|07-27-2006, 02:54 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Odd parts about Civil War...
These are a few things that do bug me about the crossover. Some are easily explainable away, others are a bit more difficult.
1. On what planet in what universe does BARON ZEMO get a government job? He's a gawd damned Nazi! If you ranked the most evil people in Marvel comics you would come up with a list that goes Apocalypse, the Red Skull, and Baron Zemo. Honestly, I half expect to see Apocalypse and the Horsemen show up with government authorization and it can't get any more crazy.
2. Deadpool is a similiar case. The man is outright crazy. Not in the sense of megalomania or disregard for people's lives (that is enough government employees). It's in the sense that he talks to himself, is delusional, and couldn't pass the psychological qualifications to be a mailman. THIS is a man hired by the government to bring in superheroes?
3. Are the American people REALLY so stupid as to utterly ignore Nitro's part in the Stamford affair? Does no one think that he should have his head called for? It's not like Speedball's Speed Force went out of whack (which is the way people are treating it). Nitro is the guy who detonated the bomb. Why isn't everyone going after him?
4. Again....BARON ZEMO. Reed Richards and Hank Pym seem happily chilling with the guy. It's like Professor Xavier sitting down with....well I'm not going to say Magneto...perhaps Cassandra Nova is a better take.
5. The WEIRD arguments people use. Emma Frost tells Tony Stark she won't help because the government didn't lift a finger to help Genosha when....there's not much he could do when the entire country was VAPORIZED. The slavery comparisons by Luke Cage. Reed Richards happily talking about McCarthyism, It's BIZARRE.
6. Have I mentioned Baron Zemo? What is it with Neo-Nazis and the government anyway? Red Skull is Secretary of State, Cobra Commander is Chief of Staff, and now Zemo is a registered marshall.
7. Spiderman making perfectly rational arguments in Amazing Spiderman for Registration'Revealing Public Identities in his own title while in others he might as well address Tony as his Furher. It seems to be inconsistent characterization.
8. The fact Speedball is guilty as sin for Manslaughter yet he's being portrayed as this huge victim whose apparently unaware he really IS guilty. I'm not sure I get what Marvel's going for.
9. They release the Green Goblin and every supervillain ever in the Marvel universe to be in the New Thunderbolts. Doctor Octopus, a man again, CLINICALLY INSANE and has tried to BLOW UP the world (Sinister Sex) in the government posse.
Whose next? Hydra for SHIELD recruitment.
10. Has Captain America lost his mind too. He sucker punches IRON MAN and expects to walk away from it easily. He recruits the Young Avengers into a battle that they can't win and will take them away from their families. He also insults Spidey to his face before comes crawling in Amazing Spiderman. It's weird.