The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-04-2015, 03:33 AM   #851
Leenie
Imperator

Default Re: Dragonball HQ

I recently watched Battle of Gods and the first two episodes of Dragonball Super. I might actually see Resurrection F in theaters this week, too.

I loved Battle of Gods, and the first two episodes of Super were very entertaining (especially the Vegeta family vacation one ).

I have to say, as a Sailor Moon fan, I am both happy for and jealous of the Dragonball fans. Your series is getting a shiny and clever show that's been a gift for old fans (especially the second episode of Super; it was a total fanservice episode for all of the best reasons). You also have pretty awesome new movies as well. Sailor Moon fans got grade-A crap with Crystal. :P

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #852
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Whenever I feel like consistency I just watch the show in Japanese. I saw all the movies after the first three and gt in Japanese first. I ordered 2 VHS tapes from ebay a long time ago. I recently watched the new versions of movie 13. They changed Tapion's song in the English version. It is still there in the Japanese one though.

I am going tonight to see Resurrection F. I have seen the movie already but this will be the first time I have seen any Dragon Ball in a theatre. The bootleg I saw reminded me of when I used to watch dbz on the Spanish channel. The episodes were uncut. I had seen the episodes so many times in English that it didn't matter what language they were in. It is funny that the Spanish and Japanese ones were uncut but the English ones were edited.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:35 PM   #853
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Just got back from the movie. It was sold out. There was only a quick promo for some more funimation shows and the attack on titan movie. There was a cool little video of the funimation voice actors talking about their characters. Then there was a trivia game with the actors about different characters. The one that got most people was about Frieza and Whis.
"How many planets did Frieza conquer before coming to Namek."
"What was the food Whis liked the best?" (Don't remember the exact wording of this one)
"Which universe is Beerus the god of destruction?" (What universe number is the question)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
79 planets
Whis liked Sushi
Beerus is the god of destruction for the 7th universe

Last edited by misjuevos; 08-05-2015 at 11:34 AM.
misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:05 AM   #854
cabel
Side-Kick

Been trying to see it but showings have been sold out, had to use fandango for the first time to get me a seat for Saturday morning.

cabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:49 PM   #855
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel View Post
Been trying to see it but showings have been sold out, had to use fandango for the first time to get me a seat for Saturday morning.
I suggest going early. We got to the theater about an 1hr and a half early, so we could walk around the mall. I am glad I asked the guy in the front if we could get in right now. He said yeah no other movies were playing so it was empty and opened already. We went in and there were already 20 people in there. It filled up fast. People had to look around for seats when there was still 1hr till it started. Go early and see if you can get in right then. This is a limited showing and it will fill up fast.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #856
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

Episode 5 proving this arc is even more superfluous. Lets retell the movie but make it look 10 times uglier.

DBZ had more than its share of poor animation, but this was something else

Old 08-11-2015, 06:20 AM   #857
Nathan

I wonder if it'll actually look better once it hits Blu-ray. Wasn't that the same deal with the newest Sailor Moon anime? They didn't really bother with the animation when the show was broadcasted on TV, but once it was out on Blu-ray, the animation was suddenly a lot better.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #858
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

Could be. I hope so. They did the same with Puella Magi Madoka Magica, though that was mainly background detailing, nothing like this.

Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #859
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

With the way that Japan's current animation standards are and the rate at which artists are paid (I had actually just read something on this the day before), I'm not surprised the animation for that fight sequence was so shoddy.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #860
Orb
Lord of Demons

Episode 6 was a VAST improvement and I loved it. The events were pretty different compared to BOG with some key scenes intact. If future episodes are like this, I dont mind the retelling because I actually found this better. This made it for me:

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #861
Nathan

Watched the latest Episode of Dragon Ball Super. **** just got real.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #862
Leenie
Imperator

There have been some animation hiccups in Super, but at least it hasn't been consistently bad like Sailor Moon Crystal. The story and heart in Dragonball Super is much better, too.

Vegeta has always been my favorite character in Dragonball, so of course I've been really enjoying the episodes in Super so far. The inevitable "Goku arrives to save the day" is coming soon, though ... I mean, I know it's going to happen as always, but as I've grown up, I've grown to really can't stand Goku. Goku is adorable as a kid in Dragonball, but I hate him as an adult. He ain't cute anymore. :P

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
Old 08-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #863
Orb
Lord of Demons

Soo which did it better?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Or
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #864
Nathan

I like both. But I think I just slightly like the Super version more, because it makes Vegeta look totally unhinged. Like it's the single worst thing you could ever do, and he's going to tear your neck from your shoulders, in a ****ing blood rage.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #865
Leenie
Imperator

I like both ... But I liked how Battle of Gods did it better.

Super would have gotten more points if Vegeta had physically tried to stop Beerus from slapping Bulma. I thought the "Don't do it!" stuff was kind of dragged out, and I was thinking, "Go try to stop him, then!" It wasn't bad, but I do prefer the initial shock of what happened in Battle of Gods.

(9) Batman (89)
Old 08-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #866
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

I like the BotG version better, but that look Whis has in Super is priceless.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote