Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #251
AbradolfLincler
Banned User

Default Re: Ezra Miller Is The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
Don't be that guy.
I guess I'm that guy, too. This one scene makes me giddy, and I've never liked Grant Gustin.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #252
KalvinEllis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
But in the cartoon that Wally had elements of Barry
I think the only element he had of Barry was that he was a forensic scientist.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #253
UltimateMarvel
Stop right there. I'm in.

Ezra Miller's Flash is gonna be awesome and will be one of the best things from JL. That's all.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #254
samsnee
Side-Kick

I know it was written independently, but unfortunately the scene where Batman meets Flash does sound a lot like the Tony Stark/Spider-man scene in Civil War.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #255
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Flash breaking into NASA? Yes.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 06-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #256
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I know it was written independently, but unfortunately the scene where Batman meets Flash does sound a lot like the Tony Stark/Spider-man scene in Civil War.
Why unfortunately, was it a really bad scene?

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
Old 06-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #257
samsnee
Side-Kick

No it's a great scene, I just think that DC will get even more unfair comparisons to Marvel.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #258
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Ah, that... eh, who cares? Comparisons will happen no matter what and it's not like it's a big deal.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #259
UltimateMarvel
Stop right there. I'm in.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #260
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah. And you know, I like the Flash TV show, but... it's not like it's SO good that a movie couldn't (rather easily) top it. The second season was a huge letdown; Zoom was a lame villain and there were too many filler episodes. And I hate how Barry turns into an idiot every time he has to face a new villain. I hope the movies avoid that.
That's one of the biggest reasons I want a movie, have an independent Barry, he makes his stuff, he makes the strategies to foil villains, no supervillain or any character with similar powers to teach him how to use his abilities.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #261
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except Flash doesn't live with his aunt and is a full grown adult that has a sick apartment with tech stuff and it is really visible that he is a vigilante/superhero. I love the dialogue where he says that is a jewish hippie guy that looks like him. I actually laughed reading the last bit when he says he needs friends. LOL..

Old 06-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #262
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

ARKIN TYAG's artwork.
ARKIN ART

Old 06-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #263
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
Don't be that guy.
When has the tv Flash ever been charismatic than emotional and stupid?
He is not witty and he can't do anything by himself. Watch the 3rd season be complete garbage like how Arrow was only good till 2 seasons then it became trash.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #264
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
Ezra is one of the best if not the best actor of his generation clearly. I don't understand the unlikability part BMCAABY is speaking of. Ezra is different than your average stereotyped teenager/young adult. Different doesn't mean weird, he's just a bit cooky, eccentric, you know, he has a personality, I guess that bothers some of the more boring, straight-edged people.
I mean I agree he is a fantastic choice and is a phenomenal actor. I never said he was not. But in interviews him being cooky like you said is very unlikable. A lot of haters even use that against him. They don't even know how much of a good actor he is, but they are basing their opinions against how he looks.

Love how the long hair look is actually going to be addressed in a funny manner by Barry Allen.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #265
Guts
My love for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalvinEllis View Post
I was hoping they wouldn't make Barry the funny guy on the team, but given that Hal Jordan isn't here, I guess it makes sense. Still if they wanted him to act like Wally, they could've just given us Wally.
Ezra is doing some ad libbing, so most of the character's comedy will probably come from Ezra instead of the script.

Speaking for myself; I have less love for Lord of the Rings lore than I do for Star Wars. LotR franchise to me is an allegory for white men fighting their crack addiction, nothing more.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #266
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerWolf View Post
Once Barry Allen connects with Bruce Wayne and Wayne-Tech, Flash’s costume will probably get an upgrade…."

"When Wilkinson was designing Flash’s costume he didn’t feel the need to compete with the TV show because the design he needed to come up with had to work in Zack Snyder’s universe."[/I]
Awesome, so we will most likely get the classic suit sometime. With the bolts and fully covered gloves. Possibly white circle logo.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #267
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was hoping they wouldn't make Barry the funny guy on the team, but given that Hal Jordan isn't here, I guess it makes sense. Still if they wanted him to act like Wally, they could've just given us Wally.
What's wrong with that. Let's be honest to comic goers the most entertaining and many people's favourite Flash is Wally. Why not make Barry Allen like Wally so people like him more. I think that's a smart move.
Plus most millennial young adult grew up with the Bruce Timm Flash which was Wally, If they were to do Wally, his origin would be complicated because it requires Barry Allen.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #268
-VisionsVision-
RAMPAGE

I'm super hyper to see Ezra after reading all the set reports. Looks like he stole the show. (For the day at least)

Old 06-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #269
KalvinEllis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
Ezra is doing some ad libbing, so most of the character's comedy will probably come from Ezra instead of the script.
Well I get that, but the entire scene sounds like it was written with Wally in mind. The guy who goofs around and makes a joke out of everything, that's just not who Barry Allen is.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #270
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well I get that, but the entire scene sounds like it was written with Wally in mind. The guy who goofs around and makes a joke out of everything, that's just not who Barry Allen is.

At least it will be better of a Barry Allen than the TV series. Plus Barry has been a funny guy in the comics before. Especially in the New 52, he makes a ton of jokes.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #271
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:
Yeah maybe Batman will hit on Barry's mom during the scene...ohhh

Ratings:

Man of Steel: 9/10, Xmen First Class: 8/10, Winter Soldier: 9/10, BvS: 7/10, Civil War: 7/10
Old 06-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #272
KalvinEllis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCAABY View Post
What's wrong with that. Let's be honest to comic goers the most entertaining and many people's favourite Flash is Wally. Why not make Barry Allen like Wally so people like him more. I think that's a smart move.
Plus most millennial young adult grew up with the Bruce Timm Flash which was Wally, If they were to do Wally, his origin would be complicated because it requires Barry Allen.
I'm in my 20s and my favorite Flash is Barry. Same way my favorite GL is Hal, not John Stewart who also part of Timm's cartoon. That show ended 10 years ago and is not the be-all end-all of people's public perception of the Justice League. There have been so many other JL incarnations outside of comics since then, that didn't feature the same characters that cartoon did, so to me the "young generation audience" thing doesn't fly anymore. Also I simply disagree with the notion that Barry Allen needs to be turned into a Wally clone to be more likeable. Again, it's not that big of a deal, it's just noticeable and out of character for Barry.

Last edited by KalvinEllis; 06-21-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #273
KalvinEllis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCAABY View Post
At least it will be better of a Barry Allen than the TV series. Plus Barry has been a funny guy in the comics before. Especially in the New 52, he makes a ton of jokes.
Not that much. Hal is the one who usually who goofs around in N52. And I like the CW Flash, he is more like an amalgam between Barry and Wally. A jokester but still kind of nerdy and uptight. I wouldn't mind if Barry is balanced out here, too.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #274
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm in my 20s and my favorite Flash is Barry. Same way my favorite GL is Hal, not John Stewart who also part of Timm's cartoon. That show ended 10 years ago and is not the be-all end-all of people's public perception of the Justice League. There have been so many other incarnations outside of comics since then, that didn't feature the same characters that cartoon did, so to me the "young generation audience" thing doesn't fly anymore. Also I simply disagree with the notion that Barry Allen needs to be turned into a Wally clone to be more likeable. Again, it's not that big of a deal, it's just noticeable and out of character for Barry.
Not everyone reads comic books man. Most people just watched the cartoons as kids, and that's how they are familiar with those characters.

Which is what I am disappointed about how we don't have any cartoons like Timm's now for the current children. Those kid's might not be familiar with these characters until later, WB/DC should create more cartoons and much like the ones they have done already. Hopefully a Jason Momoa's Aquaman cartoon, or Ezra Miller's Flash cartoon. I mean have cartoons that base or are similar to JL movie characters and depictions.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #275
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not that much. Hal is the one who usually who goofs around in N52. And I like the CW Flash, he is more like an amalgam between Barry and Wally. A jokester but still kind of nerdy and uptight. I wouldn't mind if Barry is balanced out here, too.
CW Flash, has made 0 jokes. He is nerdy but he is a complete idiot that can't survive without star labs.

Closed Thread