The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:46 PM   #701
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I'd love for a joke in the next season of JJ of them mentioning some dorky superhero who turned down the Avengers.

I still am only slightly annoyed that the Defenders won't be in Infinity War. Though I still think like a 5-6 minute role could have worked well. It wouldn't be too distracting for General Audiences. No more than the sudden appearance of Vision.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #702
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Amazing trailer, I honestly don't need to see any more commercials.

Sidenote: Do we really have people still complaining about overt connections between the Movies and Netflix shows? Come'on folks, you know the story, it does nothing to complain about it. Both franchises exist in the same universes, but their stories aren't interacting now. Enjoy what we have.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #703
McSir
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
Sidenote: Do we really have people still complaining about overt connections between the Movies and Netflix shows? Come'on folks, you know the story, it does nothing to complain about it. Both franchises exist in the same universes, but their stories aren't interacting now. Enjoy what we have.
THANK YOU.

I don't understand peoples want for characters to be constantly intermingling. You shouldn't be going into Defenders waiting for Spider-Man to show up. Go watch the perfectly good Spider-Man movie.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:44 PM   #704
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSir View Post
THANK YOU.

I don't understand peoples want for characters to be constantly intermingling. You shouldn't be going into Defenders waiting for Spider-Man to show up. Go watch the perfectly good Spider-Man movie.
I mean, for decades, the comics have had heroes having their own adventures and even mini-crossovers. We should be used to this. Besides we know Ike and Feige are feuding and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. We're not getting an FF or X-Men in the MCU and we aren't getting cross overs between the film, TV, Netflix, Hulu and Freeform shows. Until it happens, chill and enjoy the goodness we ARE getting.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:46 PM   #705
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
I mean, for decades, the comics have had heroes having their own adventures and even mini-crossovers. We should be used to this. Besides we know Ike and Feige are feuding and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. We're not getting an FF or X-Men in the MCU and we aren't getting cross overs between the film, TV, Netflix, Hulu and Freeform shows. Until it happens, chill and enjoy the goodness we ARE getting.
He's the same guy who thinks we'll see Agents of SHIELD in IW.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 07-22-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #706
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Amazing trailer, I honestly don't need to see any more commercials.

Exactly, one of the things I love about what there doing its giving us SO much more characters than we ever could with movies alone. The defenders probably wouldn't get considered for decades and even then might be passed over for a different more spectacle property. Plus I love the idea of seeing different corners of the MCU, world's a big place not everyone meets each other.

Quote:
There's no feud. The fact we haven't seen a multimedia crossover is due to a for a whole list of other reasons. But otherwise I agree, enjoy all the amazing stuff we have instead of complaining they didn't do more.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:57 PM   #707
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
If we're asking why he's not involved in this specific story, it's because the story is focused on The Hand, which he doesn't know about (nor does he know the people who know about it).
yup and he also barely stay's in Manhattan the only reason he was linked to Manhattan inb the book and animated series had to do with his daily bugle job. he's not a camera man yet if he'll ever be. he's alos just getting into high school and the movie creators said he'll be in high school for while.

Ok got this from marvel at SDcc 2017 if this was put up already my apologies

source: https://marvel.com/sdcc2017 & Marvel Entertainment

Old 07-23-2017, 12:01 AM   #708
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post

I still am only slightly annoyed that the Defenders won't be in Infinity War. Though I still think like a 5-6 minute role could have worked well. It wouldn't be too distracting for General Audiences. No more than the sudden appearance of Vision.
lol it would have been a miracle to have added them in. but then again I want all the heroes in even the one that fox own sadly(and should freaking give back or make deal) but moving past that. . C ause that's the way it's supposed to be it's supposed to have rep's from all corners of the MU.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:53 AM   #709
TheUnknownX
Find x.

I AM EXCITED!

Old 07-23-2017, 09:54 AM   #710
babykhris
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd love for a joke in the next season of JJ of them mentioning some dorky superhero who turned down the Avengers.

What if Defenders and all the TV characters are in Avengers 4 as like the resistance. In Avengers Infinity War all they would be is cannon fodder. Maybe they are Fury's Secret Avengers

Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #711
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Complaining about a "lack of crossovers" on the thread for a miniseries that is one gigantic crossover between heroes with their own shows, strikes me as a tad bit insane. Yes, your not getting Spider-man appearing in the same "comic" as Daredevil. Instead, your getting Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and the Iron Fist.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #712
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
What if Defenders and all the TV characters are in Avengers 4 as like the resistance. In Avengers Infinity War all they would be is cannon fodder. Maybe they are Fury's Secret Avengers
I certainly believe there is enough wiggle room for this to work.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #713
javonstokess
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Then that would be awesome...but until it happens, there's no point in complaining about it not happening.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #714
pixen
Side-Kick

Another clip has been released. It features Matt in the confessional with his priest.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #715
pixen
Side-Kick

As for whether Danny will be wearing his outfit in The Defenders, Jones spoke at SDCC:

Quote:
Jones told Den Of Geek, "At the end of Iron Fist, [Danny] doesn't even know what a superhero is. So then to suddenly be interacting with these three... [They] really make him kind of wise up and come to terms with his responsibilities a lot more. From the beginning where we see Danny in Iron Fist to where he ends up in The Defenders, he has made that complete origin arc. He has shed his immature self. The idea is, in The Defenders, he has in a sense become the Iron Fist."

The conversation then turned to if we will ever see Danny put on his iconic Iron Fist costume. “The thing with all of these shows is not that we're shy to bring the costumes,” Jones says. “It's that we want them to feel authentic when it does happen. Danny's on this journey to understanding what his responsibility is. And throughout all of [Iron Fist] season 1, he was in no state of mind to put a suit on. That would've been ridiculous because he was not fully accomplished as the Iron Fist yet and he certainly didn’t have the right or the responsibility to be putting on a superhero costume. He needs to work his **** out. And certainly by the end of The Defenders, it will feel right.”

Old 07-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #716
zenith16
Side-Kick

there are two other video in the article it's self one is of the actual panel. Hit the read more link to see them , only if your interested

MovieWeb

july22 @ 1259pm

Marvel's Defenders Bring the Fight in Comic-Con Interview Videos
Marvel and Netflix let the Defenders loose on Comic-Con for one action-packed panel.

Read more

source: http://tvweb.com

Last edited by zenith16; 07-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:55 PM   #717
pixen
Side-Kick

Why not just post the actual videos and ignore the wonky post formatting that is going on up above.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #718
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
I certainly believe there is enough wiggle room for this to work.
The only thing I could see would be maybe if whatever Thanos does ends up effecting the Earth, and maybe we could see a quick montage of how each Defender is dealing with the fallout in their respective area, like...a SUPER quick thing. But I don't really want that.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #719
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
As for whether Danny will be wearing his outfit in The Defenders, Jones spoke at SDCC:
Finn Jones should wear some tapdancing shoes.

- CM Punk
Old 07-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #720
pixen
Side-Kick

That'd keep me awake at least.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #721
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why not just post the actual videos and ignore the wonky post formatting that is going on up above.
I found though them the the top video their's. might let their work fully show.

the other video of the panel is some one else and I avoid cause one of the producers (not the one mc ing it) on the show said a swear word. So I was fallowing the rules of the hype there among other things.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #722
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
So are we reading into that as yes, he will put it on before the end of the Defenders, or that the events of the Defenders make him feel like he's earned it for season 2? Cryptic bastards...

Old 07-24-2017, 12:57 AM   #723
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
So are we reading into that as yes, he will put it on before the end of the Defenders, or that the events of the Defenders make him feel like he's earned it for season 2? Cryptic bastards...
don't read into to it any further. they aren't ready to give a full on costume in this cross over. if anything it just be something like a lead into to having one but not a costume . like DD giving him advice that he should have one or ging shim something. Any way they are likely saving that for his show, now that it's getting season 2.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:06 AM   #724
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Dry Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
don't read into to it any further. they aren't ready to give a full on costume in this cross over. if anything it just be something like a lead into to having one but not a costume . like DD giving him advice that he should have one or ging shim something. Any way they are likely saving that for his show, now that it's getting season 2.
You're probably right. Besides, it's not like IF has some kind of jaw dropping costume. I'd hate for that to supposedly be the "highlight moment" of the season.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:10 AM   #725
pixen
Side-Kick

He could get one but I wouldnt expect him to get one this go around. Now if I saw Melvin Potter in the credits, then I'd say he might get one. It could happen though...

Closed Thread