The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #126
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

Default Re: TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

[QUOTE=SpiderMarvelite;24612345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dn1nj4 View Post
Definitely. The worldbuilding in TAS was awesome. It had really subtle details in the props and sets that made it feel like a tangible, contemporary New York, with Spidey elements, but believable. It's a great example of show and don't tell. I definitely felt like I knew Peter better in this iteration just by the small things (he likes the movie Rear Window which was the classic Hitchcock flick with the main character as a photographer, he had the physicist Richard Feynman as his wallpaper on his desktop, he was reading the Origin of Species on his desk). You knew about his interests and aptitude WITHOUT beating us over the head with durrrr Peter's a nerd because he talks sciencey and wears glasses. It's smart character building.

BRAVO SIR BRAVO
I assume when you talk about Peter being "Durrrr science!" you are refering to the school field trip in the first Rami film? Cause Peter pretty much does the same thing on TASM when he awnsers Conners question. Plus I felt that Peter's science fact speak in Rami's film was kinda natural. Who hasn't thrown out random trivia when we are surrounded by our friends in a party or other situation to try and impress our friends and try and fit in with them and everyone else? I have.

cloverfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #127
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Agreed. Peter giving out scientific facts seemed to flow with the dialogue and didn't seem that way in TAS-M. Perhaps it's because this Peter seems to be shy when he does open his mouth, I don't know, but you'd think he would have the nerves to be proud of what he has to say; aside from being behind the camera in Raimi's series, Peter Parker was very focal in one thing, speaking on what he knew about science and what have you of the like.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #128
k1dn1nj4
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=cloverfan98;24617181]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post

I assume when you talk about Peter being "Durrrr science!" you are refering to the school field trip in the first Rami film? Cause Peter pretty much does the same thing on TASM when he awnsers Conners question. Plus I felt that Peter's science fact speak in Rami's film was kinda natural. Who hasn't thrown out random trivia when we are surrounded by our friends in a party or other situation to try and impress our friends and try and fit in with them and everyone else? I have.
Not that I didn't like the Raimi films (Spider-man 2's probably my favourite superhero movie to date maybe tied with TDK) or Peter's portrayal in them (though I suppose I found it a bit too Clark Kent-ish), but in those films, what did they really do to show his aptitude besides him verbally saying smart stuff? Even in his fights I don't recall him using his head as much, besides punching and stuff. That's what I felt TAS did well, showed without telling. Like when Peter devised the web to sense vibrations and the Lizard's location. That was smart. I'm not saying Peter in TAS DIDN'T also vocalize his intelligence, or that telling is necessarily a bad thing. What I'm saying is that the props and set-pieces ADDED to it. Almost like Easter Eggs. I like how he had Feynman on his desktop but they never once mentioned who he was for instance.

k1dn1nj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 AM   #129
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
^ Agreed. Peter giving out scientific facts seemed to flow with the dialogue and didn't seem that way in TAS-M. Perhaps it's because this Peter seems to be shy when he does open his mouth, I don't know, but you'd think he would have the nerves to be proud of what he has to say; aside from being behind the camera in Raimi's series, Peter Parker was very focal in one thing, speaking on what he knew about science and what have you of the like.
At OSCORP he is hiding from Gwen so thats understandable
Plus he isnt really being clever,he researched about Connors on bing and hence knew about his research

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #130
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
At OSCORP he is hiding from Gwen so thats understandable
Plus he isnt really being clever,he researched about Connors on bing and hence knew about his research
Still, Raimi's Peter seemed confident when he spoke, Webb's Peter did not, with anything. Imo, that's why Webb's Spider-Man is better, but Raimi's Peter is better.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #131
AF3619
You´re those Spider-guys!

Quote:
Still, Raimi's Peter seemed confident when he spoke, Webb's Peter did not, with anything. Imo, that's why Webb's Spider-Man is better, but Raimi's Peter is better.
sure...but not every nerd is that confident talking to people and saying scientific facts out of the blue, someone can talk very easily in the internet or people he knows already, but me for example im very shy talking to people i don´t know, i appreciated that Peter was shy, but when he is alone with Gwen there is this confidence he gets, i actually liked this Peter more than Raimi´s

Old 11-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #132
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Adding to the collection of creatures on the Oscorp's Tree of Life :
Fish
Elephant
Cat(Four legged, most likely a mammal, and I'd say it's a cat judging from its tail)

And the part when someone said "You just have to look past the gills on her neck" made the fish on Tree of Life a really fishy character. Does that line ring a bell to anyone?

