The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 10-31-2017, 05:53 AM   #76
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Default Re: You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Is this coming with all the special features of that big box set from a few years ago?
Apparently a 8-disc set.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Da...lu-ray/191635/

I believe it will have 3 HD films, 3 UHD and 2 bonus discs for TDK and TDKR from previous releases. Shame if it won't have IMAX bonus disc from the Ultimate Collector's Edition.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #77
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Third animated team-up:

- Two episodes of the 1972 Scooby Doo Movies
- Segment on a 2011 episode of Brave and The Bold (Based on the 72 art style)
- This new DTV (set in the actual continuity of B&TB).

They also had a few team-ups in that recent Scooby comic from DC.
It's been so long since I last checked out anything Scooby-Doo. Thanks.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #78
shauner111
Side-Kick

I saw that clip of Wonder Woman fighting Steppenwolf. Holy **** Steppenwolf looks like a pure video game character, and a bad one too. I'm almost convinced this movie will be a bigger pile of **** than BvS.

Also, this Affleck version of Batman is making him look like a boring character. Can't wait until they move on from the actor, and this type of vision.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #79
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

At least he will be accompanied by Elfmans iconic theme.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #80
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Even Gal Gadot looks like CGI from a video game in that clip.

I don't know if I would call this a vision of Batman, they moved from one version in BvS to a new one here. "I'm rich"

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:10 PM   #81
DoomRulz
A guy that comes and goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Even Gal Gadot looks like CGI from a video game in that clip.

I don't know if I would call this a vision of Batman, they moved from one version in BvS to a new one here. "I'm rich"
I don't have a problem with that line, like so many other people seem to. I don't mind Batman/Bruce being light at times.

Movies don't. Especially not the diseased, cancerous, leprosy-induced, kolera that is a Snyder exercise in brain death you would call movies.

To equate the struggle for civil rights of black people to DCEU should be grounds for admittance to a mental institution
DoomRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #82
Kreem Pi
Banned User

It's so tone deaf. In a climate of Trump and billionaire backed politicians passing regressive laws, the fact that we are supposed to celebrate richness as an innate virtue is disturbing.

Kreem Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #83
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's not that, for me. It's more like "Ben Affleck you suck at acting, try delivering your lines better you ass grabbing knucklehead".

Is Bale coming back yet?

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
Old 11-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #84
Kreem Pi
Banned User

By the way, is Ben even playing Bruce Wayne in this? At least in BvS he deepened his voice a bit. In this one he is just Ben. Blandfleck.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #85
Kreem Pi
Banned User

Before anyone askes, yes, it's also true that it looks like Chris is playing Chris in Thor 3.

But guess what? Chris being himself > Thor. Affleck playing himself < Bruce Wayne.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #86
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Hemsworth is charismatic as hell so that's great. Ben can be a bore on a really bad day.

The Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #87
shauner111
Side-Kick

Hemsworth only felt like he was being himself once his hair was cut. I still think that was a stupid move.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:22 AM   #88
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Scott Snyder (Snyder v Snyder!)

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...36104782893056

Quote:
And from the sold out BATMAN: DEVASTATOR - Batman vs Superman vs doomsday'd Batman. No Martha's will be spoken.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #89
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRulz View Post
I don't have a problem with that line, like so many other people seem to. I don't mind Batman/Bruce being light at times.
I don't have an issue with the line itself or how it was placed in the trailer, just feels like a different version of Batman, a stronger jump than moving from Kilmer to Clooney.

YOUTUBE

Old 11-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #90
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

So Elfman's comments about how Batman's only ever had one theme have kind of rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

To be clear, I've always been a massive Elfman fan and his Batman scores have always been massively influential on me. It is certainly the most famous and iconic version of the Batman theme, and he basically set the template for modern Batman scores.

The thing is it's just patently false to see it's the only theme there's ever been. And I don't think it's the *best* theme either- that belongs to Shirley Walker's theme IMO. I mean from Shirley Walker to Elliot Goldenthal to Zimmer to Christopher Drake, to the Arkham games, to Junkie XL there have been a plethora of Batman themes and music.

