply With Quote