Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: The Last of Us

I think I am almost done Right now I'm in Salt Lake City and fighting clickers

Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #552
BattleCat
Side-Kick

Just finished it, and what a masterpiece. Greatest game I've ever played, No contest.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #553
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Just finished as well. Not the funnest game I've ever played...but the emotional impacts I felt throughout the whole game...the acting, the storytelling, the characters, the graphics, the set pieces...and the rock solid gameplay...my god what a game. Just really a fantastic journey. It's truly a rewarding experience to be a gamer when a game like this comes around.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Last edited by Spider-X; 06-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #554
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I'm in the hotel. Boss fight. I have 2 Molotov cocktails, a smoke bomb, 2 nail bombs and 6 bullets.

I think I'm gonna go to bed now and put that ass kicking off till the weekend.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #555
Superhero 101
DESI

Just finished and all I can say is .... WOW!!! Amazing game!!! Congrats to naughty dawg for creating a masterpiece. I don't know where to begin the emotional impact this game gives is like nothing I have ever played before you feel so attached to these characters. The gameplay was solid but the AI was off a few times. The. Voice acting is top notch as well are the graphics and sound. The music in this game really sets the tone of the game. The endin was good but I thought could have been done better. All in all this game is a must have 10/10
I'll check out multiplayer toomorrow and maybe a second play through.

Last edited by Superhero 101; 06-21-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #556
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Just finished and all I can say is .... WOW!!! Amazing game!!! Congrats to naughty dawg for creating a masterpiece. I don't know where to begin the emotional impact this game gives is like nothing I have ever played before you feel so attached to these characters. The gameplay was solid but the AI was off a few times. The. Voice acting is top notch as well are the graphics and sound. The music in this game really sets the tone of the game. The endin was good but I thought could have been done better. All in all this game is a must have 10/10
I'll check out multiplayer toomorrow and maybe a second play through.
Damn im looking forward to getting home from work to night and having beginning this.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #557
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Finally finished this. It is amazing that both "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" came out months apart, because these are the type of games that don't come along often enough. Great gameplay, sublime level design, and characters I couldn't help but fall in love with. Booker, Ellie, Joel, Tess, and Elizabeth are the kind of characters you can't help but grow attached to imo.

It is games like "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" that make me weary when we talk about all these great "stories" and "characters" in games. These are so far in front in that regard, it is almost laughable. This is truly great storytelling, that carries you to the very last moment.

Infinite might be my favorite I have ever played, and "The Last of Us" I'd easily place alongside it at very top of my list of my absolute favorite games. Thank you Naughty Dog. Especially after Uncharted 3.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #558
Havok83
Side-Kick

Yay! It's the weekend again which means I can play for long stretches without having to worry about work too much. Monday pretty much killed the momentum I had with this game

Old 06-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #559
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I just started my Survivor difficulty playthrough tonight. It's freaking awesome. Like, hardly any supplies at all. It feels exactly as hard as the game should feel, I love it.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #560
Superhero 101
DESI

Wow I didn't know Nolan North was in this game I can't believe who he plays I couldn't even tell it was him.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #561
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Played it for about an hour this morning, wow talk about a punch in the chest to start it off! Really love walking around at the moment, trying to play it smart and not over use the gun.

Have they made it so the gun play isn't that great on purpose, to feel more real?!

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #562
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah although you can level up your aiming

Old 06-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #563
zenith16
Side-Kick

Well apparently there's a pod cast with the members of the design team( Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann) behind The Last Of Us on Vic's basement, that was just put up.

Just letting you know in case any of you are interested.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-21-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #564
craigdbfan
Banned User

An amazing game with one of the most heartfelt story of this gen. A wonderful sendoff to this gen of games. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson completely outdid themselves by the way.

Oh and that music.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #565
#1Batmanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
An amazing game with one of the most heartfelt story of this gen. A wonderful sendoff to this gen of games. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson completely outdid themselves by the way.

Oh and that music.
the soundtrack could win an oscar thats how good it was!!

#1 Clippers fan
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #566
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I just found out the director of this game, Bruce Straley, was the game director of Uncharted 2, but not Uncharted 1 or 3. It is all starting to seem so clear. Amy Henning, get out the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Oh and that music.
When you play games like this, The Witcher 2, Half-Life, and Bioshock, I just don't get how so many eat up the typical videogame fare in terms of story and storytelling. So many games attempt to be faux Hollywood or the ridiculous JRPG stuff. This is genuine, great storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Batmanfan View Post
the soundtrack could win an oscar thats how good it was!!
It is very good, but also very derivative.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #567
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I just started my Survivor difficulty playthrough tonight. It's freaking awesome. Like, hardly any supplies at all. It feels exactly as hard as the game should feel, I love it.
Totally agree. I thought the game might lose that constant tense feeling since I had beaten it and more or less know what to expect with the enemies but I love what they did with survivor mode.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #568
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Guys I need your opinion on this.

I just got the game but Im worried I wont be able to beat it cuz I am terrible at survival horror games.

So is the game forgiving at easy mode? Or is it still as hard.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #569
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Challenging but forgiving. Great autosave locations and plentiful supplies on easy difficulty would make it easy enough.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #570
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

So, I think I might get a chance to start playing this tonight. For my first playthrough, should I play on normal?

I don't mind hard games, for what it's worth.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #571
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Hard for sure. The Last Of Us is about tension and it isn't actually even that hard.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #572
Nathan

So I finally got the game today. This. So much this. It's ridiculous.

The AI can even bump into the enemy and nothing happens. But I? "Oh, did you just shift your weight? I'll be there in a second to rip out your throat."

Old 06-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #573
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So, I generally don't get into multiplayer anymore. But I figured...what the heck, i'll give it a try. And you know what? I really liked it! I'm having a blast. It's just like playing the single player only with real life enemy scavengers.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #574
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

The AI can even bump into the enemy and nothing happens. But I? "Oh, did you just shift your weight? I'll be there in a second to rip out your throat."
haha that's funny. And it's true...but it's also a good thing. I mean, would you really want your entire game to depend on the AI?

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #575
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

The AI is great when it comes to Joel but can be dumb when it comes to NPC. I was stealthing along with another character hiding out from the hunters and he ran out , right in front of them several times even bumping into them, yet they never reacted unless they saw me

BTW this game is LONG. Just a little past 12 hours and only 65% complete with the story. Its already much longer than any of the Uncharted games, which took me about 8 hours to complete on average the first time

Closed Thread