Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #701
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I could TOTALLY see it happening...
Kill off the hottest girl on the show who is the direct way in for the network's key demo? I highly doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

He looks really short.

Quote:
After this weeks ending and Felicity pointing out Ollie's obvious BS I figured her inevitable joining of the team wouldn't be far off, glad it's as soon as next week

Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 AM   #702
batdude
Side-Kick

It's actually debateable whether she's hotter than Willa but otherwise, I agree with you.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #703
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
It's actually debateable whether she's hotter than Willa but otherwise, I agree with you.
It's the geeky glasses giving her an unfair advantage. Give Willa a pair and then, we can revisit the issue.

Not sure of the context and I might be jumping the gun but looking at these pics:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It's a pet peeve of mine how shows sometimes equate 'smart' people as 'knowing everything'. Because medical expertise is completely in the same field as computer savviness [/sarcasm]. Hopefully, it's Diggle who is the one who's guiding Felicity, and not the other way around, since it at least makes a little more sense that a soldier might have some basic medical training.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #704
Ryder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
Does anyone think they shouldn't add "speedy" as his sidekick? I love the dynamic between Oliver and Diggle. I feel giving Oliver a legit sidekick would just take away from Diggle who's freaking awesome
That is the plan

Sorry, like Digs but Roy harper is Ollie's first and original partner, he is more than just a sidekick but his best friend, son/brother and partner . You wanted Green Arrow, well that were this is going. Its not some crime drama its a Green Arrow based show, and Roy is one of the most important character in the character's mythology. The show has to have some progression, Digs is a teacher but Ollie isnt always going to be a student forever, he will "graduate" and he will also become a teacher himself and be a leader to his team. Some characters will become more important later while others serve their purpose now, could then leave or have a diminished role.

Quote:
It's a pet peeve of mine how shows sometimes equate 'smart' people as 'knowing everything'. Because medical expertise is completely in the same field as computer savviness [/sarcasm]. Hopefully, it's Diggle who is the one who's guiding Felicity, and not the other way around, since it at least makes a little more sense that a soldier might have some basic medical training.
I think its Diggle doing the guiding too.

Last edited by Ryder; 02-01-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #705
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
The new female cop and Dig's sister-in-law ftw.

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #706
Monsieur Xavier
It's full of stars !

Quote:
The two of them are cute but one is a still a teenager and the other is a young woman.
If you are a teen Willa will be the hottest I think.
If you are 30+, Felicity will be the choice, no contest.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #707
Nathan

The b**chy attitude makes Willa really unattractive, so Felicity all the way.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #708
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Kill off the hottest girl on the show who is the direct way in for the network's key demo? I highly doubt it.
Yeah, writing a show ONLY for the demographic that spends most of their money on comicbooks....hmmmmm...not gonna pay the bills.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #709
batdude
Side-Kick

No, but it is one of the more guy oriented shows on that network.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #710
Sawyer
High King

Yeah, but I'm more inclined to think they'll stick around for the action element than for the fairly attractive younger sister with a terrible attitude.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #711
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yeah, writing a show ONLY for the demographic that spends most of their money on comicbooks....hmmmmm...not gonna pay the bills.
Hmm... anyone remember The Cape? Because that show was such a rip roaring success.

That strategy is highly risky and likely to fail. Especially on a network where said comic-book-reading demographic don't routinely hang out. On the other hand, the CW has branded itself to be a network that appeals to teens and young women. Hence, tailoring a show to draw in said group, who I might add has proven to be able to support shows on their own, while on that network really sounds like a smart thing to do if one plans to stick around. Especially when it doesn't directly derail or compromise the original vision of the story one wants to tell.

Last edited by mr. peasant; 02-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #712
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...arrow-revealed

Quote:
Roy Harper's Introduction to Arrow Revealed

by Spencer Perry
February 01, 2013

Warning: Potential spoilers for Arrow.

Last year, we reported that Oliver Queen's long time comic book side-kick Roy Harper would be making an appearance on The CW's Green Arrow TV series Arrow. Colton Haynes of "Teen Wolf: will be playing the character, who is described as "a street-savvy, teenager" from the "poverty-stricken portion of Starling City." He will also serve as a love interest for Thea Queen (Willa Holland), which makes sense given Thea bears Harper's nickname from the comic books ('Speedy').

We've now learned that Harper will appear in the 15th episode of the series, titled "Dodger," which airs on February 20, and will be introduced in a rather unorthodox way. You can read the episode description below:

Felicity tells Oliver he’s all work and no play, so he asks Detective McKenna (guest star Janina Gavankar) on a date. A jewel thief named Dodger (guest star James Callis) hits Starling City and targets someone very close to Oliver. Meanwhile, while working with Laurel, Thea gets her purse stolen by a very fast pickpocket named Roy Harper. Moira makes a move against Malcom.

It has yet to be revealed if Harper will ever team up with Queen like in the source material, but with an introduction like this, it stands to reason that he will meet 'the archer' soon enough.

Arrow airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

(Photo Credit: Brian To/WENN.com)

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #713
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Felicity tells Oliver he’s all work and no play, so he asks Detective McKenna on a date

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #714
Sawyer
High King

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #715
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Felicity tells Oliver he’s all work and no play
All work and no play makes Oliver a dull boy. All work and no play makes Oliver a dull boy. All work and no play makes Oliver a dull boy. All work and no play makes Oliver a dull boy. All work and no play makes Oliver a dull boy. All work and no play makes Oliver a dull boy.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #716
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm more inclined to think they'll stick around for the action element than for the fairly attractive younger sister with a terrible attitude.
Oh all right I just said I thought both Willa and Felicity are hot. The action's great too.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #717
Sawyer
High King

I was directing it more toward Hunter than anyone. "Kill off the hot girl?! NEVERRRRR!!!"

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #718
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I was actually talking about the networks core teen female demo, Willa is their way into the story from a relating POV, hence why all those wanting the stuff outside of action and mystery to be canned will be forever disappointed, this is not an F/X show where you forgo the niceties of human interaction in favour of gritty situation's and sharp adult dialogue.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #719
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I was actually talking about the networks core teen female demo, Willa is their way into the story from a relating POV, hence why all those wanting the stuff outside of action and mystery to be canned will be forever disappointed, this is not an F/X show where you forgo the niceties of human interaction in favour of gritty situation's and sharp adult dialogue.
In that case I'm pretty sure that demo is here for the dude that's allergic to wearing shirts.

I genuinely think they wouldn't care less if Thea died. But I could be wrong.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #720
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
In that case I'm pretty sure that demo is here for the dude that's allergic to wearing shirts.

I genuinely think they wouldn't care less if Thea died. But I could be wrong.
Is that also why Blake Lively and Leighton Meester's show was so popular and they got famous from it? Unless there is a character to put yourself in the shoes of it doesn't work, no matter how hot the opposite sex character is.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #721
Sawyer
High King

Yeah, that show was really killing it with it's weekly numbers of less than 1 million viewers this past season...

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #722
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

How many seasons has it had though? and who are the two people that got famous from it?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #723
Scarecrow_King
Perpetually Annoyed

I liked the Vertigo episode. It was a good departure from the name-on-the-list of the week formula that the show often follows.

I really hope Vertigo comes back with powers. It's a good way to transition the gritty, realistic, Nolan-Batman rip off the show is into it's own thing. Super villains would be a way to blend Nolanverse feel and the Smallville feel.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #724
protocida
Side-Kick

"Smallville feel"? That scares me.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #725
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Oliver needs to build a support team for his crusade against the super-villains, list or not, such as Diggle, Felicity Smoak, and perhaps soon Roy Harper if they make him a recurring character and not a one-shot.

Closed Thread