The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #276
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: Gabe has confirmed a new PC/Console being made by Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Is anyone here buying one of these? I haven't heard much about them for a while.
Steam Controller, Link, or Boxes? I was going to buy the controller, but opted for the Xbox One controller instead. I tried it out and it felt great in the hand, but had to keep in mind that you had to make your own configurations with it for many games at the time. I may get it in the future when they do a refresh (matte body with textured touchpads please). I don't believe I have a fast enough internet connection for the Link. I opted it would be cheaper to build my own Steam box and put Windows or Steam OS on it because the ones that have halfway decent specs were overpriced.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #277
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
If Valve is getting in the hardware business, why not make software for that hardware? Like a new Half-Life game that was announced 10 years ago?
I was always gonna buy the controller but I wanted the price to come down abit I'll be picking it up some time later. Imight wantto buy it with the steam link too . or I might do what Libida is doing. But I will be getting it. as to the games .....

Last edited by zenith16; 06-03-2016 at 09:38 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #278
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Steam Controller, Link, or Boxes? I was going to buy the controller, but opted for the Xbox One controller instead. I tried it out and it felt great in the hand, but had to keep in mind that you had to make your own configurations with it for many games at the time. I may get it in the future when they do a refresh (matte body with textured touchpads please). I don't believe I have a fast enough internet connection for the Link. I opted it would be cheaper to build my own Steam box and put Windows or Steam OS on it because the ones that have halfway decent specs were overpriced.
I was asking about the box(es). Seemed like they might have been competition for consoles in the early days of being announced but haven't heard much more about them since. The link thing isn't for me but the controller might be of interest if I hear good things about it.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #279
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was asking about the box(es). Seemed like they might have been competition for consoles in the early days of being announced but haven't heard much more about them since. The link thing isn't for me but the controller might be of interest if I hear good things about it.
the steam link is of some interest to me (so far). there other's that still haven't been put out on the market yet though. and I don't know they might be better. but til we hear more about them and their price.....

Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 PM   #280
Iceman
Infinity War!

My gaming pc will always be hooked up to a large TV or projector anyway so I won't need the link. I don't even have a monitor for it.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #281
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
My gaming pc will always be hooked up to a large TV or projector anyway so I won't need the link. I don't even have a monitor for it.
I might only use the link if I don't want us my pc access for it. and for those(buddies of mine) that don't want use my pc if they want to have couch experience which is what these are supposed to represent any ways

Old 06-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #282
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Well like a said they're overpriced for the performance they offer. Consumers are better off building their own rig for less money with similar performance.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #283
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Well like a said they're overpriced for the performance they offer. Consumers are better off building their own rig for less money with similar performance.
Thanks. I think I'm going to focus on gradually upgrading my gaming pc too.

Would like to hear opinions from anyone that does get the box though.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #284
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

There are some reviews on YouTube. LinusTechTips and other tech reviewers have reviewed some, primarily the Alienware Alpha.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #285
zenith16
Side-Kick

Steam Controller update will let you bind actions to double and long presses on buttons

22 hours ago

A new update has been released for Steam Controllers on the Steam Beta Client, introducing 'Activators', a new functionality that allows you to...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

Old 07-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #286
zenith16
Side-Kick

Alienware Steam Machine Falls to $375 Until Next Week. July 29, 2016 . 7:00pm

Console alternative? Alienware Steam Machine falls to $375 for the mid-range Core i5 unit. PC Gaming Summer Sales marches on with cheap Valkyria Chronicles and Resident Evil titles.
3 comments Read >
Quote:

When you think of an Alienware PC, images of an overpriced beast of a PC desktop probably fills your head. It’s the complete opposite with the Alienware Steam Machine (and its predecessor the Alienware Alpha).

Compact and light, it’s smaller than PS4 and now priced about what a PS4/Xbox used to cost on release: only $375 after coupon. This is a huge drop for the Core i5 mid-model Alienware Steam Machine at Dell. Originally, this gaming rig was listed at $650 earlier this year.

The deal on Alienware’s Steam Machine is valid as of writing through August 4th. Make sure during checkout you sign up for Dell’s Advantage Rewards program for extra perks. For the price of giving them your email address, you’ll get free two business day shipping (otherwise a $15 purchase) plus 5% back in reward points value.

If you need games to go along with your Alienware Steam Machine, there’s deals aplenty this week. The GMG 2016 PC Gaming Summer Sale has entered phase 6 of its sale. Starting earlier today at GMG we’re seeing a ton of deals on Resident Evil titles, including a new low on the Resident Evil Deluxe Origins Bundle. Another sale going on this week is the WinGameStore SEGA Summer Sale with $4.74 Valkyria Chronicles.

Note that the Steam Machine comes with SteamOS (in lieu of Windows), so your gaming pick will depend on titles that are compatible with the SteamOS/Linux platform (you can of course pick up an OEM copy of Windows 8 and just plop it into the system). Shipping is free and it of course comes with Valve’s Steam Controller.

Game deals brought to you by the crew at Dealzon. Disclaimer: sales from certain retailer help support Siliconera.

Read more stories about Alienware & PC on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

More details in the articles it's self.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #287
zenith16
Side-Kick

Valve doubling office space to make room for more hats, presumably

11 hours ago
comments 1

Valve's hallowed offices in the Seattle suburb of Bellevue, Washington will soon be vacant as the gaming giant ups sticks and heads across town to...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

Old 09-07-2016, 12:20 AM   #288
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Alienware apparently released the second iteration to the Alienware Alpha/Steam Machine with a GTX 960 desktop graphics.

Alienware Alpha R2