The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > The Comics

Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 AM   #51
dlo6215
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

hey guys, i love these debate threads and i was wondering where everyone gets their info. Ex. superman is 2X as strong as whoever. Is there a site or something where i can find this stuff w/o reading every issue of every series ever? thanks.

dlo6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:55 AM   #52
Toby_Temple
Side-Kick

One of Superman's weakness is mystical powers or magic. Thor's hammer, Mjolnir, is of mystical origins and has mystical powers. Thor can also conjure the mystical power known as the godforce. I don't see how Superman who can be killed by mystical attacks can take a mystically powered being.

Last edited by Toby_Temple; 07-03-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Toby_Temple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #53
Sloth7d
Escapist

If you count the entire Avengers reserves and Jla reserves we will have an interesting fight. The match ups may look something like this
Captain America vs Batman
Superman vs Sentry
Thor vs Captain Marvel
Wonder woman vs Warbird
Spiderman vs Booster gold lol
Wolverine vs Hawk man
Aquaman vs wonder man
Green lantern vs Ironman
super girl vs she hulk
Hawk girl vs falcon
EditSteel vs Beast)
Martian manhunter vs Vision
Scarlett witch vs Zantana
Quick silver vs The flash
Green arrow vs Hawk eye
and Hulk vs Plastic man lol but it could go eiter way if you consider it
Black panther vs Blue beetle
Hank pym vs Atom
Luke cage vs Question mark
Spiderwoman vs Canary
Its a hard debate but.....
With this in mind I'd have to go with the Avengers, because their team is on the verge of omnipotence. Like they may even get a new member with that Michael guy.

Last edited by Sloth7d; 07-03-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Sloth7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #54
Sloth7d
Escapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth7d
If you count the entire Avengers reserves and Jla reserves we will have an interesting fight. The match ups may look something like this
Oh and
Captain America vs Batman= draw
Superman vs Sentry=superman
Thor vs Captain Marvel=Thor
Wonder woman vs Warbird=Wonderwoman,maybe....its 50/50
Spiderman vs Booster gold lol=spiderman ofcourse
Wolverine vs Hawk man=wolverine
Aquaman vs wonder man=wonderman
Green lantern vs Ironman=Ironman
super girl vs she hulk=she hulk
Hawk girl vs falcon=hawk girl
Steel vs Wonderman=didn't realize I double match up'd wonderman
Martian manhunter vs Vision=draw
Scarlett witch vs Zantana=scarlett witch
Quick silver vs The flash=flash hands down
Green arrow vs Hawk eye=Hawk eye
and Hulk vs Plastic man lol but it could go eiter way if you consider it=Hulk
Black panther vs Blue beetle=Black panther
Hank pym vs Atom=draw
Luke cage vs Question mark=undecided
Spiderwoman vs Canary=spider woman
With this in mind I'd have to go with the Avengers, because their team is on the verge of omnipotence. Like they may even get a new member with that Michael guy.
Just my opinion.b

Old 07-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #55
Sloth7d
Escapist

And steel vs Beast=Beast the victor. All he'd have to do is start tearing the suit apart and with his brains he should be able to tell which component to destroy first.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #56
Symbiote Hulk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter
Justice League of America (assumed)
Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El)
Batman (Bruce Wayne)
Wonder Woman (Diana)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
Booster Gold (Michael Carter)
Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
Firestorm (Jason Rusch)
Zatanna Zatara
Cyborg (Victor Stone)

Avengers
Captain America (Steve Rodgers)
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Spider-Woman (Jessica Jones)
Luke Cage/Power Man
Wolverine (James Howlett/Logan)
Sentry (Robert Reynolds)
Ronin/Echo (Maya Lopez)

The Justice League wins by a long shot
Of course they do if avengers have those guys but if they have the same characters from the Ultimate Avengers 2, Avengers>JLA

Symbiote Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #57
Sloth7d
Escapist

The New Avengers lose easily, but the new Avengers,incliding reservist members, is another story.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #58
elvislennon2005
Side-Kick

Ok, here is my thoughts. For people thinks that Batman will be taken out of the fight because he has no powers what so ever is wrong. Batman might not really be in the fight. He will find the weakness for the Avengers and you it against them. That is how Batman is and always have been. He will know that he can't go against them because he lacks the power to do so. So I say he would be behind the lines trying to find the Avengers weakness.
Sloth7d about you opinion of Supergirl getting beat up by She Hulk. Which Supergirl are you talking about? Their is five different ones and one is the blood cousin to Superman meaning she has the same powers as he does. So that might be a draw too.
Some says that Wonder Woman is be beating up by Thor or whoever. Well, she held her own against Superman for God's sake. Do you believe yourself when you said that? I think she would be winner of whoever.
larryfilmmaker that guy doens't know what he is talking about having Superman doing that stuff like ripping apart a star or rearrangin the Solar System. That guy needs to know that if you move a planet then something will hapen to that planet even it is move a little bit. Superman is strong and maybe can move a moon like he did in Superman IV but Earth would of been destroy if he move it out of the orbit.
The Question Batman just didn't beat Superman in just on in Hush but two other times and those times are before 1986 during the pre crisis Superman. Batman won hands down because he cheated but he won.
I think would last against anyone because he can make a vortex and make the person pass out if needed. Martian Manhunter would win over Vision.
But JLA is to strong in each of their own way for the Avengers. Avengers would lose big time.

