The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Old 02-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #276
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

probably a cost saving thing.... if there isn't really any reason in an episode to have Firestorm, it lets them shift the money saved to another episode with him in.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:35 AM   #277
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

You aren't alone in hating them turning her into a near one note character. It also does make her a massive hypocrite, especially because they can't complete a mission without ****ing s*** up and changing it, so they were really in no position to lecture anyone on the merits of changing history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:36 AM   #278
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

so maybe its just me but for someone who when in flash is all about warning barry with screwing with history and flashpoint thawne doesn't give a damn about in legends

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #279
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Well 2 things about Thawne:

1. He already changed the timeline massively when he first came to The Flash by moving up the particle accelerator up by like 20 years

2. This Thawne never got stuck in the "past" without his speed so he never got to impersonates Wells.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:16 AM   #280
Nathan

Isn't this Thawne a living paradox? His ancestor killed himself, yet he's still around, because Flash pulled him out of the time stream. I guess he can do whatever the hell he wants to history, without being affected, because the timeline he comes from has already been wiped out.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #281
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Pretty much. The only way to get rid of him (w/o Black Flash) would be to eliminate him from the future most likely.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #282
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Being fair, "Hunted by the Black Flash" is a pretty severe downside to running around despite being non-existent. If he didn't have future tech, he'd probably already be dead again ( he seems to *need* the early warning to safely escape and evade ).

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #283
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

It would be great to get more episodes on this show and the others that are focused on villains.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #284
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWraith View Post
You aren't alone in hating them turning her into a near one note character. It also does make her a massive hypocrite, especially because they can't complete a mission without ****ing s*** up and changing it, so they were really in no position to lecture anyone on the merits of changing history.
Who?

Old 02-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #285
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #286
Derrick
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Am I the only one not a fan of the idea of Sara being presented as the kind of person that just randomly sleeps around with any attractive woman she meets?lol

I'm actually more surprised that they haven't given either Ray or Jefferson any love interests in this season as of yet.
Personally I'd like to see Rip and Sara get together, and Jefferson and Star Girl...

BUT...

LoT is not the type of show that has room for relationship drama in its storylines. Honestly the stories are complete enough without the extra drama...

Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #287
eplo
agent of nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Personally I'd like to see Rip and Sara get together, and Jefferson and Star Girl...

BUT...

LoT is not the type of show that has room for relationship drama in its storylines. Honestly the stories are complete enough without the extra drama...
Star girl?

eplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #288
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Just got back from WalMart....they have season one LoT DVDs on sale for $14.96.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #289
zenith16
Side-Kick

Captain Cold Returns In Latest Photos From The LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Set A new batch of photos from the set of Legends of Tomorrow have surfaced, and it appears as if we can finally expect Captain Cold to make a real return after those disappointing hallucination sequences... - JoshWildingRead more

Quote:
When it was originally revealed the Wentworth Miller would be returning to Legends of Tomorrow, it was widely reported and assumed that he would be part of the Legion of Doom. That's since proved not to be the case, and he instead only made a few brief appearances as part of Rory's hallucinations. That was done away with when the show returned year, leaving us to assume that's it for Leonard.

Well, perhaps not! Martin Stein indicated that Captain Cold could still be out there after being scattered across time, and unless what we see in the photos below is a flashback, it seems like he could be about to return. Despite the addition of some new team members, it would definitely be good to have him back, though it's entirely possible that some time travel shenanigans could be involved.

We'll just have to wait and see, but be sure to share your Legends of Tomorrow theories down below.

Also with

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Go Tropical for Season 2 Final 9 hours agoTV NEWS
Legends of Tomorrow star Nick Zano revealed the title -- and the possible location -- of the show's Season 2 finale.
Read more
Quote:

“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” may be heading to the tropics for their Season 2 finale, but it probably won’t be for a vacation. Nick Zano — who plays Nate “Citizen Steel” Heywood — recently posted a photo of the finale script to Twitter, and the episode’s title suggests the team is headed to “Aruba.”
RELATED: CW Shifts Legends of Tomorrow Finale, Changes iZombie Premiere
Of course, the episode title alone doesn’t give away too much about the episode other than a possible location. That is to say, the Legends may not head to Aruba at all; the word “Aruba” could very well be a codename or project that becomes important over the course of the last several episodes. For now, though, we can only speculate that the show will close out its sophomore season in Aruba.
Per the script’s cover sheet, it looks like executive producers Phil Klemmer and Marc Guggenheim penned the episode, which will be directed by Rob Seidenglanz.
Airing Tuesdays at 9 pm ET/PT on The CW, “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” stars Brandon Routh as the Atom, Victor Garber and Franz Drameh as Firestorm, Caity Lotz as White Canary, Maisie Richardson-Seller as Vixen, Dominic Purcell as Heatwave and Nick Zano as Citizen Steel.
source: Comic Book Movies.com & CBR

