The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #676
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It is quite the juxtaposition.

What I found hilarious about Rooney against us this weekend, is people were praising him for playing so well. As he continue did not score, even when given good chances, and he kept on dribbling into defenders.
Everton were fine last season. They then spent ****loads on players and swapped Lukaku for Rooney and are now looking ****e!

Rooney playing well nowadays means him breaking the 10mph barrier twice in one game and not getting the ball so he can't lose it.

Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #677
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #678
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
It is amazing really. So much actual racism in football. Now we are complaining about fans complimenting a player.
You should have heard Jim white on talksport he went mental at it

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #679
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
You should have heard Jim white on talksport he went mental at it
I need to see if I can find this online then. The only reason this should be stopped is if Lukaku has a problem with it imo. Though I have not seen the actual chant. I wonder how vulgar it is.

Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #680
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
I need to see if I can find this online then. The only reason this should be stopped is if Lukaku has a problem with it imo. Though I have not seen the actual chant. I wonder how vulgar it is.
See if you can he shouted down people who tried to debate him. The chant is on twitter

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #681
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
See if you can he shouted down people who tried to debate him. The chant is on twitter
Well I found the chant. It is definitely distasteful, but racist? Really? I do need to find that radio call in now.

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #682
Iceman
Infinity War!

Oh in other news, Liverpool out of the EFL Cup losing 2-0 away to Leicester.

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #683
extra skater
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Neymar is their future. I can see them doing it, even if Neymar is in the wrong.

Btw just saw that you joined the Hype recently so welcome! Hope you hang around this thread.
Agreed. However, it's important for a footballer to be not only a talent, but, if not a role model, at least a group guy, someone his teammates trust. I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but what good is an outstanding player if the rest of the team don't like him and things just don't work out? Neymar Jr. had this same problem once in Brazil, again because of a penalty kick and again in a club where he was the man, Neymar Jr. +10.

Well, if I was in a team where the best player demands the club trade one of their stars because of protagonism, I would be like... "Man, if I ever get to play very well, will this dude be jealous and ask them to transfer me?"

I've never heard of C. Ronaldo or Messi involved in these kind of ego clash.

But I like Neymar Jr. a lot, I'd like to see PSG winning a Champions League for what it's worth. I guess.

And thanks for the welcome, I like sports as much as comics.

extra skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #684
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra skater View Post
Agreed. However, it's important for a footballer to be not only a talent, but, if not a role model, at least a group guy, someone his teammates trust. I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but what good is an outstanding player if the rest of the team don't like him and things just don't work out? Neymar Jr. had this same problem once in Brazil, again because of a penalty kick and again in a club where he was the man, Neymar Jr. +10.

Well, if I was in a team where the best player demands the club trade one of their stars because of protagonism, I would be like... "Man, if I ever get to play very well, will this dude be jealous and ask them to transfer me?"

I've never heard of C. Ronaldo or Messi involved in these kind of ego clash.

But I like Neymar Jr. a lot, I'd like to see PSG winning a Champions League for what it's worth. I guess.

And thanks for the welcome, I like sports as much as comics.
I agree totally.

Ronaldo has been involved in that sort of stuff but he's been so dominant at the top and not a whippersnapper any more that I doubt Cavani would have done the same thing to him. Those 2 have been the undoubted no.1 guys at their clubs for years and no one is going to risk any funny business with them. Neymar has taken it too far as the new guy asking for an old hand to be transferred. PSG really need to get these issues sorted out or it will undermine their CL push (will probably still walk the league).

Cool. There are other sports threads in this forum too if any take your interest. Some of them need new blood to keep them going lol.