The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #276
LordofhouseEl
Banned User

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kal-Elle- View Post
I don’t think it was the suggestion of shaving his chest that people responded to, it was the suggestion that a mistake had been made by not deliberately targeting tween girls or Twi-hard types by ensuring Superman is smooth.
Fair enough maybe that comment was ridiculous but what about the hundred other times me and Slumcat have been attacked in here because we don't always fall in line with the Cavill worship. You can't make a comment without the hounds of Cavill showing teeth, some can be reasonable on occasions others are simply rabid. It's come to the point everytime I post I have to state I am not trying to offend or troll even then it does no good.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #277
slumcat
Banned User

Quote:
In slumcat's defence, I didn't really see that as a dig at Cavill or MoS - he does have a point that Cav-El need/needed to work more.

In Cavill's defence, I honestly don't think he was able to pick and choose roles before MoS and just didn't want to do some crappy movie that could go straight to DVD, which he would risk by taking what he could get. I think he wanted to see what he could get after MoS...

If he continues to do so little films now he IS Superman, then we can assume he's just a lazy ass!

Although I think he's got a really good level of fame now - anything more than what he has would surely start to get really annoying? Like now he can still go out and do whatever without being pestered when he's just doing his own thing - but he still gets loads of fans coming up to him and asking for pics etc. Any more and it starts to have a huge impact on the way you live your life.
Thanks Kal-Elle, your post restores my faith that not everybody is entirely bereft of reading ability and can actually read, understand and comprehend posts as to what they are trying to say. You actually read what I wrote and understood what it meant.

If ever you come to my defense again, I hope you do so against a saner contingent or a contingent less blinded by the inordinate devotion for something.

Anyways I find it irredeemably crass and puerile to comment on posters rather than their posts but that's just me.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #278
slumcat
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Fair enough maybe that comment was ridiculous but what about the hundred other times me and Slumcat have been attacked in here because we don't always fall in line with the Cavill worship. You can't make a comment without the hounds of Cavill showing teeth, some can be reasonable on occasions others are simply rabid. It's come to the point everytime I post I have to state I am not trying to offend or troll even then it does no good.
It is entirely preposterous. The reaction often reminds me of this.

It almost seems unhealthy to me. A public figure is bound to be discussed in a variety of ways and different lights - some will have praise, some will have reservations, some will have criticisms, some will have some tangential thoughts. But it seems like any posts not belonging to the first category are a personal offense or affront or something. Cavill's dear old mother might not be as touchy as some on here.

But what can you say. You gotta not let it get to you. There are plenty of worthy posters on here with interesting things to say. You gotta take the chaff with the rice.

And again, it is really really crass to discuss posters instead of their posts. You post a comment on Cavill - a public figure - and they will post a comment on you - who are just a poster. Its this need to get personal that seems pathetic to me.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #279
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Don't care what you find irredeemably crass and puerile slumcat. I lost all respect for you after your post about women in film.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-24-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #280
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
I don’t think it was the suggestion of shaving his chest that people responded to, it was the suggestion that a mistake had been made by not deliberately targeting tween girls or Twi-hard types by ensuring Superman is smooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Of course the suggestion of Cavill shaving his chest wasn't the reason what's his face post was called out by I SEE SPIDEY.
Well, his post on the last page, which earned "please stop.." and the poster being called a troll more than once, did not mention anything about tween girls or pleasing them, so I don't see the need to keep harping on one point he/she made.

Also, even if I don't exactly agree with his infamous post about Cavill's body hair being the reason he hasn't been as popular with the teen demographic, I don't see how that warrants him being called a troll.

It is a debatable idea, which none of you have to agree with. None of the other male superhero leads with prominent shirtless scenes have chosen to sport body hair (Evans, Hemsworth, Jackman, Amell) so maybe he does have a valid point? Whether you agree or not, I honestly do not see how he is being a troll.

Having thoughts that don't mesh with the majority of Cavill worshippers in this thread does not make one a troll. This is not the "Henry Cavill appreciation thread", as many seem to keep forgetting. It's not the end of the world if someone critiques him.

And I like his chest hair, for the record.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #281
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

And I don't care if he keeps the chest hair or not but I still found his comments asinine overall.

Also I must be a bad worshipper of Henry Cavill because I have said that I expect, like every Superman actor, that he most likely won't get on the A-list and although I like him as Superman I have never called him an amazing actor.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-24-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #282
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
It is entirely preposterous. The reaction often reminds me of this.

It almost seems unhealthy to me. A public figure is bound to be discussed in a variety of ways and different lights - some will have praise, some will have reservations, some will have criticisms, some will have some tangential thoughts. But it seems like any posts not belonging to the first category are a personal offense or affront or something. Cavill's dear old mother might not be as touchy as some on here.

But what can you say. You gotta not let it get to you. There are plenty of worthy posters on here with interesting things to say. You gotta take the chaff with the rice.

And again, it is really really crass to discuss posters instead of their posts. You post a comment on Cavill - a public figure - and they will post a comment on you - who are just a poster. Its this need to get personal that seems pathetic to me.
While I sometimes disagree with you on some things, I wholeheartedly agree with you here. This thread is like a cult being run by the same 3 or 4 posters who seem to worship Cavill.

This

Quote:
I'm surprised slumcat hasn't come in here to say that djindodbi has made a masterful point.
Is simply classless, provocative, and distasteful. Calling a specific poster out on a topic which he is not even a part of...seriously? If there was such a thing as online backbiting, this would be it. To quote Captain America "I thought the punishment came after the crime."

If you hate him so much, put him on ignore.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #283
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
And I don't care if he keeps the chest hair or not but I still found his comments asinine overall.

Also I must be a bad worshipper of Henry Cavill because I have said that I expect, like every Superman actor, that he most likely won't get on the A-list and although I like him as Superman I have never called him an amazing actor.
Look, I respect your opinions as much as I respect his. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I just don't think its okay for people to gang up on him because he feels a different way.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #284
G.Godfrey
Banned User

After reading various topics on this board I have learned that:

Henry Cavill is balding and he has too much chest hair.

Ben Affleck is fat, out of shape and eats too much pizzas.

Gal Gadot is skinny, can't act and doesn't eat enough pizzas.

Jesse Eisenberg sounds and looks like a kid.

Zack Snyder is a hack who doesn't know how to tell a story.

There is only one conclusion: This movie is doomed.

Oh, and this is for slumcat:

Long live raised eyebrows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djindodbi View Post
still balding

Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #285
Tra-El
Side-Kick

(cleanup on aisle 12!)

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #286
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
After reading various topics on this board I have learned that:

Henry Cavill is balding and he has too much chest hair.

Ben Affleck is fat, out of shape and eats too much pizzas.

Gal Gadot is skinny, can't act and doesn't eat enough pizzas.

Jesse Eisenberg sounds and looks like a kid.

Zack Snyder is a hack who doesn't know how to tell a story.

There is only one conclusion: This movie is doomed.

Oh, and this is for slumcat:

Long live raised eyebrows!

LOL, great post.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #287
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Well, his post on the last page, which earned "please stop.." and the poster being called a troll more than once, did not mention anything about tween girls or pleasing them, so I don't see the need to keep harping on one point he/she made.

Also, even if I don't exactly agree with his infamous post about Cavill's body hair being the reason he hasn't been as popular with the teen demographic, I don't see how that warrants him being called a troll.

It is a debatable idea, which none of you have to agree with. None of the other male superhero leads with prominent shirtless scenes have chosen to sport body hair (Evans, Hemsworth, Jackman, Amell) so maybe he does have a valid point? Whether you agree or not, I honestly do not see how he is being a troll.

Having thoughts that don't mesh with the majority of Cavill worshippers in this thread does not make one a troll. This is not the "Henry Cavill appreciation thread", as many seem to keep forgetting. It's not the end of the world if someone critiques him.

And I like his chest hair, for the record.
Pretty sure Jackman has always been in the chest hair club...

Old 04-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #288
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Not really, when he's in character at least.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #289
MrsKent26
Whatever.

@ hafizbat:

I just wanted to defend myself because I sense I'm one of the posters that you're calling out for being part of a cult.

About that dude who made the "bald" comment: He is actually a troll. He pops in here now and then to say only that. You'll notice I'm not offended by any of the rational ones who say he has a high hairline. Trolling is not cool and I don't feel bad calling it out. I may even report it next time. I don't think addressing him directly would do any good. He just makes the comment and leaves, as trolls do.

About the chest hair comment: I never attacked him for that.

About slumcat: I find him trollish at times too. He hates MOS and instead of talking about it like the rest of us, he uses everything as a random dig at it. It's not just about Cavill. Bodybuilding is the only thing he's positive about on this board. However, if it makes you feel better, I won't bother mentioning him again and will just ignore his posts. I haven't addressed him personally for the same reason as the other dude. I find him trollish/provocative and then he plays the innocent card.

With both the above individuals, there's a pattern of activity and that's why I don't really take them seriously. There is a difference between trolling and critiquing, which these two cross and were called out.

Lastly, this thread isn't a cult. I've had some great conversations in here with people about my frustrations about Cavill's career, etc. If you want to post something that isn't praise, do it. If it's done respectfully, I would like to think no one would attack you. Also, people might swoon a little bit, but I know that I do try to be reasonable in here. But a couple complimentary posts aren't the end of the world. Just scroll past them. I think it's nice that lots of folks like Cavill.

Anyways, I hope that post didn't come off jerkish because I just wanted to defend myself as it seemed you were talking about me as well.

Last edited by MrsKent26; 04-24-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #290
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

How's about a brand new pic from today of Cav-El as a temporary cease-fire?? Curls aplenty...

He's back in Detroit so YAY... although his hair is still brown so boooo.

Also a funny selfie from the weekend

Old 04-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #291
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
How's about a brand newpic from todayof Cav-El as a temporary cease-fire?? Curls aplenty...

He's back in Detroit so YAY... although his hair is still brown so boooo.
The first dude is bald and the second dude has hair, which means that the the first dude is Henry Cavill!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #292
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Cavill is clearly wearing a hairpiece in that photo.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #293
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
The first dude is bald and the second dude has hair, which means that the the first dude is Henry Cavill!

Perfect! Are those the glasses he will wear in MOS2 as Clark Kent? Finally, they solved a way to not mix up the Superman/Clark Kent dual identity! He looks nothing like Clark Kent or the same person whatsoever. They finally did it and found a way. Amazing.

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #294
Rowsdower!
Banned User

LOL

I remember back when Wolfgang Peterson was supposed to direct Batman vs. Superman (this was in 2002), there was a rumor that Peterson had issues with the glasses-as-a-disguise thing, so he wanted Clark to wear a wig and have Superman be bald. I'm not sure if it was true though. There was some speculation at the time that the rumor was started by a bunch of people who were lobbying for Vin Diesel to be cast as Superman.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #295
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Oh for sure. Apparently it's made out of his excess chest hair.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #296
Milkman95
Movie Extra

Quote:
LOL

I remember back when Wolfgang Peterson was supposed to direct Batman vs. Superman (this was in 2002), there was a rumor that Peterson had issues with the glasses-as-a-disguise thing, so he wanted Clark to wear a wig and have Superman be bald. I'm not sure if it was true though. There was some speculation at the time that the rumor was started by a bunch of people who were lobbying for Vin Diesel to be cast as Superman.
Colin Farrell had the Batman part and supposedly Jude Law was cast as Supes.....

Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #297
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post

Not really, when he's in character at least.
Dark scene doesn't show it as well there, granted it's no man-sweater...but he's not prone to shaving for the big screen. But we may be splitting hairs here really. the others you mentioned clearly went for a smoother look.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #298
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Milkman95- View Post
Colin Farrell had the Batman part and supposedly Jude Law was cast as Supes.....
Haha, yea. I remember that too. Those were the days...

I remember Cavill's name being floated around back then and I was actually against it simply because I felt he was too young. I also remember Brendan Fraser was still supposedly in consideration for the role.

Oh, how times have changed.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #299
Spamtron
THE MAN

Jude Law's hairline started receding by puberty, so the GA would've been all over his... just as bad as Cage's.
The hairline we got with Henry is stellar by compare, and frankly nit-pickers are nitpicking to find a flaw.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #300
ArmsHeldOut
TBD

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
You three are just what the doctor ordered for this thread of late. Well done.

As ISS would say, "you win the internet".

Closed Thread