The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Do you like that Zod will be the villian in the sequel?
Yes 16 29.63%
No 38 70.37%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #26
boywonder13
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Jude Law/General Zod Thread

Why would Law and hi Zod casting be known 3 years before the release date and a year and a few months before filming....?????

Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #27
ScottishFogg
Narnian

i liked Zod in the first two movies and from what i've heard, most people have really liked this new movie. BUT, the one complaint i hear (other than fans nit-picking) is that it's too similar to the old movies and not different enough. i think this would only add fuel to that fire. while it does intrigue me what they would do (story-wise), i'd much rather see Bizarro or Braniac -- hell, i'd settle for Solomon Grundy, just to see someone new.

i'd like to see Braniac come to earth, find Zod frozen in the arctic, take from him everything he's learned about Superman, and then kill him -- telling us all Zod will not return and Braniac is a BAMF (to reference Dane Cook).

Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #28
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

We'll be seeing Zod. I can feel it through the force. + He's the only one who'd be like Khan in wrath of khan, a character who in the past was defeated by our main protagonist in battle, and is hungry for revenge. So get ready for more. More vague sequel stuff. More hiding under donner's shadow. More homages.

Voice your concerns now. Maybe singer will read them and we can promote a different approach but I highly doubt he gives one big juicy fruit about what we think.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #29
Steelsheen
Iconic

BRAINIAC DAMMIT!!!!!

please?

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #30
Kabuki_Jo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
We'll be seeing Zod. I can feel it through the force. + He's the only one who'd be like Khan in wrath of khan, a character who in the past was defeated by our main protagonist in battle, and is hungry for revenge. So get ready for more. More vague sequel stuff. More hiding under donner's shadow. More homages.

Voice your concerns now. Maybe singer will read them and we can promote a different approach but I highly doubt he gives one big juicy fruit about what we think.
Do you think there weren't ppl telling Singer his ideas for Supeman Returns sucked, and he chose not to listen to them?
He won't listen to us, sadly.

Kabuki_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #31
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
I feel sure we will get Zod. Remember how Zod and the others were freed from the phantom zone in the original movies...Superman threw a hydrogen bomb into space...

Something similar will happen, it will be New Krypton that he threw into space smashing into the Phantom Zone to open it...

So predictable...

We're going to get another rehash/requel/re-tread/remake....

Prepare for Zod folks... Singer doesn't know how to do anything else....
Christ almighty, this just isn't true.You're going to believe some report from an english tabloid?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #32
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen
dammit! this is the second website thats reporting this the first one was here: http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=286

can anyone PLEASE try to confirm if any of this is BS or if its real?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #33
IAmHe9
I can see the strings

Jesus, Singer is such a tool. Is he planning on doing ANYTHING original with his Superman films? Seriously, give it to someone else.

IAmHe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #34
boywonder13
Side-Kick

I like the ideas u guys are saying of a Zod and Braniac Team

Old 08-09-2006, 07:17 AM   #35
Garzo
Side-Kick

This does not have to mean bad news for the sequel. Zod's an awsome character and there's a lot you can do with him. Singer is making a film here, not a comic book -- that's a big difference that a lot of comic book fans need to understand when looking at his movies.

As a filmmaker, he obviously wants actors, and good actors at that, in the main roles rather than computer animated hulking aliens.

For all intents and purposes, Zod can play the "part" of a Darkseid-like character. Zod does not have a "real" set history in the Superman mythos and therefore he lends himself to imaginitive new reincarnations.

The red-sun treatment he suffered in "Superman II" can turn out to have been only temporary (as well it should be) and he could have regained his powers and fled into space and set himself up as the ruler of some distant planet somewhere, still intent on conquering Earth and destroying Superman.

For most filmgoers who appreciate this cinematic version of Superman, seeing Jude Law or another talented actor in the role would be more interesting than a CGI Darkseid or an Inspector Gadget-like Braniac -- sheesh, a villain named "Braniac" would only attract little kids and make the sequel laughable (with all due respect to Braniac).

Garzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 AM   #36
boywonder13
Side-Kick

Check out the Superman returns sequel FAQ I have started....

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...d.php?t=246217

Old 08-09-2006, 07:32 AM   #37
Garzo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bale
ZOD is a great villain. Superman 2 was a great action packed movie.

Terence was a real evil ZOD. Great actor. But Singer wake up, we dont need a ZOD again, nor Luthor,Teschmacher,Otis and all the other stuff.

Donner is Donner, dont copy him.

Jude Law is a great actor, but Id like 2 know why Singer chooses him ? Why ? beacuse of Singers "orientation" ? Routh,Law ....hmmm

Donners Zod was an angry,hard man; not looking like a beau Alfie.

Cmon damn dont do this, please.

Do this and something new innovative like Metallo,Darkseid,Doomsday,Parasite,Brainiac.

Terence Stamp an "angry, hard man"? Maybe as General Zod, but Stamp has also played plenty of dandyesque characters, not to mention his role as an aging drag queen in the classic "Pricsilla, Queen of the Desert" (which also starred other 'tough-guy' actors like Hugo Weaving and Guy Pearce as transvestite Abba imitators).

Garzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #38
ruhanv
Side-Kick

What if the press are only getting half the story...

If there is some truth to this, then I would wager that Law is involved but not as Zod. Instead he will be playing another villian.

Reporters are generally just so clueless when it comes to the mythos that they would presume it's Zod.

ruhanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #39
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman
LoL! i'm keeping this

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #40
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhanv
What if the press are only getting half the story...

If there is some truth to this, then I would wager that Law is involved but not as Zod. Instead he will be playing another villian.

Reporters are generally just so clueless when it comes to the mythos that they would presume it's Zod.
Some journalists are pretty clueless.Especially those English tabloids.
They rarely or never check the facts or do actual research for stories like these.

In a time where you can do research fairly easily. A fax, e-mail, text message to a studio, agent/manager or better yet asking the person(s) in question does wonders for believability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen
LoL! i'm keeping this

Old 08-10-2006, 02:50 AM   #41
Zigno
Side-Kick

sounds like the sean penn joker rumor

Old 08-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #42
DarkSuperman
Side-Kick

Well, It's offical. Singer doesn't have an original bone in his frail little body. I completely believe this rumor or whatever it is cause singer always manages to screw up something in all of his films. Like making rogue a young mousy girl, instead of the confident sultry southern belle she was supposed to be. Singer will quite readily alter/reimagine anything he desires just to fit something within the scope of his STUPID stories. He doesn't care that making superman a father out of wedlock is something he would never do. He doesn't care that Lex Luthor is too smart a villain to be so obsessed with Land. He doesn't care that Lois Lane is a much older wiser and snappier woman than Kate Bosworth is able to portray. An he certainly doesn't care that his kegger pals Dougherty and Whoever don't have the writing cred to justify them writing a flick for the hero of millions.

No my friends...Singer doesn't give a flying F*** about anything you're saying. Why? Cause regardless of how much crap he delivers, regardless of how many rehashed, reused, recycled ideas he throws at us. He's still going to get paid upwards of 10 million for his crappy services.

The best thing we as an audience can do is show our dissapproval is by not buying the SR DVD or going to see the Sequel. Fanboys are gonna see it anyway mind you, but until you send a LOUD and CLEAR message that you don't want ridiculous plot and horrendous alterations of the characters you love. You're going to KEEP getting Singer's own special brand of Bulls***.

DarkSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #43
Hiruu
Side-Kick

Roflol...

- From By Schism Rent Asunder
Hiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #44
Venom71
Side-Kick

I voted no but I still don't buy this and to me it is just a rumor until confirmed. They haven't even said if their will be a sequel yet...why would they announce the villain before even okaying the sequel? It is just a RUMOR.

Venom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #45
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzo
This does not have to mean bad news for the sequel. Zod's an awsome character and there's a lot you can do with him. Singer is making a film here, not a comic book -- that's a big difference that a lot of comic book fans need to understand when looking at his movies.

As a filmmaker, he obviously wants actors, and good actors at that, in the main roles rather than computer animated hulking aliens.

For all intents and purposes, Zod can play the "part" of a Darkseid-like character. Zod does not have a "real" set history in the Superman mythos and therefore he lends himself to imaginitive new reincarnations.

The red-sun treatment he suffered in "Superman II" can turn out to have been only temporary (as well it should be) and he could have regained his powers and fled into space and set himself up as the ruler of some distant planet somewhere, still intent on conquering Earth and destroying Superman.

For most filmgoers who appreciate this cinematic version of Superman, seeing Jude Law or another talented actor in the role would be more interesting than a CGI Darkseid or an Inspector Gadget-like Braniac -- sheesh, a villain named "Braniac" would only attract little kids and make the sequel laughable (with all due respect to Braniac).
So lets just rehash Superman II, hooray. Who needs an original storyline.

Last edited by The Overlord; 08-10-2006 at 12:33 PM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #46
Zor-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom71
I voted no but I still don't buy this and to me it is just a rumor until confirmed. They haven't even said if their will be a sequel yet...why would they announce the villain before even okaying the sequel? It is just a RUMOR.
I agree. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. It's a rumor. A really old rumor at that... as far as i know, it started in the imdb trivia section, and thats all user submitted stuff, nothing official. We'll see....

Old 08-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #47
The Eradicator
Side-Kick

I think a lot of the anger here is unwarranted. Let's wait for official confirmation before we whine and *****. I have no doubt in my mind that Zod will be one of TWO villains, and that other baddie will be none other than Brainiac. A Zod/Brainiac team-up would make this the greatest sequel ever, and if it isn't too much trouble, Singer should throw the Eradicator in there for good measure and give us a nice Kryptonian bloodbath.

The Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #48
newmexneon
Side-Kick

Singer must die!!! (if Zod is in the sequel).

newmexneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #49
KING ZOD
New User - Level 0

Ok,... now after reading peoples comments here,... it is quite clear you guys don't want Zod to return. Lets remind ourselves something. Zod is the exact opposite of Superman, same powers & also to add 2 side kicks in Ursa & Non, who both also possess the same powers. Zod & Co would wipe the floor with any baddies mentioned or hell any other HERO in DC COMICS & Marvel put together!!! We're talking about beings that are like Superman who do not need oxygen to live. Chuck spidey out in space,... lol he will die. Chuck the HULK out in space. Hmmm. Not so incredible. Who? Batman?!!! Yeah and Arnold Schwarzenegger will be president in the next election! Give me a break people. Braniac???!!! I'm done listening to these suggestions. Zod should be, by right,... the BIG villian. A new ZOD with todays CGI would give us a mind blowing visual to how evil he is. The joker returned in the Dark Knight & that is what made the Dark Knight enjoyable. I for one will welcome Jor-El's arch enemies, superman's enemies my all time greatest villians, General Zod, Ursa & Non.
P.S. i REALLY HOPE JUDE LAW IS ZOD.

KING ZOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #50
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

I like the fact that General Zod is in the new Superman movie.