Last edited by zenith16; 02-15-2017 at 01:58 AM.
zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:17 AM   #290
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

This may be a plot hole, but I wonder why Rip never used the shard of the Spear that he had to undo some of the stuff that Vandal Savage did...namely with saving his family.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:59 AM   #291
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
This may be a plot hole, but I wonder why Rip never used the shard of the Spear that he had to undo some of the stuff that Vandal Savage did...namely with saving his family.
your forgetting it's cause he's not bright the many times he had savage and could have taken him on the ship after he asable burn and knock savage out cold and have the other's get savage body on the ship with atom and fire storm doing crowd control and the other's in circle around him with Rory carrying savage as plan and so the ysend on missile to the sun.

And look what happen now that jackson had gun on him and sara was there and all rip had was that piece of the spear and no other weapon on him self.

again they didn't have to kill him. but they had two chose 's shoot him in the leg and take Rip back on the ship and lock him in the cell after putting him in that med chair or take Rip there by gun point or knock him out while the other had gun on him.

the point is the writers want him stupid and the team be stupid. that's why he didn't do it. and use the excuse that you can only be ruthless in the sense that you have to be completely evil to do such an action.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-18-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #292
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
The Spear very much calls the entirety of season 1 into question, considering how desperate Rip seemed at times you'd think he'd have used it. This show and logic haven't exactly gotten along too well.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:57 AM   #293
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
The Spear very much calls the entirety of season 1 into question, considering how desperate Rip seemed at times you'd think he'd have used it. This show and logic haven't exactly gotten along too well.
hmm lets also keep in mind that he was sent by Eobord . and seeing when he got the legend's and was doing what he was doing prior he was as the time masters said still doing what they wanted tile the other helped him break away and this what Eobard wants currently.

The point is "would this have Ever crossed Rip's mind at all" with out some else controlling him? did he have free will back then. they made clear he didn't not completely have that in season til the other onthe team help pull out of that rut he was in. and that sorta the case currently now.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #294
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

If Rip gets the spear of destiny, can't he use it to unscramble his scrambled mind and also to put things back to the a state where the legion of Doom aren't searching for the spear and Rip isn't a villain?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:10 AM   #295
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Rip gets the spear of destiny, can't he use it to unscramble his scrambled mind and also to put things back to the a state where the legion of Doom aren't searching for the spear and Rip isn't a villain?
seeing hes supposedly evil ... nope but if he ether snap's out of it or one of the other's from the wave ride do it then the legion can be stopped . but then the writers can't have malcom be stopped (in being killed ) that way or eobard for that matter .

I think more likely reality will be unravel for a bit And some one will put things back in it's place as they are now. and most (not all ) of the villain go back to their own place to cause trouble for their usual enemies.

Not sure what will happen with Darhk

Old 02-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #296
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

It could be the shard alone wouldn't do the trick. Or, it could be that season 1 had really terrible writing, and its best not to think about it too much.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #297
Braggis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
It could be the shard alone wouldn't do the trick. Or, it could be that season 1 had really terrible writing, and its best not to think about it too much.
Season 1 was a disaster. Terrible acting, even worse writing and a weak main villain. But Season 2 so far has found its footing. It is what it is. This show is out to be light, cheesy popcorn fun with its tongue in cheek. That's the show.

You either love it or hate it for that but it has finally found an identity.

Braggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #298
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

how often have they visited the Earth in the 1970s era?

have they done a Vietnam story? How about the Korean war?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #299
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
how often have they visited the Earth in the 1970s era?

have they done a Vietnam story? How about the Korean war?
Nope, unfortunately. My uncle was in both. Looking forward to when they do. I think they touched on the protesters and such in the episode where they visited young Stein at college though.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #300
Braggis
Side-Kick

I really hope they don't try to do a Vietnam or serious war story. They did the slavery episode and it made my eyes roll. It's a serious topic that isn't suited for what is ultimately a silly and cheesy superhero show. Legends of Tomorrow is especially the silliest of all the DC/CW shows. It is fun entertainment but it should steer clear of taking on heavy material like that.

Hell, last week an episode of Arrow (the most grounded and serious of the superhero shows) tried to take on gun control and it was so jarring and preachy it turned a lot of people off.

Braggis is offline   Reply With Quote