The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-25-2006, 12:39 AM   #26
Mdizzle
Je suis ici.

Default Re: A Ray of Hope?(... for X4)

lol, "you can tell by looking at them". I trust Singer tho, he makes a good movie. Even though ppl didn't really like SR, still enjoyed it.

"This is Tom Tucker......'s evil twin, Todd Tucker, out to ruin his brother's reputation. Ha ha ha!"
Mdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:56 AM   #27
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

Old 08-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #28
Mdizzle
Je suis ici.

hahah, yeah i actually did. The bf fell asleep during one of the action sequences tho, lol.

"This is Tom Tucker......'s evil twin, Todd Tucker, out to ruin his brother's reputation. Ha ha ha!"
Old 08-25-2006, 01:20 AM   #29
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ones
X-men can work without Wolverine.
And Wolverine can work without the X-Men.
I donīt see any possibilties of a X4 without Wolverine. Now, a "Young X-Men" movie could work quite well, with Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Angel, Leech, Kitty, etc, and maybe a cameo from Storm and Beast. Not a movie I would be dying to watch, but it could be an interesting project.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:22 AM   #30
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe
And Wolverine can work without the X-Men.
I donīt see any possibilties of a X4 without Wolverine. Now, a "Young X-Men" movie could work quite well, with Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Angel, Leech, Kitty, etc, and maybe a cameo from Storm and Beast. Not a movie I would be dying to watch, but it could be an interesting project.
[/quote]

The X-kids need some sort of guidance from the drinking-age adults. I can't imagine a movie where it's just them, and they go off to fight a bit enemy, risking their lives. I can't imagine any reasonable leader sending them into battle without adult supervision, or into the field for reconaissance. In one form or another, you need the adult X-men around them. Besides, they're supposed to be going to school. In between all the combat, they still have math and history tests to study for.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:28 AM   #31
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdizzle
lol, "you can tell by looking at them". I trust Singer tho, he makes a good movie. Even though ppl didn't really like SR, still enjoyed it.
I liked it too. It was't perfect, and I understand it had its limitations. But I suppose the fact that 1/2 the cast isn't dead or eliminated and you know there will be more movies makes up for it, because they at least have a chance to make things better.

I trust Singer as well. He has a thoughtful, intelligent style. He's good at setting up symbolism (the lecture about persecution of early Chirstians in X1, the tv documentary about the baby rats being helpless in the nest when the momma rat is away just before the mansion invasion), and knows how to make his scenes breath and have that element of magic.

And those pictures of him operating Cerebro were intelligently... geeky

But it's hard to beat Raimi or Jackson. Jackson, who insists on wearing shorts and growing a lazy-man's beard during filming of LOTR and taking over his family's kitchen and oven to make his early monster films, and Raimi who still has his 1972 Oldsmobile which he inserts into every movie he makes and keeps a stash of comics in the trunk... that's pretty geeky too. People like that are fun to have around to make movies

Old 08-25-2006, 01:40 AM   #32
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

I wasnīt thinking about battles. At least not real, dangerous battles. The film could tell a story similar to "Academy X" - teams, simulated battles, teenage angst...those kind of things. And maybe they could ressurect Scott and bring on Emma for them to take care of the X-brats!

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:08 AM   #33
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe
I wasnīt thinking about battles. At least not real, dangerous battles. The film could tell a story similar to "Academy X" - teams, simulated battles, teenage angst...those kind of things. And maybe they could ressurect Scott and bring on Emma for them to take care of the X-brats!
That would actually be fun. But yeah, that was my point. You can't totally eliminate the adults from this story. There's gotta be some training and supervision for them, and no way they could be willingly thrown into a battle to save the world. The only way I could see them doing major combat without their teachers is if it was unintentional. Such as a trip to a giant mall for shopping which goes horribly wrong when they run into Brotherhood members or something.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #34
Mdizzle
Je suis ici.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler
I liked it too. It was't perfect, and I understand it had its limitations. But I suppose the fact that 1/2 the cast isn't dead or eliminated and you know there will be more movies makes up for it, because they at least have a chance to make things better.

I trust Singer as well. He has a thoughtful, intelligent style. He's good at setting up symbolism (the lecture about persecution of early Chirstians in X1, the tv documentary about the baby rats being helpless in the nest when the momma rat is away just before the mansion invasion), and knows how to make his scenes breath and have that element of magic.

And those pictures of him operating Cerebro were intelligently... geeky

But it's hard to beat Raimi or Jackson. Jackson, who insists on wearing shorts and growing a lazy-man's beard during filming of LOTR and taking over his family's kitchen and oven to make his early monster films, and Raimi who still has his 1972 Oldsmobile which he inserts into every movie he makes and keeps a stash of comics in the trunk... that's pretty geeky too. People like that are fun to have around to make movies
exactly. At least with these guys behind the reel, you're assured enough dedication to the film and having the stories and plots fall very closely towards accuracy, in terms of what we know from the comics, books, and such. I agree, Singer definitely had a more sensitive approach to the movies, even Bobby's struggle with telling his parents in X2 could be comparable to someone coming out. Pyro's brooding and coming to terms with himself, the loathing, and sense of not belonging was also very well done and subtle too, if anything.