The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #51
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
Rogue isn't going to be an insecure teenager who is afraid and hates her powers in X1 and X2 and then all of a sudden in X3 she embraces it and becomes superpowerful. Singer made the Rogue character as weak and pathetic...Ratner just continued it.
Not that I don't think that Rogue taking the cure was not a logical conclusion (I don't agree with it, but it is logical), but at what point is she self-loathing or hating her powers in X2?

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:33 AM   #52
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,042
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
Not that I don't think that Rogue taking the cure was not a logical conclusion (I don't agree with it, but it is logical), but at what point is she self-loathing or hating her powers in X2?
When she kissed Bobby the second time and begins to hurt him. Or the fact that she continues to wear gloves and mentions that she can't touch people or she will hurt them. Or even the disgusted look she receives from Pyro after putting out the lawn fires. I sure didn't see a confident Rogue wanting to go into battle...unlike Iceman asking about costumes. Rogue's character ended the way Singer would have had it. I just don't understand the constant Ratner bashing for doing this with her character.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:49 AM   #53
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
When she kissed Bobby the second time and begins to hurt him.
I never found this to be a sign of self-loathing or her hating her powers anymore than she does in the comics with Gambit or anyone else. She's all for kissing Bobby, and when he gives her the go-ahead, she jumps right in. She says she's sorry afterwards in case he is uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
Or the fact that she continues to wear gloves and mentions that she can't touch people or she will hurt them.
She always wears gloves and gives warning. In every medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
Or even the disgusted look she receives from Pyro after putting out the lawn fires.
That's Pyro's problem, but not Rogue's. She takes off her gloves in order to save lives and shows no remorse about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
I sure didn't see a confident Rogue wanting to go into battle...unlike Iceman asking about costumes.
Rogue is the one to ask for uniforms. Not Iceman. Iceman only chimes in after Rogue.

Rogue: "Why don't we get uniforms?"
Iceman: "Yeah, where's ours?"

. . . and Rogue is all but ready to kick Magneto's a** in the X-Jet (by herself no less). She rips off her glove and has to be held back by Iceman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
Rogue's character ended the way Singer would have had it. I just don't understand the constant Ratner bashing for doing this with her character.
I don't know how the previous creative team would have ended it. If the cure was present, she certainly would have struggled with it. I don't think Ratner should be bashed for anything writing related either. He didn't have much say, as the script was all but complete when he came into the game as late as he did.


Last edited by BMM; 08-21-2006 at 01:54 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 AM   #54
FireandIce213
Side-Kick
 
FireandIce213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 565
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
Fan stuff was left out of all 3 movies...look it up. QUIT MAKING FANBOY B****ING THREADS!!!

No Lady Deathstike-Wolverine relation in X2
No Sabretooth-Wolverine relation in X1
No 5 foot Wolverine
No Southern belle accented Rogue saying "Suga"
yeah...I can do it too...
Ur right about all except one...There was a hint of a past with Sabretooth- hence the dogtag situation. Why else would Victor Creed want Logan's dogtags, as a souvenir? Or for some new jewelry to go with his furcoat?

FireandIce213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:22 AM   #55
britrogue
Side-Kick
 
britrogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calm Lands Arena
Posts: 6,164
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Where Juggernaut is concerned, I'm glad that they decided to make him into a mutant, as the magical stone bit is a LITTLE too hard to explain. But I would have liked to see some interaction between him and Charles.

__________________
Gods Among Insects - The Official Pyro Fanclub.
Britrogue - Southern Belle
You don't have to see what I turned out to be

Top rated song of the week
I Walk Alone - Tarja Turunen
britrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:29 AM   #56
Neto Magnus
Banned User
 
Neto Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dirty Jerz
Posts: 5,125
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrogue
Where Juggernaut is concerned, I'm glad that they decided to make him into a mutant, as the magical stone bit is a LITTLE too hard to explain. But I would have liked to see some interaction between him and Charles.
I know, they coulda at least say hello when they were at Jean's house.

Neto Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:00 AM   #57
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,231
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

lol "hello brute"

"hello clean cut man with a suit"!