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #133
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Raimi's Peter was a nerd.
While Webb's Peter is an Outcast and Socially Awkward teenager

They potrayed him differently

Old 11-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #134
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

^ Yes.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #135
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

Raimi's Peter wasn't socially awkward? He was only very confident around friends and behind his camera when trying to speak to a girl. If anything, Raimi's Peter was even more of a social outcast as Webb's Peter was actually able to speak to Gwen Stacy in the beginning of the film, more than what I can say to Raimi's Peter if he didn't have the camera with him.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #136
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Raimi's Peter wasn't socially awkward? He was only very confident around friends and behind his camera when trying to speak to a girl. If anything, Raimi's Peter was even more of a social outcast as Webb's Peter was actually able to speak to Gwen Stacy in the beginning of the film, more than what I can say to Raimi's Peter if he didn't have the camera with him.
difference being Raimi's Peter was outcasted socially (but, was secretly desperate to fit in) where Webb's Peter was a social outcast

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 11-11-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #137
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If you want to get technical, sure, I'll give you that, but in no way was Webb's Peter anymore awkward.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #138
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

they were both very awkward, but in very different ways/and for different reasons

Raimi's Peter, was very subconscious, and suffered more of a defeatist attitude

Webb's Peter, just lacked confidence, and was very shy

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #139
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Fantastic find.
Aloha,
Great find. This movie took from Ultimate Spider-Man, Untold Tales of Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man.

Anything to do with Oscorp comes from Ultimate Spider-Man.
The Easter eggs that I didn't like was -Spider-Man not reacting to his spider sence more often.Even though he's new at being a super hero-he got hit way too many times and sneaked up on way too many times to be consistent with his spider sense.
Unless Peter was fighting super villians, no way should he have been as bruised and beat up as he was before his fight with the Lizard.
All parts of Spider-Man's body can cling to surfaces so Dr.Connors saving him from falling off of the building was a rotten egg continuity wise.
Does Aunt May suspect that Peter is Spider-Man. We get that feeling.
Can't wait for ASM2.Spider-Man comics were always written like a serieal and all of the answer didn't come in one issue.The Green Goblin appeared in ASM #14, we didn'tt know he was Norman Osborn until #39. So hold on folks, I'm sure more about Peter's parents, who was in the shadows,and if Gwen dies, will be revealed.
Spidey rules

Last edited by Donald Thomas; 11-12-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #140
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:

Aloha,
Shortly after the third Spider-Man movie, I said that they needed a new director and new actors. Raimi's Spider-Man took from the Lee/Ditko era. Webbs Spider-Man takes from the Lee/Romita era.Romita's Spider-Man and Peter Parker was much more confident in himself(even better looking) than Ditkos.By making MidTown HS, Midtown Science HS-Peter is less of an outcast and more of the Smartest guy in the school-Gwen being the smartest girl or smartest period.He is socially awkward however. I would have asked the guy behind me in the store if he had 2 cents.
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #141
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Socially Awkward is being not able to mix/communicate well with people.With Girls its called shyness.Atleast thats what I interpret from those words

Both of them were shy but only Garfield's Peter was socially awkward/outcast.
Tobey's Peter actually communicated quite well with people except MJ

As for the second point,one just needs an excuse to break the ice,be it taking pictures or after getting beat up(not that I am saying he got beat up to talk to her)

Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #142
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Socially Awkward is being not able to mix/communicate well with people.With Girls its called shyness.Atleast thats what I interpret from those words

Both of them were shy but only Garfield's Peter was socially awkward/outcast.
Tobey's Peter actually communicated quite well with people except MJ

As for the second point,one just needs an excuse to break the ice,be it taking pictures or after getting beat up(not that I am saying he got beat up to talk to her)
Socially awkward would be the same word when not being able to talk to girls. They don't get a whole different name because girls are still people, lol.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #143
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ally%20awkward

Nope

Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #144
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Urban dictionary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socially_awkward

When not being able to communicate with others. Everyone. Period.

Calling it shyness for only girls is ridiculous. It's still being socially awkward.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 11-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #145
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Wow you guys are at war with each other

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #146
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

^ Love is a battlefield.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #147
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Socially Awkward is being not able to mix/communicate well with people.With Girls its called shyness.
Haha. What? Shyness has nothing to do with gender. Shyness at its most basic level is a lack of confidence/comfort in a given situation, and the reaction one has to that emotion (avoidance, hesitation, being non-committal, etc).

Last edited by Spider-Who?; 11-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #148
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Thank you.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #149
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Okay I'll clear it up

Webb' Peter was socially awkward around everybody,he seemes to lack basic communication skill.So he was basically an outcast or a loner.He has teenage problems with angst,anger and love.He is in no way perfect or goodytwoshoes

Raimi's Peter was a nerd and actually had good communication skills and actually had friends.He was just shy around MJ.He is a goodytwoshoes having almost nil flaws

Its upto opinion on whom people consider better

Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #150
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

Have you guys seen the ridiculous post about a possible Venom "suit" sighting in OsCorp? It's pretty bad...

For Those Who Need A Good Laugh

Resistance61513 is offline   Reply With Quote