DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 3

R2-09.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #252
Doctor Jones
No One

I won't read that article but that article title sounds VERY interesting.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:14 AM   #253
sueb1863
Side-Kick

0_0

Old 03-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #254
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Rumor time.

Three Legacy planets that are runored to appear in the Sequel Trilogy, the True History of the Jedi, and Luke's Disheartening Discoveries about the corruption of the Ancient Jedi's beliefs and philosophy and the True Ancient History of the Jedi Order:

Read about these latest rumors at the link:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017...l-trilogy.html

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Hmmm, I had already guessed that we would see Mustafar again in Episode 8 or 9 so I hope thats true.

I didnt even really consider that Luke's Jedi Academy may have been on Tatooine. But I like the idea that he may have gone back to where he began or that there may have been an ancient Jedi Temple hidden on Tatooine similar to the one on Lothal.

As for the true history of the Jedi and the corruption of their original beliefs, that I dont doubt at all. It mskes a lot of sense given what we saw in the PT, Luke's search for the First Jedi Temple, and Kylo turning his back on the Jedi. Luke discovering that what he knew about the Jedi and what he believed was a corruption and a lie would definitely cause him and Kylo some emotional turmoil and strife. And it would have weakened Ben's resolve and allowed Snoke to jump in and increase Ben's distrust of the Jedi and Luke.

Hell, maybe thats why Kylo wanted to wipe out Luke's Jedi Academy. Because he saw it as a corruption and nothing but a continuation of the lies of the Jedi.

Wild speculation time. What if Snoke is an ancient Jedi or a former ancient Jedi that wants to eradicate the corrupted modern Jedi beliefs and philosophies. That would be one hell of a twist. Plus, it would be some crazy irony, if Snoke is the one that knows the answers and truth that Luke is looking for.
That was a really interesting article. Personally, of the planets listed, I don't care if we see Endor again. But I'd like to see Tatoonie and Mustafar.

Why is the Force connecting us, you and I?
Old 03-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #255
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
Luke will definitely confront Snoke at some point.
Yeah.

Not sure if anyone else is really badass enough for him to face.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #256
OtherwiseKnownAs
Knights of Ren

Quote:
Rumor time.

Three Legacy planets that are runored to appear in the Sequel Trilogy, the True History of the Jedi, and Luke's Disheartening Discoveries about the corruption of the Ancient Jedi's beliefs and philosophy and the True Ancient History of the Jedi Order:

Read about these latest rumors at the link:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017...l-trilogy.html

Hmmm, I had already guessed that we would see Mustafar again in Episode 8 or 9 so I hope thats true.

I didnt even really consider that Luke's Jedi Academy may have been on Tatooine. But I like the idea that he may have gone back to where he began or that there may have been an ancient Jedi Temple hidden on Tatooine similar to the one on Lothal.

As for the true history of the Jedi and the corruption of their original beliefs, that I dont doubt at all. It mskes a lot of sense given what we saw in the PT, Luke's search for the First Jedi Temple, and Kylo turning his back on the Jedi. Luke discovering that what he knew about the Jedi and what he believed was a corruption and a lie would definitely cause him and Kylo some emotional turmoil and strife. And it would have weakened Ben's resolve and allowed Snoke to jump in and increase Ben's distrust of the Jedi and Luke.

Hell, maybe thats why Kylo wanted to wipe out Luke's Jedi Academy. Because he saw it as a corruption and nothing but a continuation of the lies of the Jedi.

Wild speculation time. What if Snoke is an ancient Jedi or a former ancient Jedi that wants to eradicate the corrupted modern Jedi beliefs and philosophies. That would be one hell of a twist. Plus, it would be some crazy irony, if Snoke is the one that knows the answers and truth that Luke is looking for.
Likin' what I'm reading.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #257
venom892
Coming Home

I won't be reading the article, but if Luke was disheartened by what he learns of the Jedi, then perhaps he is the Last Jedi and Rey will be the start of something new.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #258
Iceman
Infinity War!

That's what I thought 'The Last Jedi' was referring to.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #259
Solidus
Knights of Ren

Be wary of things from SWN they are not fully reliable. Just FYI.

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 03-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #260
Lobo
Snow Wifey

So happy I've not read any rumors or spoilers. I want to go in as fresh as possible. After the trailer, I'll be a ghost.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #261
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Gonna be strong and not read the article for now... FOR NOW.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #262
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Bob Iger, The Walt Disney Company CEO & Chairman: “We’re starting talk about what could happen after Episode IX. About what could be another decade-and-a-half of Star Wars stories.” “When we bought Lucasfilm, we were going to make three films — Episodes VII, VIII and IX.” “We had to deal with tragedy at the end of 2016. Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it is in VIII. In Rogue One, we had some digital character. We are not doing that with Carrie.” (March 23, 2017)

Old 03-23-2017, 04:26 PM   #263
Marvolo
Side-Kick

That makes me think Leia was always going to die in TLJ.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #264
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Leia or Finn getting captured to motivate Rey made sense to me for VIII.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #265
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Bob Iger was discussing the Han Solo film and revealed a curious detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Iger
That picks up Han Solo when he was 18 years old and takes him through when he was 24...There were a few things that happened [that were] significant in Han Solo’s life, like acquiring a certain vehicle and meeting a certain Wookiee, that will happen in this film. But you’ll also discover how he got his name.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/more...i-revealed-184

So uh...I guess Han Solo isnt his real name. Its a name he chose for himself or was given in the 5 years before ANH.

Recently I have been toying with the idea that in Episode 8 we may find out at Han's funeral (if thats what the procession scene is) that Han was from a well-off aristocratic Corelian family and he ran off when he was a teen forsaking his birth right. Or something along those lines. Maybe something like that will be revealed in the Han Solo film. How do yall feel about Han Solo not being his real name? And how would yall feel about Han being from a wealthy or high profile Corellian family?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #266
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

The old idea in the Episode III draft was that Han was going to be an orphan raised by Chewbacca but obviously it never went anywhere beyond that and concept art.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #267
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
That makes me think Leia was always going to die in TLJ.
One of the big 3 going in each film might have been the plan all along.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #268
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Mark Hamill: “[The death of Carrie Fisher has] sort of cast a pall on — I mean, I thought, Episode VIII will have an air of melancholy about it that it doesn’t need or deserve. And I thought, selfishly, I just wanted her around because she was so much fun to be with.” (January 20, 2017)

He's under NDA but I don't know why he'd even bring it up if Leia the character was to die in the movie.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #269
venom892
Coming Home

I'm overjoyed to hear that episode 8 won't be altered due to Carrie's tragic death. I want to see Rian's vision unaltered. Just handle it in Episode 9.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #270
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Yeah, dont change Rian's vision, but to hell with Colin Trevorow's vision.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:40 PM   #271
venom892
Coming Home

I'll be honest, I'm not too excited with Trevorow being the episode 9 director. Jurassic World was bland as hell.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #272
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Trevorow stories me as a bit of a ROTJ situation, wherein the final movie's director is a quite a bit less autonomous than usual, and is called on more to properly execute the producer's ideas than anything else. It would line up with the middle film being the risk taker compared to the first film being an "establishing" movie, since Johnson seems to have the same comparable freedom that Kershner and Kasdan did with ESB and Abrams was clearly focused first and foremost on reestablishing ANH magic in TFA.

Plus, y'know, people look at him and see JW $$$.

On that rumor about Luke:
I could see them revealing that Luke discovered the OJO's dogma got in the way of their "gospel," as it were, with their overt focus and constant emphasis on serenity and a lack of emotions corrupting some of their believes, and poisoning some of their practices, particularly in regards to their approach to families and recruiting baby members. Maybe he even discovers that the Sith's creed originally belonged to the very first Jedi, albeit modified to compliment the classic Jedi Code, something like

"There is peace,
There is passion,
There is the Force.

There is no ignorance,
There is knowledge.
With knowledge,
There is power.

Through power,
Through peace,
Through passion,
The chains are broken:

There is no death,
There is the Force."

Or something less cheesy than that. But the idea would still be to establish that the ascetic, emotionless, and totally unattached Jedi ideal that Mace Windu and Yoda believed in during the Clone Wars is a folly. That true peace AND power are found by controlling your passion and feeding it so that it becomes COMPASSION, and while for some that is found in solitude, for others that's found in love and attachment with discipline. Maybe even arguments over the original doctrine created the Jedi and Sith schism.

And maybe it shook Luke because even after proving OJO dogma wrong by retraining his father to the light, he then tried to embrace it, and it kind of screwed him and his order up, particularly Ben. Heck, for all we know, it's possible that Luke discovered that attachments can be very much a good thing to be encouraged only after intentionally keeping some emotional distance with Ben, and maybe even after, say, losing a love interest he had a complicated relationship with whom he thinks died about 12 years before Ben become Kylo.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #273
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Jedi Holocron (Marvel's Star Wars #9): (to Luke Skywalker) "Once we were brothers in the Force. But From the Hundred-Year Darkness were born the Sith."

Old 03-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #274
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

I'm glad Rian's version won't be touched. I'm almost dreading Colin's as it is because Jurassic World is trash. Is it too late for him to drop out?

That being said, if Leia dies in TLJ, I don't know how I'll handle that. I'll probably lose it in the theater.

Why is the Force connecting us, you and I?
Old 03-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #275
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

The trades FWIW reported that Leia's role in VIII is supposed to be bigger than VII and that Leia's role in IX was supposed to be bigger than either previous movie.

Closed Thread