The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Default Re: The Official Christopher Reeve as Superman Appreciation Thread

yes. it still pisses me off that the 4 Horsemen over at Mattel want to make Reeve Superman Movie Masters figures,and Mattel has the rights and actor likenesses. just have to wait for Mattel to give the okay. which they haven't so far,besides the failed 12" line.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I think Reeve looked best in his roles in III and IV personally.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Physique wise, Chris Reeve was at his best in Superman III.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Physique wise, Chris Reeve was at his best in Superman III.

this. he completely filled the suit.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #30
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Superman and Superman 2 hold high place among my favorite comic book movies, when it comes to Superman's origin I admit liking Lois & Clark more because it lacks the time skip Superman 1 has from when he enters the fortress 'til he flies out of it as Superman the first time
I like Superman 3 as well
Quote:
Is it just me or does the Superman from The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians cartoon look like Christopher Reeve?
Chris Reeves looks like the way Curt Swan drew the character, this style looks inspired by Swan's Superman
Kinda natural to look like Reeves

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #31
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

From the Superman fanart thread, Chris in the MOS suit, which looks awesome on him by the way. Sorry can't remember who made it.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
I know we have the Hot Tous Chris Reeve Superman figure, I stll wish DC Direct / DC Collectibles would make a Christopher Reeve as Superman action figure.
Feels almost like some con game. On one side you have the ugly Mattel figure as the only cheap alternative to the other side, the $300 limited quantity import from China. There's no middle ground between quality and affordability/availability.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #33
Sivart

As much as I love Reeve playing Superman, I can't wait to see this new movie. I was a bit worried seeing Cavill play him. I didn't think he looked the part, but I am starting to like the way they made him look.

Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #34
Sivart

Quote:

From the Superman fanart thread, Chris in the MOS suit, which looks awesome on him by the way. Sorry can't remember who made it.
That is a pretty sweet pic.

Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #35
Caped Wonder
Newbie First Class

At some point I want to get one Superman statue or figure. This is the only one I'll ever need:

Last edited by Caped Wonder; 05-31-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Caped Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
src29
New User - Level 0

Hey guys wasn't sure where to put this but I though seeing as the thread was all about Christopher Reeve appreciation it was a good fit, as a project a few years ago and to kill some time I made a couple of Christopher Reeve videos which I would really love to get some feedback on from some real Superman fans. If you are interested in taking a look the links are below and if you enjoy them I am always looking for ideas for my next project so feel free to drop me a line with some suggestions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26nLrwCNuP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycsUvDU-bSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_99jfcujA

src29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #37
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Christopher Reeve will always be Superman to me.

I saw the first movie on tv when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was a magical experience to watch it as a little boy, it was exciting, funny, romantic and a little bit scary. It was THIS movie that made me really like the character. It was Christopher Reeve...

Reeve's Superman radiates a warmth that's lacking in the other guys portraying Superman (don't get me wrong, I think Routh and Cavill did great too). When you first see him in the Superman suit, saving Lois Lane, the people in the plane and the cat from the tree, you know that this guy cares about the people he's here to protect.

Everything he does in this movie is great, and believable. The way he changes personality when he's Clark Kent, his anger when confronting Luthor, the scene where he finds Lois dead... You can really feel his pain in that scene. And he never looks silly in the Superman costume, it looks so natural.

Some people ridicule this movie now that MOS is here, calling it campy and dated. I think they're wrong about that. There's a lot of humor in it, but when its serious, its serious. When I first saw it, the scene where Lex Luthor shoves that guy in front of the train scared me. It was so cold hearted. And he's going to kill millions of people by blowing them up. He even jokes about it... Man, what a jerk.

Cavill's Superman may have bigger muscles. But Reeve's Superman has the bigger heart. And even though Superman IV was a bad movie, I like this quote:

“The reason that I would want to do something like Superman IV is to offer up for children in America and everywhere else as a fun entertainment, which has an actual character at the center of it. That has a character who's caring, who loves people, who's considerate, who's a gentleman as a possible antidote to the Rambos and the Chuck Norrises and the Schwarzeneggers.”

One of the problems with Man of Steel was that it forgot the children, while Superman : The Movie and Superman II is safe for everyone to watch (unless you're afraid of flying). I like MOS, but it suffers from a common problem in todays movies... They make the heroes too flawed, they drag them down to our level. Heroes should be above us. We'll never be like them, but we they should inspire us all to try a little harder. The classic movie got that...

Thank you, Christopher Reeve.

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #38
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

DESPOP/Des Taylor's Reeve Superman:

Reeve Superman from the 75TH anniversary animated short.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #39
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Has anyone got the DC Comics Multiverse 3.75" Basic Figure, Superman 1978 from Mattel, based on Christopher Reeve as Superman yet?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #40
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

IMO This is the best pic of Reeve as Superman.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #41
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Reeve was at his physical peak during Superman III. He actually slimmed down for Superman IV.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote