The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #726
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: "Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
Lol, has Donald upset the Dark Lord Murdock?

Old 02-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #727
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Default Re: "Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years

I watched a highlight reel of the recent press conference and the things he said came right out of a parody movie.

Aziz
Old 02-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #728
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Man, Trump has me actually seeing eye to eye with the likes of Shep Smith and John Roberts. Never thought I'd see THAT day.

Maybe Trump will become like the big space squid at the end of The Watchman. The one big grave threat to everyone who unites all of us against him.

Obviously in this hypothetical, it was all orchestrated by Hillary, making her Ozymandias.

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 02-17-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #729
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Man, Trump has me actually seeing eye to eye with the likes of Shep Smith and John Roberts. Never thought I'd see THAT day.

Maybe Trump will become like the big space squid at the end of The Watchman. The one big grave threat to everyone who unites all of us against him.

Obviously in this hypothetical, it was all orchestrated by Hillary, making her Ozymandias.
Seriously, I think it's come to that. Trump's awfulness seriously is that common ground for normal, decent to people on both sides of the aisle to hopefully unite on.

I listen to Glenn Beck on my ride home from work daily now (I always like to listen to right-wing radio just to stay out of my comfort zone and see where the other side is coming from), but lately I find myself constantly nodding in agreement to much of what he says and the approach he's been trying to take (I mean the guy appeared on Samantha Bee and had her on his show...he's trying, at least). Plus it's always good to have conservative sources who are critical of Trump to cite when you find yourself in an argument with a Trump-supporting friend or relative, especially since it shuts down their usual "liberal media!" argument.

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 02-17-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #730
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Lol, has Donald upset the Dark Lord Murdock?
Well he insulted Rupert's favourite lapdog and loyal employee Malcolm Turnbull.

HERESY!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #731
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Well he insulted Rupert's favourite lapdog and loyal employee Malcolm Turnbull.
And there we have it, lol

Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #732
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Seriously, I think it's come to that. Trump's awfulness seriously is that common ground for normal, decent to people on both sides of the aisle to hopefully unite on.

I listen to Glenn Beck on my ride home from work daily now (I always like to listen to right-wing radio just to stay out of my comfort zone and see where the other side is coming from), but lately I find myself constantly nodding in agreement to much of what he says and the approach he's been trying to take (I mean the guy appeared on Samantha Bee and had her on his show...he's trying, at least). Plus it's always good to have conservative sources who are critical of Trump to cite when you find yourself in an argument with a Trump-supporting friend or relative, especially since it shuts down their usual "liberal media!" argument.
Beck and Megyn Kelly seemingly came to their senses even before the election was over. The problem with Fox is that they still have idiots like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity carrying Trump's water for him, and the masses nod along with them.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #733
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Trump even made O'Reilly break character for a moment.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #734
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:

I propose the new name for Trump should be "orange, space squid from Watchmen".

Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #735
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think there's absolutely an element of truth to this. The internet has made us so much more confrontational and resentful of each other.

In the grand scheme of things, most of us here on this site share passion for the same things and undoubtedly share a lot of the same values. Yet so much of our time here is spent at each other's throats and things break off into tribalism, albeit a much geekier version of it.

Although on the plus side of this, personally I actually think that getting into heated, passionate debates about these movies and characters have sharpened my skills as a debater in general which comes in handy when getting into arguments about this more important stuff in real life, including with my mostly right-wing family. I don't dare touch politics on social media or random discussion threads elsewhere because it's just so futile and full of hatred and nobody listens to one another at all.

But yeah, I mean as corny as it sounds...I really feel like the only way any healing is ever going to come about is if it happens on the individual level. If enough "normal" people finally decide that enough is enough and stop letting the fringes pull us apart. The thing is when you break it all down, there should still be a ton of common ground for Americans to share with one another, we've just become increasingly blinded to it for all the reasons you've been talking about.
The only thing that will unite most people is to see the ugliness, dangers and counter-productivity of extremism.

Then we can collectively shout "STFU" when the next edge-lord rages against the status quo.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #736
samsnee
Side-Kick

As long as uninformed and delusional voters live in swing states, it doesn't matter if the majority of the population know that he is bat crazy.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #737
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

AP reporting that they've seen a draft memo from the WH for an order to mobilize up to 100K National Guard Troops to 'round up illegal immigrants across America'

Old 02-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #738
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
AP reporting that they've seen a draft memo from the WH for an order to mobilize up to 100K National Guard Troops to 'round up illegal immigrants across America'
That's going to go over well.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #739
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr lee View Post
ap reporting that they've seen a draft memo from the wh for an order to mobilize up to 100k national guard troops to 'round up illegal immigrants across america'
kgb answer to no one!

Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #740
childeroland
Side-Kick

That press conference is a thing of beauty.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy

Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing. Arya Stark

Spellcaster now available at Amazon
Old 02-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #741
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Has always leaned left, this is nothing new.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #742
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Has always leaned left, this is nothing new.
Maybe "leaned left" as compared to your standard FoxNews anchor, but I never thought of him as being progressive nor did I ever find much of what he said before agreeable.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #743
hopeless
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Man's a ****ing genius it seems, but then when your opposite number is Trump it's kind of like Kasparov playing chess against a chimp.
Isn't that a little harsh on the chimp?

Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #744
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
I think we a re couple months away from Trump creating a new Gestapo that go around asking everyone for their papers

Old 02-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #745
Boom
I got nothin'

BREAKING: Donald Trump asks Asian barista to set up a meeting with Jackie Chan.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #746
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Martial law.... no way.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #747
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I think we a re couple months away from Trump creating a new Gestapo that go around asking everyone for their papers
And Republican leaders will stay silent.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #748
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
What will Trump do next? Anschluss Canada? Invade Mexico?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #749
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Well, here's an article on the proposed memo, along with the actual text.

http://www.vox.com/2017/2/17/1464869...st-deportation

Hoping smarter people than Bannon prevail.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #750
MessiahDecoy123
Noble Savage

Why are they so passionate about getting rid of undocumented workers? All evidence suggest they're good for the local economy.

Could it be the racist neo nazi agenda to keep whites the biggest majority possible?

If these undocumented workers were German, Canadian or British would Republicans care?

Why would they?

Closed Thread