elvislennon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #59
Sloth7d
Escapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislennon2005
Ok, here is my thoughts. For people thinks that Batman will be taken out of the fight because he has no powers what so ever is wrong. Batman might not really be in the fight. He will find the weakness for the Avengers and you it against them. That is how Batman is and always have been. He will know that he can't go against them because he lacks the power to do so. So I say he would be behind the lines trying to find the Avengers weakness.
And same goes for spiderman.
Sloth7d about you opinion of Supergirl getting beat up by She Hulk. Which Supergirl are you talking about? Their is five different ones and one is the blood cousin to Superman meaning she has the same powers as he does. So that might be a draw too.
Agreeable, but it depends on how mad she-hulk gets.
Some says that Wonder Woman is be beating up by Thor or whoever. Well, she held her own against Superman for God's sake.
Do you believe yourself when you said that? I think she would be winner of whoever.
Superman=holding back.
Thor beat superman in one title, but lost in another.
So odds are Thor would seriously own her if he could go back and forth winning against Supes.
larryfilmmaker that guy doens't know what he is talking about having Superman doing that stuff like ripping apart a star or rearrangin the Solar System. That guy needs to know that if you move a planet then something will hapen to that planet even it is move a little bit. Superman is strong and maybe can move a moon like he did in Superman IV but Earth would of been destroy if he move it out of the orbit.
Yeah, but logic doesn't always aply. If it did, then scientificly everytime Supes caught a person falling from several ft, they would die from impact.
The Question Batman just didn't beat Superman in just on in Hush but two other times and those times are before 1986 during the pre crisis Superman. Batman won hands down because he cheated but he won.
I think would last against anyone because he can make a vortex and make the person pass out if needed. Martian Manhunter would win over Vision.
But JLA is to strong in each of their own way for the Avengers. Avengers would lose big time
If you think that, then you are seriously underestimating the Avengers.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #60
elvislennon2005
Side-Kick

I am not underestimating the Avengers at all. Justice League has more powerful players than Avengers with Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. If you add Supergirl to it but it still it depends on which one, which I say add the original Supergirl. It doesn't matter how mad She Hulk gets at all. The original Supergirl could stand her own against She Hulk. Spiderman is nothing like Batman. He won't be sitting around without fighting. Batman will and that is really Batman's true power. He will find their weakness and use it against them. Yes, Superman holds back on punches but you need to understand the strength of Superman. If he hits everybody at full force that person who be dead. He didn't hold his punches against the Hulk because he figure out that the more stronger Hulk gets the more savage he gets. During one battle, Superman hit Hulk so hard that those punches could be heard around the world. So was the Hulk punches but Hulk lost still. If you want Superman ripped apart a star and rearranging a Solar System. Tell me how would you defeat such a person at all without using Kryptonite? Yes, you can use magic but Batman might of thought of that ahead of time before the Avengers will use magic.
The power behind the Avengers is not compare to the JLA. They are simply to strong for them. If you add some members of the X-Men then they might have a chance and the key word their is might.
I even ask a friend who like Avengers alot more and has all their comics and I ask him who would win. He even said the sadly the JLA would win hands down. Avengers has more weakness than power. He said that the only key player that the Avengers would have is Thor and that is it. Yes, some more would be considered key players but they have more weakness than power while Thor you have to get that hammer away from him.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #61
yuppi

batman would get killed easily
the superman batman comics is a joke man
in like every episode superman is babysitting batman,
i mean who of their enemies that superman cant take out by himself?

JLA VS. Avengers?

hmmmm
im going to go with the avengers cause superman and flash,

PS CAP AMERICA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BATMAN
I LOVE BATMAN BUT LETS BE REAL HERE, CAP IS A SUPER HUMAN, AND HAS TAKEN OUT BAD GUYS STRONGER THEN HIMSELF JUST THE WAY BATMAN HAS.

EASY CAP VICTORY.

but yeah JLA wins cause supes and flash, i dont like either of them that much , but they have really cheap powers that give them such a huge advantage.

X-men Vs. JLA
now we talking

Old 07-19-2006, 01:09 AM   #62
Sloth7d
Escapist

Quote:
I am not underestimating the Avengers at all. Justice League has more powerful players than Avengers with Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.
The Sentry, Warbird,and Ironman easily match tose three.
If you add Supergirl to it but it still it depends on which one, which I say add the original Supergirl. It doesn't matter how mad She Hulk gets at all. The original Supergirl could stand her own against She Hulk.
If SheHulk let her rage consume her like in Avengers dissassembled Super girls going down. If she doesn't I still say it's a fair fight. Especially due to She-hulks healing factor and anger induced strenth. Basically if supergirl doesn't finish it right away shes going to be in trouble.
Spiderman is nothing like Batman. He won't be sitting around without fighting.
No, Ironman has basically made Spidey the brains of the group. Check New Avengers #19. Spidey stays behind to find a weakness on Michael.
Batman will and that is really Batman's true power. He will find their weakness and use it against them. Yes, Superman holds back on punches but you need to understand the strength of Superman. If he hits everybody at full force that person who be dead.
If he faught The Sentry it would be pretty even. Maybe even a double ko.
He didn't hold his punches against the Hulk because he figure out that the more stronger Hulk gets the more savage he gets. During one battle, Superman hit Hulk so hard that those punches could be heard around the world. So was the Hulk punches but Hulk lost still. If you want Superman ripped apart a star and rearranging a Solar System. Tell me how would you defeat such a person at all without using Kryptonite? Yes, you can use magic but Batman might of thought of that ahead of time before the Avengers will use magic.
Again, Sentry would be an evenly matched opponent.
The power behind the Avengers is not compare to the JLA. They are simply to strong for them. If you add some members of the X-Men then they might have a chance and the key word their is might.
No the Avengers by themselves is good enough.
I even ask a friend who like Avengers alot more and has all their comics and I ask him who would win. He even said the sadly the JLA would win hands down. Avengers has more weakness than power. He said that the only key player that the Avengers would have is Thor and that is it. Yes, some more would be considered key players but they have more weakness than power while Thor you have to get that hammer away from him.
Again I'll say you are seriously underestimating the Avengers. If you only new how strong some of them really were you might reconsider.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #63
elvislennon2005
Side-Kick

I know how strong they are. I collect their comics too. I read both Marvel and DC. The Avengers are not strong compare to the JL. All members of the Justice League got most of their powers naturally. Unlike the Avengers would got their powers in one way or another. I think you are underestimating the power of the Justice League.
They fought alot of those already and won more times than the Avengers has. Don't count that one that happen a few years ago because that story line was just put together. Superman knocking down the Hulk in about five punches or less. That won't happen. It will be a much bigger battle. Superman will knock down the Hulk but not the way that comic told it.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #64
Symbiote Hulk
Banned User

Quote:
I know how strong they are. I collect their comics too. I read both Marvel and DC. The Avengers are not strong compare to the JL. All members of the Justice League got most of their powers naturally. Unlike the Avengers would got their powers in one way or another. I think you are underestimating the power of the Justice League.
They fought alot of those already and won more times than the Avengers has. Don't count that one that happen a few years ago because that story line was just put together. Superman knocking down the Hulk in about five punches or less. That won't happen. It will be a much bigger battle. Superman will knock down the Hulk but not the way that comic told it.
Arguable

I believe that it's who has the better tactics that will win:
-Hulk has beaten the Avengers. The Avengers are slightly weaker or stronger to the JL.
-Superman has to put up quite a fight if he were against one of the other JL members (According to some of the Epidodes from The new animated JL series)
-If Hulk would go against all of the JL members (And keep Superman away from him), Hulk would probably beat the JL members while the rest of the Avengers go after Superman. The Avengers would win in that case.

But if it would be one on one, JL member VS Avenger member, It might be otherwise...

Last edited by Symbiote Hulk; 07-19-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Symbiote Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #65
elvislennon2005
Side-Kick

"-Superman has to put up quite a fight if he were against one of the other JL members (According to some of the Epidodes from The new animated JL series)
-If Hulk would go against all of the JL members (And keep Superman away from him), Hulk would probably beat the JL members while the rest of the Avengers go after Superman. The Avengers would win in that case."

That Superman is a little weaker on the JL series than the comic version of Superman. Out of the other members of the JL Hulk would have problems with Wonder Woman. According to the JL series, WW is the daughter of the one who guards the gates of Hell. As for in the comics I can't say because I don't have many of her comics and I been trying to find her info. But that is his only problem because she has strength that is match to Superman's. Martian Manhunter would give surprise attacks on the Hulk. Flash could run really fash to cause a vortex and suck the oxygen away from the Hulk do Hulk would pass out but Flash has to say over arms length to do that so Hulk won't hit him.
Superman Vs the rest of the Avengers....hmmm.....That might be a fair fight and I say after a long battle with them, Superman would still win. He would finally realize the only way to stop them by themselves is hit with full force meaning not pulling punches. If he pull his punches he would kill them so we don't want that. Also you won't be able to have a surprise attack on Superman because of his super hearing. That is the draw back the Avengers have. If that would happen I say that the last member that Superman would keep facing is Thor. All the rest would fall in time but Thor is another story because of that hammer. But if Superman could use his head he could defeat him to. But he would have to be like Batman, find his weakness and use it against him without killing him.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #66
Toby_Temple
Side-Kick

Superman alone against the the entire Avengers? That's suicide! Thor alone can handle him. Sentry can take him alone as well.

Superman knocking the Hulk out in a long fight? Impossible! Superman needs to give his all early on to prevent Hulk from getting stronger and stronger. If he fails to understand this, he'll lose.

As for JLA vs Avengers, I think the team who will win is the one with the best battle strategy.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:00 AM   #67
Sloth7d
Escapist

^exactly

Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 AM   #68
Sloth7d
Escapist

Quote:
Captain America vs Batman
Superman vs Sentry
Thor vs Captain Marvel
Wonder woman vs Warbird
Spiderman vs Booster gold lol
Wolverine vs Hawk man
Aquaman vs wonder man
Green lantern vs Ironman
super girl vs she hulk
Hawk girl vs falcon
EditSteel vs Beast)
Martian manhunter vs Vision
Scarlett witch vs Zantana
Quick silver vs The flash
Green arrow vs Hawk eye
and Hulk vs Plastic man lol but it could go eiter way if you consider it
Black panther vs Blue beetle
Hank pym vs Atom
Luke cage vs Question mark
Spiderwoman vs Canary
Just to bring back up what I think the one on one fights would look like.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:07 AM   #69
punishermax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Captain America vs Batman.....Cap
Superman vs Sentry......Draw
Thor vs Captain Marvel......Thor
Wonder woman vs Warbird.......Wonder Woman
Spiderman vs Booster gold lol.......Spidey
Wolverine vs Hawk man........Hawkman (People underestimate him)
Aquaman vs wonder man.........Aquaman
Green lantern vs Ironman.........GL (If anyone picks IM, they no nothing of GL)
super girl vs she hulk..........Supergirl
Hawk girl vs falcon..........Draw
EditSteel vs Beast)............Steel
Martian manhunter vs Vision..........Manhunter
Scarlett witch vs Zantana...............Zatanna
Quick silver vs The flash.............Flash (Flash alone could take out most of the Avengers before they had time to inahle)
Green arrow vs Hawk eye.............Draw
and Hulk vs Plastic man................I don't really know.
Black panther vs Blue beetle............Panther
Hank pym vs Atom.............Draw
Luke cage vs Question mark............Draw
Spiderwoman vs Canary..................Canary
I would go with the Avengers for only a couple of reason: Flash, Manhunter.

Flash could literally hit all of the Avengers with the Infinite Mass Punch before they could even think of reacting. And Manhunter is one of the most dangerous telepaths in the DC universe, not to mention: density control, heat vision, shapshifting, super strength and speed, and telekinesis.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:24 AM   #70
Sloth7d
Escapist

Are people underestimating Vision?
Do they not remember when he first faught the Avengers as a servant of Ultron and nearly beat them?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:29 AM   #71
Parker
Side-Kick

There is no way on God's green earth that Captain America could take Batman. The only guy in the Marvel ranks capable of even standing a chance at pulling off a draw with Batman is Black Panther.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #72
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Why? Cap is a highly skilled hand to hand combatant and tactitian, and is physically supirior to Batman in every way.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #73
Sloth7d
Escapist

Cap vs batman would be a pretty even fight.
I don't see any one sidedness to it.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #74
Parker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
Why? Cap is a highly skilled hand to hand combatant and tactitian, and is physically supirior to Batman in every way.
Captain America beats Batman in terms of leadership and battle tactics, but Bruce Wayne has had far more rigorous training in the martial-arts than Steve Rogers, by far. So in terms of leading a team of super-heroes, Cap takes the gold, sure. But if you're talking about a on-on-one bout, Batman wins indisputably. And even though Cap gets his perfect physique from the super soldier serum, Batman has honed his body to the peak of human perfection through conventional means. I might give Captain America the strength superiority, but he isn't half as intelligent or cunning as Batman, nor has he spent as much time perfecting his martial-arts.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #75
Sloth7d
Escapist

To say that, one must know very little on Captain America,
who was trained by the military.
Trained by shield.
Trained with the avengers
And practices his martial arts on a regular basis.
Yes, Batman does still know many more fighting techniques despite this, but the enhanced strenth and physique balances that out.
It would be an even fight.