The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 12-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #451
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Default Re: The Official God of War Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
This is a super old post, but while I'm curious what they envisioned, God of War as a story stopped at the first one to me. The gameplay always remained solid, but the story after that is just 'what if' nonsense to me. The first game is perfect from a story perspective
Maybe you have finally found my issue with the series, it didn't need to be a series. I have enjoyed all the games sure, but I feel as you in regards to the story. The story in the later games are fine and fun at times, but felt unnecessary. I think it's also baffling how Kratos still seems so popular a character. I think it would of been interesting to have God of War series continue without Kratos and perhaps eventually delve into other mythologies/universes gods of war. Oh well, it wasn't what happened.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #452
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
This is a super old post, but while I'm curious what they envisioned, God of War as a story stopped at the first one to me. The gameplay always remained solid, but the story after that is just 'what if' nonsense to me. The first game is perfect from a story perspective

I totally agree.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #453
Superhero 101
DESI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Santa Monica have confirmed that they are working in a new GoW game

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...in-development
Nice Hopefully they show gameplay or at least a teaser at E3

Old 12-07-2014, 05:06 AM   #454
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I saw this news over on Blu-ray.com and I can't say I'm all that excited. Upset is more like it.

Quote:
Don't expect to be vivisecting mythological creatures any time soon. Barlog said he hoped to share more within "the next year or two" when IGN spoke to him after the panel, which means development is most likely in its early stages.
I was expecting a new God of War game on PS4 next year or by 2016 at the latest. Now they are telling us we may not even get a first look until 2015 or 2016 which means the game is probably not coming out until late 2016 or 2017. And thats if it doesn't get delayed for some reason. What has the studio been doing for the past two years?

H.E.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:12 AM   #455
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I can believe it. It seems they really had to think where they wanted to take the series, which is good imo. The last two main console games just didn't match the class of the first two.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #456
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I saw this news over on Blu-ray.com and I can't say I'm all that excited. Upset is more like it.

I was expecting a new God of War game on PS4 next year or by 2016 at the latest. Now they are telling us we may not even get a first look until 2015 or 2016 which means the game is probably not coming out until late 2016 or 2017. And thats if it doesn't get delayed for some reason. What has the studio been doing for the past two years?
they were doing that space Sci-Fi game, which got canceled earlier this year. Outside of that, they've been helping other studios with their games and directly involved with indie partners

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #457
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

I kinda hope they go the way that the first director of GoW wanted to go at the end of III. That story sounded magnificent.

"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The dark side. And the light."
CrypticOne is offline   Reply With Quote