The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The New Mutants

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 03:05 AM   #576
Ryan1210
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 1

Anya is shooting another movie already btw.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:31 AM   #577
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
Well this is not Harry Potter 6. I don't remember Hp6 releasing a trailer, only to be delayed for ten months - 2 months after its trailer release.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:36 AM   #578
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well this is not Harry Potter 6. I don't remember Hp6 releasing a trailer, only to be delayed for ten months - 2 months after its trailer release.
Actually a trailer was released before the delay. At the end of the trailer it said November but then it got moved to summer 2009.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:38 AM   #579
psylockolussus
Fierce User

It was not ten months and that was Harry Potter. The New Mutants doesn't have a draw like the Harry Potter films.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:43 AM   #580
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

But it was a film moving to a significantly later date for reasons other than the quality of the movie.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 01-17-2018, 05:46 AM   #581
Drexelhand
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
But it was a film moving to a significantly later date for reasons other than the quality of the movie.
Yes but Psylockossuss really misses the original trilogy cast and can’t wait for the MCU reboot so they’re willing to ignore logic.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #582
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I am not the one ignoring the big elephant in the room. For once, maybe its time to admit that it isn't rainbows and Sunshines in the Foxverse films.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #583
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Pretty much, thanks for finding that example with HBP, didn't realize it had this big of a delay, all this goes to show that it's NECESSARILY a bad sign, it's not time to admit anything, sorry I'm going along with Sneider saying what he said. We have no idea about the extent of the reshoots, heck, we're assuming there are reshoots, and there probably will be but we don't know much of anything. So let's just wait, be patient, hope for the best, unless you're predetermined to hate on this

Old 01-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #584
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
It was not ten months and that was Harry Potter. The New Mutants doesn't have a draw like the Harry Potter films.
And no. It was nine months.

With that said, I agree with you to a large extent. New Mutants isn't Harry Potter. That is not to say that I think it is destined to be bad, it's just that for every Harry Potter 6 there are a ton of really bad movies that got moved, or bad movies that got reshoots. For every Rogue One there is a Justice League. Still, the point with Harry Potter 6 is that we don't know if New Mutants is going to fail yet, because the film did have that kind of a delay and it turned out to be very good.

--John Adams

Last edited by DACrowe; 01-17-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #585
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

The New Mutants won't fail, we don't know the production budget (which is curious, you usually can find it), but I doubt it's more than 70-80 million tops, although Steve Weintraub (Collider, one of the few who saw the CCXP footage & gave his impressions) said the action scenes looked unlike anything we've seen before.

It's smart actually from Boone, the Demon Bear run allows him to contain it in (presumably) a few locations, I doubt the whole film will take place in the facility but it not only makes it economical but also different from the rest of the stuff out there, on a more micro, character driven level

Old 01-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #586
Drexelhand
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am not the one ignoring the big elephant in the room. For once, maybe its time to admit that it isn't rainbows and Sunshines in the Foxverse films.
No, you're the one ignoring everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
The New Mutants won't fail, we don't know the production budget (which is curious, you usually can find it), but I doubt it's more than 70-80 million tops, although Steve Weintraub (Collider, one of the few who saw the CCXP footage & gave his impressions) said the action scenes looked unlike anything we've seen before.
I mean, it could still fail. The budget isn't that low and it'd need $140-160 million to succeed, which isn't an impossible directive to not hit.

Last edited by Drexelhand; 01-17-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #587
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

At the time Alan Horn claimed the Harry Potter move was to give it a free weekend in the summer. And it wasn't moved as far back as New Mutants.

- CM Punk
Old 01-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #588
psylockolussus
Fierce User

It's just comparing apples to oranges. To me, the delay feels like they might have a Suicide Squad/Jl situation that might need eXtensive reshoots to salvage the film. Was Hp6 ever in trouble? It was already a part of an ongoing film series and it wasn't aspin off.

Quote:

It's smart actually from Boone, the Demon Bear run allows him to contain it in (presumably) a few locations, I doubt the whole film will take place in the facility but it not only makes it economical but also different from the rest of the stuff out there, on a more micro, character driven level
Steve weintraub had good comments regarding X-Men Apocalypse before it got negative reviews.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #589
kevork89
Side-Kick

I agree that it’s not comparable to Harry Potter. The Harry Potter release was just for a better spot but there was no need for reshoots. I do think that pushing something back isn’t always a negative. But the two situations are very different.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #590
psylockolussus
Fierce User

In this case, its a negative. Like this was supposed to come out before Venom, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, Avengers Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Silver & Black and Aquaman. Now, its being released weeks before Captain Marvel. That doesn't sound good.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #591
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I don't think where it opens in relation to those other superhero movies really matters one way or the other, save for that if Dark Phoenix (and maybe Venom as it is also going for a more "adult" aesthetic) suck that it might dampen hype for another X and/or outside-the-box superhero movie. But coming after Aquaman, Black and Silver (which I am fairly confident will not come out in 2019), Into the Spider-Verse, Deadpool, and all the rest will have probably a negligible effect on it.

AT the end of the day, it is going to come down to the quality of the film they release, which admittedly is a big question mark at the moment.

--John Adams
Old 01-18-2018, 12:38 AM   #592
psylockolussus
Fierce User

They obviously have issues when its coming out after movies that have yet to release a trailer. Like the trailer is out, the poster is out... It was just like 15 weeks away and then they mdove it to 2019... Umm that sounds really bad

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-18-2018 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #593
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

psylock seems to have an irrational preemptive hate for The New Mutants, yikes. Give it a rest seriously, why are you still posting here when every post of yours is somehow a dig against the film? About Collider Frosty, this is his reaction on footage shown, I'm just reporting that. So what if he said positive things on Apocalypse and the film got mixed reviews?! I dug Apocalypse, fuc king sue me.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #594
Drexelhand
Side-Kick

Quote:
psylock seems to have an irrational preemptive hate for The New Mutants, yikes. Give it a rest seriously, why are you still posting here when every post of yours is somehow a dig against the film? About Collider Frosty, this is his reaction on footage shown, I'm just reporting that. So what if he said positive things on Apocalypse and the film got mixed reviews?! I dug Apocalypse, fuc king sue me.
Seems to?

Old 01-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #595
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Frosty is a pretty positive guy in regards to comic book movies. I tend to take what he has to say with a grain of salt ahead of any release.

Those of you talking about low the budget is for New Mutants... isn't this delay and the upcoming reshoots adding more money to its cost? Its probably not going to be all that cheap by the end of this.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #596
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
Frosty is a pretty positive guy in regards to comic book movies. I tend to take what he has to say with a grain of salt ahead of any release.

Those of you talking about low the budget is for New Mutants... isn't this delay and the upcoming reshoots adding more money to its cost? Its probably not going to be all that cheap by the end of this.
Should still be a "mid budget" flick by the time it releases. More $$ than that means more expectations.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 01-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #597
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Because the guy you mentioned is an unreliable in judging footage/sneak peaks. That's why and I am giving my opinion.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #598
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seems like you only want discussion skewed towards one direction.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #599
Drexelhand
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankeh View Post
Seems like you only want discussion skewed towards one direction.
More like he's trying to get it away from Psylockossus' one direction.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #600
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post

He isn't the best person to get scoops in terms of an upcoming CBM being good or not.

Closed Thread