He's probably right that to the casual filmgoer, his original theme is the most instantly recognizable, but the Batman and film score nerd in me took exception to him wording that in a way that casually disregarded decades worth of work that has gone into bringing the character to life long after he was done. And if "it's the only theme" was a euphemism for "the best theme", well then like I said....there are many Batman fans and film score enthusiasts that would argue Walker's theme surpassed his in terms of being a definitive Batman theme. I will concede that Zimmer purposely got around having to compete directly with Elfman's theme by giving Batman many different recurring motifs (all of which are very worthy additions to the musical canon), so I could see his argument if he's only comparing himself to Zimmer. But yeah, there's a 25 year history of Batman music since he stepped away. If we wanted to argue that each DC character should only have one theme like Bond, then why not bring back the 60s Batman theme? It's probably still the most iconic.

Anyway, still an Elfman fan, still interested in the JL score and still WILL get goosebumps hearing his theme again in a movie, even if the movie is a pile of garbage. Just had to get that off my chest.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #91
shauner111
Side-Kick

He's super arrogant for saying that. It's great but not my favorite theme. His main Justice League theme that I heard was terrible. Generic. Very lazy, just like the choice to use the 89 theme for a different universe.

Superman has a big return coming in this movie and they're not going to use Zimmer's score from Man of Steel? Ridiculous. It's perfect for that ****.

Now dumb ass Batfleck will fly out to the Keaton theme and it's going to feel just as forced as all the corny jokes in the trailers. Fanboys don't care though, as long as they see Batman with a grey suit and the Elfman theme they'll be hitting Twitter and SuperheroHype to talk about how it's the single greatest batman moment in history.

Can we just get to the Matt Reeves & possibly Armie Hammer movie before I fall asleep?!

Old 11-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #92
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I'm glad Elfman's using old themes....mainly because people act like it can't ever be done at all, even though James Bond has rebooted, and is still using the same theme song from the 60's.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #93
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I still feel like it's not quite the same as Bond, because that theme was used in so many films over the decades and all part of one big loose continuity before the reboot. The Elfman theme was used in two films, and yes, the TAS intro too. (I've read about how he strong-armed to get his theme to the intro so he'd get the royalties, but that's another story..)

With Batman, we've already established a precedent for different themes for different interpretations of the character. Otherwise the 89 movie would've used the 60s theme, or the Schumacher movies would've used the Elfman theme, etc. That's not to say it can't or should never be attempted. It might be fun. My issue was mainly with how Elfman worded his reasoning for it rather than him doing it.

Again, I'm a huge Elfman fan. I paid good money to see him live in concert last summer and it was a wonderful experience. But it was a pompous thing to say.

Also, Batfleck doesn't deserve that theme.

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 11-03-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #94
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaelaTargaryen View Post
Heh

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #95
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

About individual releases:

Old 11-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #96
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Superman has a big return coming in this movie and they're not going to use Zimmer's score from Man of Steel? Ridiculous. It's perfect for that ****.
Is that so? I was wondering how he would blend his own Batman material with Zimmer's Superman. They're pretty different fundamentally, from two very different composers.

round to the same place again.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #97
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

So Elfman says, yeah.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #98
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Even though I disagree with Elfman’s remark about there being only one Batman theme. I don’t take issue with it. Since he adapted his theme for the opening title sequence of BTAS (as well as a couple of episodes inserting his theme during certain moments) he probably assumed that the various composers adapted his theme throughout the entire series. Outside of both Batman and film score fans the general audience probably don’t remember or care for Goldentahl’s scores, unfortunately. Doesn’t help that both scores are associated with two films most of the GA and critics disliked. I believe that comment was directed mostly at Zimmer. Zimmer’s TDKT scores aren’t heavily thematic and consists of mostly motifs. Batfleck’s theme from BvS is mostly rhythmic pounding of the same notes over and over. It’s not even a theme. Elfman‘s comment might also be somewhat of a retort to Zimmer calling his Batman theme “jolly“ a couple of years ago.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:13 PM   #99
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
So Elfman says, yeah.
It's in one of the released tracks, so...

We don't know if he completely axed Zimmer's music, though.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #100
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

I'm not a fan of Affleck's Batman getting Keaton's theme. Also that there's only been one theme statement is trash IMO. It does a disservice to Walker and Zimmer who both fit their Batmans as much as Elfman fit his.

The Chris is online now   Reply With Quote