The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > The Hype Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2016, 12:33 PM   #26
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,876
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I'm the latter

Your jacket photo is a hand-drawn, nude self-portrait, I assume.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #27
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

..........how did you know?!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #28
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain
 
KevanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 27,452
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
It depends which kind of writer you are: the self-obsessed, self-hating neurotic who thinks everyone else's work is better, or the self-obsessed, self-promoting egomaniac who believes it would be a crime if the world was deprived of his unique voice.
What about someone who'd rather just have a project done first? Which does that fall under?

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #29
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

I don't know if Manic has fully published work, but I saw some of what you did, nothing of what he wrote.
I think I voted for you on that basis, and it is probably unfair to Manic.

Anyway, if you do win this trophy, just say 'achievement unlocked' and move along.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #30
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain
 
KevanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 27,452
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

I won the comics award last year so if I win this maybe I should write comics?

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #31
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Fancy collaborating on mine? I'm very laz- I mean, tired to write it

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #32
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
I won the comics award last year so if I win this maybe I should write comics?
Go for it.
A Korean web comic artist created a character and sold it to Marvel after they offered him money.
One Punch Man author made a silly webcomic with bad art, and it was a hit.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #33
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

It's harder for us writers than artists

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #34
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain
 
KevanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 27,452
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

If I make it big, I'll ask Marvel to let me write a Doc Samson series.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #35
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Try Dark Horse, Kev. That's what I'm doing with mine. It's an original character, it's Dark Horse, but it's a start

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #36
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain
 
KevanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 27,452
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

I like DH.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #37
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
I like DH.
So do I, but I've seen the reduced rates they have their comics at - sales must be bad

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #38
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
It's harder for us writers than artists
Write a Twilight fanfic, a good version, people will fall for that crap.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #39
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Write a Twilight fanfic, a good version, people will fall for that crap.
I'd rather stake myself in the balls and then the heart!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:58 PM   #40
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I'd rather stake myself in the balls and then the heart!
That's deep hatred.
Spit on Edward and Bella, and place Joker and Harley in their stead.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:58 PM   #41
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain
 
KevanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 27,452
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Fancy collaborating on mine? I'm very laz- I mean, tired to write it
Yeah sure. I promise not to steal it or anything. *fingers crossed*

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #42
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
That's deep hatred.
Spit on Edward and Bella, and place Joker and Harley in their stead.
"You are my life now - hehehehehhahahahah!!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
Yeah sure. I promise not to steal it or anything. *fingers crossed*

Well, it's about a soldier who wakes from a 10-year coma and discovers the world has succumbed to a third world war, which has split country relations completely apart, and he's aided by Syrian women, who are children by today's standards, where they believe he is some sort of god, as he has supposedly spiritual links, and they've become the 21st century amazons! And our hero sets out to exact revenge on his old boss who started the war with government conspirators and terrorists, who now have their own utopia! Now, don't steal those ideas!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #43
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post

Well, it's about a soldier who wakes from a 10-year coma and discovers the world has succumbed to a third world war, which has split country relations completely apart, and he's aided by Syrian women, who are children by today's standards, where they believe he is some sort of god, as he has supposedly spiritual links, and they've become the 21st century amazons! And our hero sets out to exact revenge on his old boss who started the war with government conspirators and terrorists, who now have their own utopia! Now, don't steal those ideas!
Not gonna happen in real life.
Better invent your own fictional country, or this will be culturally inappropriate.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #44
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Not gonna happen in real life.
Better invent your own fictional country, or this will be culturally inappropriate.
I've been thinking on that back and forth - it's better to mirror real life than imitate it in this case. The idea would've gotten flack and I doubt a company would publish it in fear of backlash.

Looks like there's some editing I need to do!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #45
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

I thought it would've been easy to get away with since Syria is next to Turkey and amazons were from there

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #46
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,876
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
What about someone who'd rather just have a project done first? Which does that fall under?

It means you're not a writer, you're a publisher.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #47
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,876
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Not gonna happen in real life.
Better invent your own fictional country, or this will be culturally inappropriate.

I disagree. Having the cajones to use a real country is what separates literature from comic book fantasy. Think of how famous Rodrigo will become when he has to go into hiding like Salman Rushdie!

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #48
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I disagree. Having the cajones to use a real country is what separates literature from comic book fantasy. Think of how famous Rodrigo will become when he has to go into hiding like Salman Rushdie!
I'll sympathize Rodrigo as much as I'd sympathize the writer of the overhated crap Salman Rushdie is infamous for.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #49
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,990
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Is he a bad man?!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #50
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,899
Default Re: 2015 Best Writer

Not really.
His story is bad, and it received more attention than it deserved, but from what I read it's not what I'd call a majorly offensive piece. I don't recall anything offensive about it, but I may need to read it again.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.