The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #151
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,377
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Actually, since her and Sansa have always been at odds with eachother, I am hoping that Arya will start to train Sansa, and hopefully they will bond over that.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And who knows, maybe Gendry will come back and Sansa will see that Arya has a fondness for him, so she can return the favor by helping Arya be more lady like and try to win his heart.
I'd actually argue that individual probably doesn't need to see Arya act as a "lady" to be attracted to her if they wanted to suggest a romance there. It would kind of go against her nature to do so. If anything, I kind of suspect that Arya would be the pursuer in that hypothetical scenario, if we account for his awkwardness towards her upon realizing her status.

__________________
"OH, SNAP!" INFINITY WAR PODCAST! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=410621429
THE FORCE AWAKENS VS THE LAST JEDI! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
BLACK PANTHER PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=406994785
TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #152
Fist of Khonshu
Side-Kick
 
Fist of Khonshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 608
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
there aren't many people on this show who haven't murdered someone lol
There's lots of characters who haven't murdered someone (in the show) if one really stops and thinks it through: Shireen, Kinvara, Talisa, Robin, Quaithe, Myrcella, Tommen, practically all the maesters, most of the servants, etc. etc. fifty names or more.


Last edited by Fist of Khonshu; 08-11-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Fist of Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #153
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,734
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

And I guess a fair number of the kills aren't really murders if they happen in wars or in defence.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #154
Warhorse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 141
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This will sound horrible but... Why? Literally they shared like, what... One? Two scenes together from season one? Yeah, he gave her Needle. Yeah they hugged mightily. But let's not pretend it was this deep brother/sister relationship we witnessed.
I thought they established that they were the closest of all the siblings when Jon went out of his way to make her a sword, and the way she hugged him back.

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #155
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,734
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Also a fair part of the relationship between various Starks is implied as all of them only get a few scenes together before being separated.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:00 AM   #156
Fist of Khonshu
Side-Kick
 
Fist of Khonshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 608
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

I've been taking a closer look at Arya's new weapon, the mysterious Valyrian steel dagger used by the catspaw assassin against Bran back in Season One.



I don't believe that this is the same blade which Littlefinger put to Ned Stark's throat as that one seems to be a more straight knife and he evidently got the Valyrian blade back from Ned's office after his arrest.



Ser Rodrik said that it had a dragonbone handle. Here's a prop replica:



In the Season 7 opener, an illustration of this dagger was shown in the Citadel library book about dragonglass. Before turning the page to the map of Dragonstone, Sam lingered on this page:



The text on that page reads as follows:

"The Valyrians were familiar with dragonglass long before they came to Westeros. They called it "z?rtys perzys" which translated to “frozen fire” in Valyrian and eastern tales tell of how their dragons would thaw the stone with dragonflame until it became molten and malleable. The Valyrians then used it to build their strange monuments and building without seams and joints of our modern castles.

"When Aegon the conqueror forged his Seven Kingdoms, he and his descendants would often decorate their blades with dragonglass feeling a kinship with the stone. The royal fashion for dragonglass ornamentation soon spread throughout the Seven Kingdoms to those wealthy enough to affod it. Hilts and pommels were and are the most common decoration for dragonglass if too brittle to make a useful crossguard. Indeed, its very brittleness is what relegate it to the great houses and the most successful merchants."


The drawing is labeled figure "21" but there is no reference specifically to this dagger or its illustration in the text on that page.

So is the handle actually dragonbone, or is it dragonglass melted down and poured into a handle mold or around a core? The main gem looks like a ruby, but the two or three smaller round gems are black and may be obsidian/dragonglass.

They made a point of showing it to us in the book, and Arya has it for some special reason. She doesn't need it to kill people as her own weapons and arts are sufficient for that.

SPECULATION:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A Valyrian blade like this can puncture the breastplate of the Mountain should Arya wish to leap on him (just as she did Meryn Trant) and stab him in the heart, and/or she is meant to fight the White Walkers with it. Would a weapon made of Valyrian Steel and dragonglass be twice as potent against a White Walker? Could this then be the bane of the Night King?
Save
Save


Last edited by Fist of Khonshu; 08-12-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Fist of Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #157
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Also a fair part of the relationship between various Starks is implied as all of them only get a few scenes together before being separated.
Exactly. there was only 1 episode in which they were all together. But it left a strong impression. Like we felt their closeness when they spoke of it. Maybe it helps with regard to the novels, but for me I felt Jon/Arya were like the same person. That's how close.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #158
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,377
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Arya carrying around a gift from Jon through most of the series and very specifically retreiving it from people who take it acted as a reminder of how their bond in particular.

__________________
"OH, SNAP!" INFINITY WAR PODCAST! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=410621429
THE FORCE AWAKENS VS THE LAST JEDI! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
BLACK PANTHER PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=406994785
TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #159
Warhorse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 141
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I'd actually argue that individual probably doesn't need to see Arya act as a "lady" to be attracted to her if they wanted to suggest a romance there. It would kind of go against her nature to do so. If anything, I kind of suspect that Arya would be the pursuer in that hypothetical scenario, if we account for his awkwardness towards her upon realizing her status.
I agree, he wouldn't care what she looked like, he already had a fondness for her because of her spirit. It's just, you know girls. For some reason, I keep feeling like there might be a gathering/party/feast, whatever, and she wants to try and impress him, and so we might get a moment of Arya similar to Hermione's at the Yule Ball, or Sandy at the end of Grease, and it could be cute to see Sansa be the one to help. Game of Thrones has shown that events and time make people change. Arya was once this cute little girl, but now has turned into a cold blooded assassin, and her going home might be what saves whatever humanity she has left. Sandor Clegane started out as a protector of King Joffery, to being a man who only thinks of himself, to now willing to face fire to fight for a greater cause. People change, and sometimes, people just want to experiment a little, so I see no harm done if Arya wants to look pretty for someone for one night.

