The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 02-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #351
morningmimosa
Banned User

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Something to consider. This fight is cut for the trailer, who knows how it is edited. He might be doing even more during the fight than it seems like he is. He might be faster.
He comes through the floor with the grapnel gun while pulling one of the goons down, then he uses his smoke pellets (as seen in 1:44) before he gets down ... for the main party.

morningmimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #352
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningmimosa View Post
He comes through the floor with the grapnel gun while pulling one of the goons down, then he uses his smoke pellets (as seen in 1:44) before he gets down ... for the main party.
He throws two gun jammers at guns. Not sure about the smoke pellet, could be just the dust from destroyed floor.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #353
morningmimosa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerWolf View Post
He throws two gun jammers at guns. Not sure about the smoke pellet, could be just the dust from destroyed floor.
Oh yeah, I thought that were smoke pellets, but you're right. I see it now.
Finally there is a reason for them to not actually using their guns on him .......

I feel like I just summoned jmc.

morningmimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #354
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #355
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Its safe to say Snyder and his team nailed Batman's fighting style. Holy ****.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #356
Sawyer
High King

Hnnnnngh

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #357
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Hnnnnngh
Where da hell is BN?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #358
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Where da hell is BN?
Died of joy

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #359
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

alright so I'm a Marvel guy through and through but I've always loved Batman, BTAS and the old movies always had him as my favorite DC character but I was still super hesitant with this movie...

...but seeing Batman fight the way he did in the trailer, straight up from the Arkham games which I LOVE, is worth the price of admission. If anything, I much rather see this Batman's own solo series moving forward because that fight choreography was intense.

I'll watch this in theaters just for Batman.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #360
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

I dunno man, I'm skeptical. Bale's Bats atleast could knock down baddies without even touching them.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:57 PM   #361
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

what was the deal with that shot of Batman looking down with a bunch of thugs shooting guns? I couldnt make it out. What were they shooting at?

Old 02-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #362
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
I dunno man, I'm skeptical. Bale's Bats atleast could knock down baddies without even touching them.
You... you mean Batfleck actually has to.... hit them!?!?!?!

Old 02-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #363
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Good point. I miss the telepathic powers Bale used against the stuntmen.

Aziz
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #364
TDKR1977
Batfreak

He literally gave the first thug a Rock Bottom.

And it was glorious!

TDKR1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #365
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKR1977 View Post
He literally gave the first thug a Rock Bottom.

And it was glorious!
I thought the same thing! right when i saw that i kept saying "if you smell what the bat is cooking" lol

Old 02-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #366
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

The fight scene is Watchmen meets The Raid.

It's hard to follow at times, not because the camera is being Bourne sequeley, but because Batman's that FAST. I wonder what his "prime" was Bruce Lee?

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #367
nightwing06
Side-Kick

The way he slammed that thug on the floor it's the
kind of slam that stops people from even thinking about fighting anyone again

nightwing06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #368
superkong 500
Side-Kick

I wonder how much of that fight we haven't seen? At first I though well that has to be all of it. But then After hearing Alfred saying there are two dozen men we have probably seen half of it. I wanna see bats knocking one thug with a roundhouse kick and another with a knee to the face.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #369
TX85
Banned User

So f'n glorious! The slam on the crate and slam on the floor was Bat Raid.

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:08 PM   #370
Guts
My love for you

Quote:

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #371
Mr Rogers
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
what was the deal with that shot of Batman looking down with a bunch of thugs shooting guns? I couldnt make it out. What were they shooting at?
They weren't shooting. Those sparks were from Batman disabling their guns from above. You can see him holding some kind of tech device in his left hand.

And then he aims his grapnel gun at one of them with his right hand before it cuts to another scene.

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #372
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The fighting shown thus far looks great.

I'm already hoping we see the rest of the Bat family at some point with everyone having different style to match their characters.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #373
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

I started this thread a couple of years ago, with hopeful optimism.

But now I can say I'm totally psyched - looks like Snyder has totally delivered
on a brutal and effective fighting style for the Dark Knight.

Brilliant that Bats even moves like Miller's Dark Knight (from Dark Knight Returns).

Q: What should Batman's fighting style be like ?

A: Just like THAT !

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #374
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Snyder played too much of Arkham. I know that feeling And good thing he did cause that's all I ever wanted from Batman fighting thugs. Now I want standalone Batman movie

Neno_Kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #375
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Good point. I miss the telepathic powers Bale used against the stuntmen.

Seriously. Batman just force pushes some of Bane's thugs

After watching Synder's batman move, Nolan's feels slow. Maybe too realistic. No flash.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote