The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #376
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Nope still calling her Skye, BUT, we did find out she went from Foster parents to Foster parents so she too grew up with no real parents
Jessica Jones dude...Jessica Jones

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #377
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I don't know, I mean the agents are denying there's a truth serum, and she did get Ward to tell her things, like Jess would do with her faramones
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You know something? I don't think she's Spider Woman, I DO think she's a Jessica though..

hear me out

What about Jessica Jones? Think about it...

the fangirl aspect of super powered people..Jones had a crush on Johnny Storm. We saw how Skye reacted to meeting Michael (I think his name was)

She was in foster care, after her parents were killed, and stared in the series Alias. We know Skye was in multiple foster care, and that Skye is an "alias"

Jones had her Alias Private Investigations thing, Skye, seems to find the backdoors, like Coulson said.

Jessica Jones' powers, aside from strength and durability, is flight. SKYE..flight...SKYE....

oh, one more thing, remember back when Marvel tried to get that show on ABC? A.K.A Jessica Jones?

Welp, there it is.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #378
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I don't know, I mean the agents are denying there's a truth serum, and she did get Ward to tell her things, like Jess would do with her faramones
Coulda been a red herring??

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #379
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

hehehe she was WEARING red yes.

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #380
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
You know something? I don't think she's Spider Woman, I DO think she's a Jessica though..

hear me out

What about Jessica Jones? Think about it...

the fangirl aspect of super powered people..Jones had a crush on Johnny Storm. We saw how Skye reacted to meeting Michael (I think his name was)

She was in foster care, after her parents were killed, and stared in the series Alias. We know Skye was in multiple foster care, and that Skye is an "alias"

Jones had her Alias Private Investigations thing, Skye, seems to find the backdoors, like Coulson said.

Jessica Jones' powers, aside from strength and durability, is flight. SKYE..flight...SKYE....

oh, one more thing, remember back when Marvel tried to get that show on ABC? A.K.A Jessica Jones?

Welp, there it is.
Your argument is compelling, sir.
Yeah, I'd be much more inclined to believe she's Jessica Jones than Jessica Drew. But I still think her powers, whatever they are, are latent, and even she isn't aware of them yet. Coulson, however, seems to sense them.

And there was that bit the other night where she talked about never really training to be a hacker, but that her computer skills were a natural talent. You don't really have a "natural talent" for computers --- almost by definition, it is a learned skill. So that in itself hints at some sort of hidden superpower within her --- maybe a cybernetic one.

Also, did she say how her parents died? I didn't catch that part.

As for the truth serum thing: I think the point there wasn't that Skye had somehow pheromone-seduced him into telling her the truth (not that there's anything wrong with that...), but rather that Ward was pointing out that they lied about it so they could get Skye to *think* he was compelled to tell her the truth.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #381
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I'd be much more inclined to believe she's Jessica Jones than Jessica Drew. But I still think her powers, whatever they are, are latent, and even she isn't aware of them yet. Coulson, however, seems to sense them.

And there was that bit the other night where she talked about never really training to be a hacker, but that her computer skills were a natural talent. You don't really have a "natural talent" for computers --- almost by definition, it is a learned skill. So that in itself hints at some sort of hidden superpower within her --- maybe a cybernetic one.

As for the truth serum thing: I think the point there wasn't that Skye had somehow pheromone-seduced him into telling her the truth (not that there's anything wrong with that...), but rather that Ward was pointing out that they lied about it so they could get Skye to *think* he was compelled to tell her the truth.
She didn't say the WERE dead. Just that she had multiple Foster Parents and almost called one woman Mom and kind of ended the conversation

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #382
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
hehehe she was WEARING red yes.
well now, aren't you clever

Quote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking

Quote:
She didn't say the WERE dead. Just that she had multiple Foster Parents and almost called one woman Mom and kind of ended the conversation

yeah. It was a cute little moment

Old 10-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #383
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

The Avengers 2 thread. Where we discuss everything else.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #384
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
well now, aren't you clever
She was WET too so I guess she could have smelled like Herring.

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #385
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The Avengers 2 thread. Where we discuss everything else.
If Skye IS Jessica Drew then it IS Avenger related. lol

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #386
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
If Skye IS Jessica Drew then it IS Avenger related. lol

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #387
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

hehehe shouldn't that be a DRAWING of straws?

Quote:

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #388
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

THERE should be news Avengers news this weekend, but more or less just the Animated show.
There was a panel for Marvel tv to be at NYC Comicon, I forgot what day

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #389
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
those fingernails!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #390
DyeLorean
will return

Random question.
Who has the rights for Angelica Jones (Firestar)? Marvel or Fox? (since she's a mutant)

Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #391
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Random question.
Who has the rights for Angelica Jones (Firestar)? Marvel or Fox? (since she's a mutant)
Probably Fox.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #392
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Random question.
Sony has her rights. Firestar first appeared in a Spiderman cartoon.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #393
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
Sony has her rights. Firestar first appeared in a Spiderman cartoon.
It's not based on first appearances. It's based on where they are most commonly known for. Rogue first appeared in Avengers. Wolverine first appeared in Hulk.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #394
DyeLorean
will return

But Ice-man was also in that show, and that is Fox's.
She belongs to the X-Men universe (even in that cartoon).

Old 10-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #395
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
For those of you who missed it
Only reason to watch that show....besides Coulson. If next week's episode doesn't pick up the pace I'm writing it off as the first f*** up of Marvel Studios.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #396
DrDoom
Dictator

that needs to be slowed down

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 10-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #397
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
It's not based on first appearances. It's based on where they are most commonly known for. Rogue first appeared in Avengers. Wolverine first appeared in Hulk.
No, it's based on whoever bought the rights, period.

There's no "comic book logic" behind which companies have the rights to which characters. *In general,* Fox owns all things Mutant from Marvel, but as the Maximoffs have shown, there's some gray areas in those legal contracts. Hell, Universal still owns Namor, off on a literal island all by himself, and that's purely because they bought the rights several years ago and never did anything with the property, and still don't know what to do with him.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #398
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
that needs to be slowed down
hehehe yeah Baywatch style right?

....to every King.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #399
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
No, it's based on whoever bought the rights, period.

There's no "comic book logic" behind which companies have the rights to which characters. *In general,* Fox owns all things Mutant from Marvel, but as the Maximoffs have shown, there's some gray areas in those legal contracts. Hell, Universal still owns Namor, off on a literal island all by himself, and that's purely because they bought the rights several years ago and never did anything with the property, and still don't know what to do with him.
Technically they own Hulk too if I recall right. Namor I'm sure could be used somewhere in the same manner. It's just the matter of would marvel even do an Invaders movie? I mean if by some chance Fox allows Jim Hammond Torch to be used it just seems to be alot of red tape so to speak

....to every King.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #400
Nathan

Slow enough?

Closed Thread