In the films i dont think these two have a damn thing in common lol

XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #58
ntcrawler
Side-Kick
 
ntcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the near future
Posts: 2,557
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM
I never found this to be a sign of self-loathing or her hating her powers anymore than she does in the comics with Gambit or anyone else. She's all for kissing Bobby, and when he gives her the go-ahead, she jumps right in. She says she's sorry afterwards in case he is uncomfortable.
Losing themselves in the passion of the moment. Going too fast. It's what gambitefire referred to previously as "baby steps, sugah".

Quote:
She always wears gloves and gives warning. In every medium.
Exactly. It's more of a warning to people and for safety than because she considers herself a monster and hates herself.

Quote:
That's Pyro's problem, but not Rogue's. She takes off her gloves in order to save lives and shows no remorse about it.
And she does a pretty kick-ass job of neutralizing him and bringing the situation under control. If Pyro doesn't like that, then yeah, it's his problem. Besides, he's the one who starting shooting deadly fireballs at the cops.

Quote:
. . . and Rogue is all but ready to kick Magneto's a** in the X-Jet (by herself no less). She rips off her glove and has to be held back by Iceman.
So we're building up to a confident, more enthusiastic, and comfortable Rogue. We're climbing a hill of char development. And in X3 Rogue goes over a cliff and falls down.

Quote:
I don't know how the previous creative team would have ended it. If the cure was present, she certainly would have struggled with it.
They key word here is "struggle". Show the conflicts, show the debates, show her teammates and friends reaching out to her and having her reconsider or consider her place among her friends and teammates and the fact that she indeed managed to save the day a few times using her powers. Or to even doubt whether the cure is safe and effective and whether or not it has side effects. Instead Rogue's reaction is more akin to "there's a cure? YAY!!! I'm going!". So much for conflict...

__________________
He'd never believed in life after death until Jean had died, and he still wasn't sure what he believed, but he believed in something. Maybe he just believed in her.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #59
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,042
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireandIce213
Ur right about all except one...There was a hint of a past with Sabretooth- hence the dogtag situation. Why else would Victor Creed want Logan's dogtags, as a souvenir? Or for some new jewelry to go with his furcoat?
Sabretooth could have grabbed those dog tags for any reason...we fans know why but the casual audience doesn't. Had they mentioned or pointed that fact out as to why Sabretooth would want Wolverine's dog tags so bad, it would have helped. Hell...it could be a souvenier for beating the s*** out of Logan their first go around....we don't know and neither does the casual viewing audience. I would have been more satisfied had we seen Victor comparing Logan's dog tags with his own. That would have been a simple and easy scene and added tons of more depth to Sabretooth's character and his relationship with Logan and their comparable past. I am just sick and tired of all these lame a** threads that complainers start up to bash a decent movie that didn't contain everything they wanted in it.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #60
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Sorry but i'm with bigtank3938 on this one, X3 was crap, and a lot of those thing would have made it better, it didn't need to be exactly rigged to the comics, but surely something better could have been produced?
Angel was definately boring in it, the whole jean storyline was awful, jugganaught, 'i need a pee', not exactly the words of an unstoppable killing machine?

I'm not saying it HAS to be like the comics, but if they'd kept to them in this movie it would have been better, fair enough they have young X-men, which is like stan lee first had them, but OMG, kids saving the world? In the universe created by the previous films this was cringing.

Theworst assembled X-men team imaginable! And as for the badguys, callisto was a morlock originally(and a terrible actress played her!), and arkright, WHY? not to mention mr spine-face. This film, especially measured against it's two predecessors, is......well terrible!

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #61
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,042
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler
They key word here is "struggle". Show the conflicts, show the debates, show her teammates and friends reaching out to her and having her reconsider or consider her place among her friends and teammates and the fact that she indeed managed to save the day a few times using her powers. Or to even doubt whether the cure is safe and effective and whether or not it has side effects. Instead Rogue's reaction is more akin to "there's a cure? YAY!!! I'm going!". So much for conflict...
Movieverse Rogue sees her powers as a disease...a curse that she does not want to have. Storm sees their powers as a gift and should be used in confidence and for the good of everyone, hence the Beast and Storm quarrel. If you had an uncurable disease that only hurt others....wouldn't you want a cure??? Rogue can never touch people in fear of killing them. Do you think that person is going to embrace their bittersweet powers and use them how they see fit...no. She can never have kids, she can never be passionate, she can never truly love someone with that curse. Her powers nearly killed millions in X1, her powers nearly killed her first boyfriend, her powers brought terror to the X-Men and Wolverine, her powers nearly killed Wolverine, her powers harmed Bobby, etc....and a little bit of each of them haunts her thoughts. What do you think Rogue would have done if she accidentally killed someone??? She didn't want to take that chance.

