The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Old Today, 03:59 AM   #676
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

that's sort of the short summary. That's what the movie is about. Considering the true answer and payoff, I found it all pretty rewarding.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:04 AM   #677
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

The problem is you essentially give away the movie if you say anymore.

My Etsy store. SHH members get a discount. :) https://www.etsy.com/shop/JMCGraphics

Artwork and Manip Videos: https://www.youtube.com/fanartexhibit

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 AM   #678
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Not exactly the most enticing of plot summaries.
The first one's is a band of misfits must band together in order to stop an evil warlord from destroying the galaxy.

Hardly revolutionary stuff if you put it that way. But there's much more to it beyond the surface.

Quote:
The problem is you essentially give away the movie if you say anymore.
Exactly. And I'm glad I went in knowing just that. That Peter would reunite with his father, who is played by Kurt Russell. That's it. I only watched each main trailer once or twice, and didn't read anything about the movie.

-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:17 AM   #679
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

I just saw this yesterday, the beginning really aims for kids and was kind of grating on my nerves (I'm not at all against making movies enjoyable for children, but not to the point of annoying adult audience). Overall it was a alright movie, definitely not as good as the first one.

That being said I'm already on my way to see it second time.

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #680
Sleiek
Side-Kick

3 days after it sunk in, it certainly isn't my favorite marvel movie. This is why I shouldn't listen to audience testing before the release. But I am not into comedic tones anyway, so I had my expectations down. Certainly a beautiful/colorful film with quite a few jokes I actually laughed for. Some jokes were too much. Peter/mom drama emotion from GotG1 worked better than the one in this one.

This movie, if you think about it, is really one violent film but it comes across as a harmless one. It's one hell of an achievement.