The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #651
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 83

I love Spidey was pinned down by Electro, and was like "You gonna give up now"? Classic Spidey.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #652
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I love Spider-Man's line during the power plant fight just after he slammed Electro into the ground and caused that electric shockwave.

"Come on Spidey, it's just your muscles, and your bones, and your organs...ugh."

Old 08-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #653
Em Dee
Chasing Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I love Spider-Man's line during the power plant fight just after he slammed Electro into the ground and caused that electric shockwave.

"Come on Spidey, it's just your muscles, and your bones, and your organs...ugh."
USM game reference

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8.2/10
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 7.7/10
ROBOCOP 6.3/10
RIDE ALONG 6/10
Old 08-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #654
I Am The Knight
Infinity

They nailed Spidey's personality

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #655
k1dn1nj4
Side-Kick

Cross-post from the BluRay thread:

Okay, so I got an early copy of the Blu-Ray and I'm watching the movie with the producers commentary. Apparently they cut out a scene (not included in the deleted scenes btw) of a flashback of Peter and Harry as kids. It was at the wake of Peter's parents and he's left alone with no one to really talk to in a room full of grownups, so he goes to his dad's study, and Harry comes in and joins him. The two have a conversation about how they're always snooping around in their dad's labs and fascinated with their dad's work, and then play a game of chess together. The scene ends with the camera panning over to the doorway, with Norman Osborn watching them from a distance.

I can understand why they felt that they needed to cut that because the same sentiment is told from the character's conversations and they needed to make a more condensed movie for time, but holy ****, you really should've cut something else. That scene would have added so much more realism to the conceit that Harry and Peter were childhood friends. You would've actually seen it instead of just being told about it. The thematic similarity between them would have been more focused, with them, even as kids, being defined by their fathers, and really, their father's legacies catching up to them and defining their transformations. Them playing chess would've showed that they were each other's equals intellectually in a symbolic way. And Norman watching from the shadows would've further hinted at him as the mastermind figure pulling the strings, setting this whole thing in motion. My god. I mean, like I said, I can see why they *thought* that the scene wouldn't have added anything, but they were wrong.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #656
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
They nailed Spidey's personality
How'd you rate the movie?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #657
Em Dee
Chasing Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dn1nj4 View Post

Okay, so I got an early copy of the Blu-Ray and I'm watching the movie with the producers commentary. Apparently they cut out a scene (not included in the deleted scenes btw) of a flashback of Peter and Harry as kids. It was at the wake of Peter's parents and he's left alone with no one to really talk to in a room full of grownups, so he goes to his dad's study, and Harry comes in and joins him. The two have a conversation about how they're always snooping around in their dad's labs and fascinated with their dad's work, and then play a game of chess together. The scene ends with the camera panning over to the doorway, with Norman Osborn watching them from a distance.

I can understand why they felt that they needed to cut that because the same sentiment is told from the character's conversations and they needed to make a more condensed movie for time, but holy ****, you really should've cut something else. That scene would have added so much more realism to the conceit that Harry and Peter were childhood friends. You would've actually seen it instead of just being told about it. The thematic similarity between them would have been more focused, with them, even as kids, being defined by their fathers, and really, their father's legacies catching up to them and defining their transformations. Them playing chess would've showed that they were each other's equals intellectually in a symbolic way. And Norman watching from the shadows would've further hinted at him as the mastermind figure pulling the strings, setting this whole thing in motion. My god. I mean, like I said, I can see why they *thought* that the scene wouldn't have added anything, but they were wrong.
Are you serious?!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8.2/10
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 7.7/10
ROBOCOP 6.3/10
RIDE ALONG 6/10
Old 08-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #658
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
How'd you rate the movie?
Gee, that's a tough one. I've only seen the film once, and I know I really feel like I need to see it again to provide a definitive score. See how it holds up for me. As of now I'd give it an 8. I really do get why the movie got lambasted, but some of the things people hated I actually loved

Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #659
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gee, that's a tough one. I've only seen the film once, and I know I really feel like I need to see it again to provide a definitive score. See how it holds up for me. As of now I'd give it an 8. I really do get why the movie got lambasted, but some of the things people hated I actually loved
Oh, wow. Didn't know you enjoyed it that much. Yeah, should definitely see it more times.

It was a mere 6.5/10, my first viewing. My 2nd viewing; 7.8/10. 3rd; 8.5/10. My 4th; 8.7/10. My 5th, though; 6.0/10.

I'm pretty sure my 5th viewing sucked because I was feeling a little down. I'm confident that I'll be able to enjoy the movie more in the future.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #660
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Oh, wow. Didn't know you enjoyed it that much. Yeah, should definitely see it more times.

It was a mere 6.5/10, my first viewing. My 2nd viewing; 7.8/10. 3rd; 8.5/10. My 4th; 8.7/10. My 5th, though; 6.0/10.

I'm pretty sure my 5th viewing sucked because I was feeling a little down. I'm confident that I'll be able to enjoy the movie more in the future.
Heh, that's a lot of scores.

Yeah I did enjoy it a lot, but I had no expectations after the reviews. That's another reason why I think I need to see it again, hopefully I won't hate it.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #661
SpideyK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Heh, that's a lot of scores.

Yeah I did enjoy it a lot, but I had no expectations after the reviews. That's another reason why I think I need to see it again, hopefully I won't hate it.
Hah, yeah, it is.

You should see it again, the digital version is out.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #662
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Hah, yeah, it is.

You should see it again, the digital version is out.
I see. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray though

Old 08-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #663
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

Quote:

Yes yes! Frickin' nailed it.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #664
blake c
Pokemon Master

Quote:

We needed this. People complain about not enough character development, and that really woulda helped it. They shouldn't of cut the scene with Max Dillon's mom either.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #665
blake c
Pokemon Master

Spidey really was perfect. I thought i was going to shed a tear watching the first time haha This movie always puts me in such a good mood

Old 08-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #666
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Quote:

askjsjalksj. Uggghh....

Quote:

Yes! Loved that line & the way AG delivered it.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #667
W/ Great Power
Uncle Ben

Quote:

Speechless....just speechless....

Old 08-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #668
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Come on guys, it's easy to understand why a scene like that was cut, does it really need to be in the movie is what you should be asking yourselves.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #669
k1dn1nj4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Dee View Post
Are you serious?!

Haha. Hundred percent serious man.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #670
k1dn1nj4
Side-Kick

Also, I'm still watching the producer's commentary and apparently in the original script (as well as actually filmed in some capacity) they went into a little more backstory with the Goblin suit.

"The suit had to actually have some logical bearing. The suit was designed to heal people in warfield injury, and then fly them out to safety (which is why it had the glider component). So while you know, it was an awesome piece of armour, it served a function to somebody that actually needed it, and then powered them, literally. Giving it a practical purpose so it suddenly felt that it validated the whole idea of, you know, we needed it grounded in something. Before it was William Defoe in a mask which was a very different approach."

That would've been so cool mentioned in the movie. It's like they went through the effort to make the thing grounded in reality and to have a purpose, and then to only hint at that vaguely in the final cut. (I actually liked the movie btw, but wow, the things that could've been in it)

Old 08-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #671
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Watching the deleted scenes...wow they really are making the new Batman and Robin. I am dying of laughter.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #672
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Momma dillion was painful to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #673
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Okay, watched all deleted scenes (available online) & it's a shame, a lot of them are quite good, some of them are extended.

The alternate ending we've seen (although now in HD quality) & I really dig it, I thought it sounded stupid at first but it's a really well executed scene, some have said it'd detract from Gwen's death if it were in the movie, but I'm not entirely sure about that, maybe, maybe not, I wonder if even though it was cut, it means that Richard Parker is still alive in the TASM verse and we might see him in TASM3.

There are two great deleted scenes most of all: Peter going to Oscorp and seeing the exosuit live on some guy & Harry explaining to him the technology, right after that, Harry tells him he's dying and thinks he can help him with the cure and it all leads to that scene in the trailer where he says Norman has been watching Peter, his aunt & uncle for years.

It probably wouldn't work in the theatrical cut as it is or some things would need to be retooled but it's a shame it's not in.

The other great one is extended Harry transformation into the GG, it's much more graphic & cool & after that, we see him causing destruction at Oscorp & then him flying on his glider, Felicia seeing him, saying "Harry?", then Harry sees his reflection in the mirror, seems disgusted & tells her to leave. After that, we see him taking Menken on his glider, dropping him & then flying away.

The other deleted scenes are cool, I like the one leading to Peter getting to Gwen on the bridge when she's in the cab, we see Gwen going to Peter's & telling Aunt May to tell Peter she's leaving, then Peter shows up, & Aunt tells him to go after her, that she's leaving, that he loves this girl & needs to show her.

Oh yeah the deleted scene with Max & his mom is really funny actually, would have liked it in.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #674
W/ Great Power
Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
Come on guys, it's easy to understand why a scene like that was cut, does it really need to be in the movie is what you should be asking yourselves.
What's the justification for cutting that out? Other than the interest of time.

Quote:
Also, I'm still watching the producer's commentary and apparently in the original script (as well as actually filmed in some capacity) they went into a little more backstory with the Goblin suit.

"The suit had to actually have some logical bearing. The suit was designed to heal people in warfield injury, and then fly them out to safety (which is why it had the glider component). So while you know, it was an awesome piece of armour, it served a function to somebody that actually needed it, and then powered them, literally. Giving it a practical purpose so it suddenly felt that it validated the whole idea of, you know, we needed it grounded in something. Before it was William Defoe in a mask which was a very different approach."

That would've been so cool mentioned in the movie. It's like they went through the effort to make the thing grounded in reality and to have a purpose, and then to only hint at that vaguely in the final cut. (I actually liked the movie btw, but wow, the things that could've been in it)
I actually liked it a lot too.

But what you just mentioned adds more of an emotional depth to the film. Not just Peter and Harry's friendship, but also the purpose of the glider in relation to Harry's situation. Don't get me wrong, I still felt Harry's pain, it just would have been intensified.

If they added these scenes along with Harry destroying Oscorp and showed Max's mom, I think this movie would have been flawless.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #675
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Because it's not needed to show them as kids becoming friends when we are told they've been childhood friends. It kinda feels like over-exposition to me, and not sure where it would have fit in the movie.

Closed Thread