The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #526
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This obviously isn't the logo. It's close though.
If it's close... it can't also be "obvious" that is isn't. It is reasonably close though, based on any objective measure of the original, and that's close enough. If instead you meant that it's obviously a manip and not a front on pic of the actual suit, well I knew that, obviously

Old 05-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #527
RAE072
Samhain

The only things I don't want to see in this movie taken from DKR is Superman as a government mule and a retired in ANY fashion.

Bruce was around 55 in DKR, I think had been retired for a few years prior. Affleck is only 41 and could easily play a 35 year old or less.

Just let Batman be Batman. No woman to make him "question his mission", no "my body can't take it for only less than a decade" crap.

A seasoned, in his prime Batman is exactly what needs to be shown.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #528
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

It was rather odd that Bruce clearly says in the Dark Knight that "Batman has no limits" yet it only takes Rachael's death for him to retire for almost a decade.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #529
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanao23 View Post
It was rather odd that Bruce clearly says in the Dark Knight that "Batman has no limits" yet it only takes Rachael's death for him to retire for almost a decade.
It wasn't only rachels death at all. If you actually saw TDKR you'd have known there wasn't really a need for batman anymore in Gotham, after the death of dent and the passing of the dent act which put an end to the mob rule in gotham and created a huge drop in crime overall.

Bruce only wanted to be batman for as long as he was actually needed and at that time he wasn't, or more so he was still needed as a scapegoat for Harvey.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #530
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It wasn't only rachels death at all. If you actually saw TDKR you'd have known there wasn't really a need for batman anymore in Gotham, after the death of dent and the passing of the dent act which put an end to the mob rule in gotham and created a huge drop in crime overall.

Bruce only wanted to be batman for as long as he was actually needed and at that time he wasn't, or more so he was still needed as a scapegoat for Harvey.
Just a few of the things that made me hate the Nolan trilogy.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #531
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

If only we had more villains in the trilogy

Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #532
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Quote:
one of worst batmans ever i really dont see what it's good about nolan movies (except Joker), batman would never disappear because of some girl dying, instead he would only come stronger and better with more motive to stop crime. god i hate it , i am glad we are getting reboot. batman needs some justice.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #533
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:

He was the only Batman that has ever actually won his crusade on crime.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #534
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
one of worst batmans ever i really dont see what it's good about nolan movies (except Joker), batman would never disappear because of some girl dying, instead he would only come stronger and better with more motive to stop crime. god i hate it , i am glad we are getting reboot. batman needs some justice.
Yeah, it does seem that way... but only if you insist on misreading everything in the movie.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #535
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:

Ugh.

Just...ugh.

Batman Begins was awesome, The Dark Knight was amazing, TDKR was a disappointment.

Oh well, 2/3 ain't bad.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #536
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Just a few of the things that made me hate the Nolan trilogy.
I felt the same way about those decisions.. But I still like the first two movies of Nolan's trilogy..

Old 05-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #537
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

Quote:
If only we had more villains in the trilogy
Ra's
Joker
Two-Face
Bane
Scarecrow
Catwoman
*Earle
Falcone
Maroni
*Chechen
*Lau
*Gamble
Zsasz
Talia

Is a pretty good list for three 2 1/2 films. It's also fun to note the few made-for-trilogy gangsters were pretty awesome, especially the Chechen, Earle and Lau.

Hell, we got damn great to expectations breaking renditions of Ra's, Joker, Scarecrow, and Two-Face in my opinion...

Last edited by antsman41; 05-18-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #538
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

I meant during the 8 years of his retirement.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #539
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

Outside of some minor TDKRises editing and flow issues I have, the only two things I'd fix in the trilogy are have more ramifications for Flass and have the Joker cameo (impossible, I know) in the 3rd film.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #540
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

MoS was nowhere near the TDK trilogy in terms of quality...and BvS has a LOT to prove. It's sad to see everyone already bashing the TDK trilogy, after just one picture of the new suit. If the suit was everything, TASM2 would be the best Spider-Man movie ever.

It's easy to forget that before the TDK trilogy, Batman and Robin is what we had.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #541
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I'm sort of surprised no ones made a manip of the new Bat-Suit with the classic yellow oval Bat symbol.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #542
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatScot View Post
If it's close... it can't also be "obvious" that is isn't. It is reasonably close though, based on any objective measure of the original, and that's close enough. If instead you meant that it's obviously a manip and not a front on pic of the actual suit, well I knew that, obviously
Are you serious right now?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #543
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
True enough. But you know what I mean. Does the Arkham suit seem like a reasonable sort of design that you or I would BELIEVE could stand up to an assault from a god like alien? The bulk and clunkyness of the armor in TDKReturns is a visual clue that it's meant to take a pounding, because that is what Bruce is expecting from Superman's power level.
The thing is the armor Miller went with looked like it would render Batman so immobile that Superman's speed would make the fact it could take a hit moot. Plus it was the 80's, everything was big, now things are invented to be as sturdy and functional, but much less weighty and cumbersome.

At any rate I think the AK armor looks strong but still with enough give that it will allow Batman ease of movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
You make a good point. Batman with the armor in TDKR looked like an overgrown Lego Man to be quite frank. It has its charm no doubt but in live action? Not too sure.
I think the Miller armor would look like Stark's Mark I in live action.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #544
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I'm sort of surprised no ones made a manip of the new Bat-Suit with the classic yellow oval Bat symbol.
I've seen a few, and I think they looked good, too.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #545
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Outside of some minor TDKRises editing and flow issues I have, the only two things I'd fix in the trilogy are have more ramifications for Flass and have the Joker cameo (impossible, I know) in the 3rd film.
I thought you were going to talk about the ramifications of the lie. Both the promotional posters (bane standing in front of a mob, on the tumbler, etc) and the movie (bane giving people jobs under the city, bane trying to liberate the city, etc) at first show bane as this revolutionairy that is out to liberate people, he exposes the lie, and nobody cares. Because guess what, he's a villain and he's threatening everyone with a nuke. And he doesnt even care about that anyway because he just wants to torment the city until bruce gets his back fixed.

And then you think there would be some reconciliation between batman and the city, but nobody lives there. Nobody wants to fight for it. There's just the main cast and the police force. And then this lying rich guy and the police which is on his side storm the cathedral of capitalism and money that is Wall Street and kick the revolutionairies out.

I dont know what Nolan was trying to say with that.

Anway....

Last edited by Reiter; 05-18-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #546
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The thing is the armor Miller went with looked like it would render Batman so immobile that Superman's speed would make the fact it could take a hit moot. Plus it was the 80's, everything was big, now things are invented to be as sturdy and functional, but much less weighty and cumbersome.

At any rate I think the AK armor looks strong but still with enough give that it will allow Batman ease of movement.

I think the Miller armor would look like Stark's Mark I in live action.
I think that's Arkham Knight, an Azrael type villain. I am not sure.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #547
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
I think that's Arkham Knight, an Azrael type villain. I am not sure.
It is. HR knows. He's simply saying if they decide to go the armor route, something akin to that would be more fitting.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #548
Reiter
Banned User

Oh ok, my bad!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #549
darknight7
Side-Kick

Smile Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
Speaking for myself, i think the first thing batman should have is mystery. He should be a monster hiding in the shadows. He had that in Begins. Now i know all the explanations about the mob figuring him out so he didnt need to do that anymore, but the truth is Nolan did it because of all the flack he got for his action scenes in Begins which were a result of the suit's immobility.

Whatever the in universe explanations, i dont think Batman should look tacticool anymore than Ironman should be in spandex. At the end of the day, batman is figured out in comics too, but he still continues his sharade despite everything. He's batman.
I recall there was word that Nolan would have preferred a different suit in begins. But was restricted by time. Therefore I don't think the complaints about the fight cinematography was the reason for change.

--dk7

Old 05-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #550
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
@Rorschach

Exactly- that's why it needs to be proven to be useless against Superman. If you didn't anticipate the extent of Superman's powers, dressing up in a bat-eared bomb-disposal suit to face him might seem like a good idea; but Batman, being a perceptive individual, should quickly realise the flaws in that plan.
Yeah... I'm not thrilled baout the rumours of a second "anti-Superman" suit.

On the one hand, I think Snyder is exactly the sort of guy who would have Superman and Batman have a fistfight... But on the other hand, he must be conscious of the fact that no level of armour is going to save Batman from the level of power depicted in Man of Steel.

That being so, I have to believe he has some trick up his sleeve for how this conflict plays out. Or, at least, I hope he does.

Closed Thread