I was kind of mad that they didn't show more concern for Rogue...especially Charles. I know the Phoenix was loose and Magneto was terrorizing s*** but Rogue has been there with the team and been a student there for a while. Storm and Charles should have consoled Rogue or even had a meeting with their students about the breaking news of a cure. But I believe her getting the cure ended her movie arc they was it was meant to and was started and continued in X1 and X2. She should have at least a battle scene where she hurt of killed a bad guy or wounded a team mate with her powers...to make her not want those powers even more...not just so she could f*** Bobby.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #62
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

what I don't get is: WHY TAKE ROGUE INTO THE DANGER ROOM TO TRAIN????
It's not as if she's gonna do much in a battlefield, especially against sentinels!!!!

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #63
Nibune
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 317
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Iceman riding Iceslide
Actual Phoenix
Rogue as a fighter
Angel having larger role in grand scheme since dad ran cure
Colossus coulda jumped in front of Juggs to slow him down before he got in building, maybe protecting Kitty in a discreet way

Just a not on making Gambit replace Angel, frankly Angel was an ORIGINAL, i'd be heartbroken if an original wasn't portrayed after 3 films...

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #64
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,231
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter

I was kind of mad that they didn't show more concern for Rogue...especially Charles.
It seemed to me that he was thinking whatever she wishes to do is her decision. Storm was the one who was staunchly opposed to the cure. Xavier was more like

"Is it true can they cure us?"

"Yes rogue it appears to be true." (if you choose to call it such then thats your choice and i cant stop you)

XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #65
FireandIce213
Side-Kick
 
FireandIce213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 565
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrusbales
Sorry but i'm with bigtank3938 on this one, X3 was crap, and a lot of those thing would have made it better, it didn't need to be exactly rigged to the comics, but surely something better could have been produced?
Angel was definately boring in it, the whole jean storyline was awful, jugganaught, 'i need a pee', not exactly the words of an unstoppable killing machine?

I'm not saying it HAS to be like the comics, but if they'd kept to them in this movie it would have been better, fair enough they have young X-men, which is like stan lee first had them, but OMG, kids saving the world? In the universe created by the previous films this was cringing.

Theworst assembled X-men team imaginable! And as for the badguys, callisto was a morlock originally(and a terrible actress played her!), and arkright, WHY? not to mention mr spine-face. This film, especially measured against it's two predecessors, is......well terrible!
Movie callisto may not have been the character you knew in the comics, but Dania Ramirez wasnt terrible at all. I think your opinion just comes from the fact that they completely reinvented the character and made her a sexy, seductive looking woman instead of the character she was in the comics. But she still provided that toughness and presence that a character like her was meant to have. I look at it as them making a whole new character but with the name Callisto. I liked her in the movie she was very beautiful too

FireandIce213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #66
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireandIce213
Movie callisto may not have been the character you knew in the comics, but Dania Ramirez wasnt terrible at all. I think your opinion just comes from the fact that they completely reinvented the character and made her a sexy, seductive looking woman instead of the character she was in the comics. But she still provided that toughness and presence that a character like her was meant to have. I look at it as them making a whole new character but with the name Callisto. I liked her in the movie she was very beautiful too
How exactly was she good in the film? Her acting was on a par with halle Berry in Catwoman! The flat line delivery like a bad 80's horror film or second rate computer game, fair enough she had a crap script to deal with, but PLEASE, talk about 2-dimensional!

And another thought, if she moved so fast, why did she keep stopping in mid run to have a look at where storm was? Surely she could have just ran all the way?

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #67
Aeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fan stuff left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms Hair
Angel was a hot tamale!
Haha, you are my hero for saying that! I <3 Angel!

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.