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #160
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,377
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I agree, he wouldn't care what she looked like, he already had a fondness for her because of her spirit. It's just, you know girls. For some reason, I keep feeling like there might be a gathering/party/feast, whatever, and she wants to try and impress him, and so we might get a moment of Arya similar to Hermione's at the Yule Ball, or Sandy at the end of Grease, and it could be cute to see Sansa be the one to help. Game of Thrones has shown that events and time make people change. Arya was once this cute little girl, but now has turned into a cold blooded assassin, and her going home might be what saves whatever humanity she has left. Sandor Clegane started out as a protector of King Joffery, to being a man who only thinks of himself, to now willing to face fire to fight for a greater cause. People change, and sometimes, people just want to experiment a little, so I see no harm done if Arya wants to look pretty for someone for one night.
"Prettying up" feels totally fine. I don't think she'd act different, but I can see her going for a visual attack strategy.

Though, now I'd want to see that particular possible suitor forced through a Snow Eye for the Bastard Guy thing with Jon:

"You've got to work on your brooding game."

"My what?"

"Your brooding game. It's the secret ingredient to my patented 'Snow Smolder.' You've got to look like someone just killed your dog, not just once, but everyday for your whole life. You've got to find the most dramatic cliff to stand on, stare off into the distance, and ponder the futility of your existence alongside your dedication to fighting the good fight in spite of all the pain and sufferin' you know will inevitably envelope you."

"...I don't if I'm ready for this."

"Too bad. I'm already leery of letting you court my sister. I'm not letting you disappoint her."

__________________
"OH, SNAP!" INFINITY WAR PODCAST! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=410621429
THE FORCE AWAKENS VS THE LAST JEDI! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
BLACK PANTHER PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=406994785
TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #161
Warhorse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 141
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
"Prettying up" feels totally fine. I don't think she'd act different, but I can see her going for a visual attack strategy.

Though, now I'd want to see that particular possible suitor forced through a Snow Eye for the Bastard Guy thing with Jon:

"You've got to work on your brooding game."

"My what?"

"Your brooding game. It's the secret ingredient to my patented 'Snow Smolder.' You've got to look like someone just killed your dog, not just once, but everyday for your whole life. You've got to find the most dramatic cliff to stand on, stare off into the distance, and ponder the futility of your existence alongside your dedication to fighting the good fight in spite of all the pain and sufferin' you know will inevitably envelope you."

"...I don't if I'm ready for this."

"Too bad. I'm already leery of letting you court my sister. I'm not letting you disappoint her."
Heh, and if Sir Davos is still with Jon, now that will be a pretty interesting story. Will Davos spill the beans on how stupid teenage boys can be, or will he be silent about it?

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #162
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 3,267
Default Re: ''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist of Khonshu View Post
I've been taking a closer look at Arya's new weapon, the mysterious Valyrian steel dagger used by the catspaw assassin against Bran back in Season One.



I don't believe that this is the same blade which Littlefinger put to Ned Stark's throat as that one seems to be a more straight knife and he evidently got the Valyrian blade back from Ned's office after his arrest.



Ser Rodrik said that it had a dragonbone handle. Here's a prop replica:



In the Season 7 opener, an illustration of this dagger was shown in the Citadel library book about dragonglass. Before turning the page to the map of Dragonstone, Sam lingered on this page:



The text on that page reads as follows:

"The Valyrians were familiar with dragonglass long before they came to Westeros. They called it "z?rtys perzys" which translated to “frozen fire” in Valyrian and eastern tales tell of how their dragons would thaw the stone with dragonflame until it became molten and malleable. The Valyrians then used it to build their strange monuments and building without seams and joints of our modern castles.

"When Aegon the conqueror forged his Seven Kingdoms, he and his descendants would often decorate their blades with dragonglass feeling a kinship with the stone. The royal fashion for dragonglass ornamentation soon spread throughout the Seven Kingdoms to those wealthy enough to affod it. Hilts and pommels were and are the most common decoration for dragonglass if too brittle to make a useful crossguard. Indeed, its very brittleness is what relegate it to the great houses and the most successful merchants."


The drawing is labeled figure "21" but there is no reference specifically to this dagger or its illustration in the text on that page.

So is the handle actually dragonbone, or is it dragonglass melted down and poured into a handle mold or around a core? The main gem looks like a ruby, but the two or three smaller round gems are black and may be obsidian/dragonglass.

They made a point of showing it to us in the book, and Arya has it for some special reason. She doesn't need it to kill people as her own weapons and arts are sufficient for that.

SPECULATION:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A Valyrian blade like this can puncture the breastplate of the Mountain should Arya wish to leap on him (just as she did Meryn Trant) and stab him in the heart, and/or she is meant to fight the White Walkers with it. Would a weapon made of Valyrian Steel and dragonglass be twice as potent against a White Walker? Could this then be the bane of the Night King?
Save
Save
The events are a bit shady to me, but you think Bran can touch an object and immediately find out it's history, such as Littlefinger holding the dagger against Ned's neck, and this is what spurred Bran into saying "Chaos is a ladder!"

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.