The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #51
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: So MANY sequel set-ups!

I'm sure S.R. will make a ton of money,people actually clapped at times at the viewing I saw tonite.I even heard a couple of folks saying that they wanted to see it again.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #52
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I agree with not using Zod again. If they went that route, I would honestly say they're just remaking the earlier ones. Granted, he doesn't have the best villains, but a good director and writer can make them work in live action.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #53
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman79
The kids' death would be most compelling and simple...either natural causes or due to villiany...

the other option is always having the kid turn to "the dark side" and fight his own father...it was something Peters mentioned in Look up in the Sky...
Forget that dying of natural causes or growing up and becomming evil. Brainiac should zap that kid, I didn't like that kid. Imagine how pissed Superman would be at Brainiac after his son is murdered, that would be clash for the ages.

Last edited by The Overlord; 06-29-2006 at 12:24 AM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:18 AM   #54
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

hmm....I like this idea of the kid turning evil... He could become the Eradicator

Old 06-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #55
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer : Who is Lana Lang again? That red headed girl from the high school scene in Superman : The Movie.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #56
Superman79
Superman79 Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Forget that dying of natural causes or growing up and becomming evil. Brainiac should zap that kid, I didn't like that kid. Imagine how pissed Superman would be at Brainiac after his son is murdered, that would be clash for the ages.
Just so long as SR2 does not end up like Legend of Zorro or Mummy Returns, with the kid as a spunky sidekick...I would be forced to burn the theatre down

Superman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:26 AM   #57
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Let's have a prequel and a sequel.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #58
BULLITT
Side-Kick

Question Re: So MANY sequel set-ups!

As of July 1st, sequels, let alone one, is by no means a sure thing.

$48 million domestically

BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #59
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

For the sequel i would like to see

Lois & Clark in a romantic relationship, I would like to see Lois take notice to Clark .

For Clark & Jason to get to know each other,

For Lex Luthor to cause more trouble for SUPERMAN

Bring Brainiac

More Superman & Lois

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #60
sheltz32tt
Side-Kick

What about Braniac finds the crystals and relizes there could be kryptonian life left. He wants to track down the last of the kryptonians (not knowing there is 2) He hires the universes greatest bounty hunter Lobo. They are tracked to earth, and lobo heads to motropolis looking for supes. Could attack when supes is disguised as clark or supes whatever would be better. They have a crazy fight Lobo taking good measures to destroy everything in his path buildings cars (civilians) While the fight persues Braniac Learns about a hybrid kryptonian. Being the first of its kind he wants this hybrid to do research on. He goes after the hybrid kryptonian himself. Supes kicks the crap out of lobo and now has to go after the Braniac to get back the hybrid, without letting his true emotions surface and letting the whole world to see why he cares so much.

sheltz32tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #61
SFII
Banned User

Superman already did Zod!

SFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #62
SFII
Banned User

hey maybe those astronauts in that space shuttle that Superman saved could land on New Krypton. and somehow they become infected or discover something weird on it. and maybe they become supervillians as a result. like a bunch of Bizarros or something.

and maybe Jason can die, becuz that seems like a pain in the ass to keep having to deal with him and his super powers in future sequels.

SFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:41 AM   #63
rwf

I think this will be a set up to superboy in another superman movie i believe it will be in superman 3 where jason is a preteen say 13.

He still doesnt know supes his dad ;he is a little rough around the edges and his powers are getting out of hand meaning the yellow sun is beginning to change his molecules to more of kryptonian(his kryptonian dna could be far superior to humen dna but need a catalyst to begin a mutation to more of his father gene like say hair loss but this is more of loss of humen dna shedding slowly as years go by and he asorbs more sun. just a theory.)

The cat will be out of the bag but some where maybe in new superman 2 richard learns this which slowly changes they relationship but rich being a good man stays thinking he can make lois love him and continues to father richard .

Superman 3 richard feeling hurt about jason not being his begins to become drawn off from lois and jason causing a rift between him and jason.
Jason progresses in his kryptonian trait and lois tells jason the truth and allows supe a chance to raise his powerful son meaning "hey it your turn to raise him now" but this causes jason alot of pain knowing richard aint his dad causing him to be rebellious.

Super man and jason relationship is not going so well they are different as nite as day supe is still a country guy at heart but the young jason is very city causing some different idealogy on life . This also opens up jason feelings on being superman son and how he feels supe never wanted him as a son and feels unworthy but tries anyways to prove to supe he can carry the family name going behind his dad back and goes by the name superboy begins fighting crime but of course causing rookie mistakes along the way pissing supes off because his kid should be in school and learning somthing .

Super man reason for not getting in jason life comes out in a father and son discussion after a heated argument he explains how being who he is can be so rough and he couldnt live with his enemies knowing about him and hurting lois new life ;this helps give a preteen jason some closure and understanding to his family.

again just an idea for the subplots in the new super man 2 and 3 movies if they come out .

Last edited by rwf; 07-02-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 AM   #64
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

There will more than likely not be a sequel to this film, if so it needs to take a different apporach.....

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #65
ervann
Super Deformin'

Why is Brainiac more popular as a villian than Darkseid? I always thought the latter offers a story of greater epic scope, action and something that can really wake audiences up to what a Super-villian is.

Maybe fitting for the 3rd movie to wrap the trilogy up...

ervann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #66
Quigon007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinluvsBabs
Brainiac would actually be only Logical next step, because what the hell Happenned to the Crystals?? and how is the Fortress of solitude going to Function now??
Well if superman finds the green crystal that he showed louis in the second superman movie, that could re-build the fortress of solitude all on it's own. I mean it came with his ship and lead superman there for the crystal to build the place.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #67
combocaz
Side-Kick

kill the kid, superman does'nt need a son.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #68
PunisherPoster
Side-Kick

Why can't Superman just retrieve the crystals using a radiation suit?

PunisherPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #69
Dr.HugoStrange
Side-Kick

They got supes dna so maybe bizarro, and new krypton could be a sort of bizarro world

Dr.HugoStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #70
Dr.HugoStrange
Side-Kick

They got supes dna so maybe bizarro, and new krypton could be a sort of bizarro world

Dr.HugoStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #71
thechubbysaint
Side-Kick

Where are the crystals? The ocean (did that part of New Krypton fall off with the 'dramatic helicopter escape') or in space?

thechubbysaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #72
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I say use the Braniac story from the TAS. It is drama filled and much more intresting then comic Braniac. Then I don't know, have Lex get some of Supes or his kids DNA, and create Bizzaro. He could work if done right.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #73
reallyoldspideyfan
Side-Kick

Hello,

First, I saw it for the second time last night and, although us comic fans are on the fence about the kid and the movie, clearly the females in the crowd and the majority of "average movie go-ers" LOVED this movie. Last night, just in my line of sight, I saw 10 girls crying. Watching Superman getting beaten was hard to watch...watching him fall was hard and, most of them, cried when the kid kissed him. Personally, I loved the movie except for the fact that it was too close to the original.

Anyway, I usually ask my fiance (a non-comic fan) what she thinks about the movie and she agreed that LOIS and RICHARD both know it is SUPERMAN's kid from the beginning. When she said "how could you leave US like that", she was not referring to the world, she was referring to her and the kid. She obviously was shocked when she saw the kid throw the piano but that was because she was unsure about him getting powers...they made reference to him being "fragile" and bad in gym. As for RICHARD, he knows (I mean, how could he not) that the kid is not his and I think he really loves Lois and just wanted to be there for her and the child. He is just a nice guy. He knows that she loves Superman and he probably has no chance against him but he just wants to try.

As for a sequel, we know a couple things:

1 - Superman has lost his K. heritage and cannot use the fortress due to the crystals being in space.

2 - There is A TON of Kryponite at the bottom of the Ocean. Tons of it fell off New K.

3 - Lex cannot be the Lex we want (ie: head of a major corporation with tons of money) because both SUPERMAN and LOIS can testify that he made NK and almost whiped out the US.

4 - It appears that SUPERMAN would want the world to think that the kid is RICHARD's because he would be a target. I also get the impression from the movie that Clark respects Richard. Lex clearly knows and that will come into play.

Just my thoughts,

DN

reallyoldspideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote