3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #26
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Episode 3.22 "Make It Reign" (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I like Miss Tessmacher's new role that separates her from the original movies version. I'm not sure about the spoilers about Lena going insane and experimenting on people as there is no lead-up to it.
I'm beginning to suspect Lena going "full mad scientist" by experimenting on people was a gross exaggeration made by the person relaying the spoilers, and we'll probably get a scene of her using a human in an experiment, but it won't be as dramatic as they made it out to be, and she won't be "crazy" or "mad" in any way. Crossing an ethical line and going too far in the name of progress or saving the world? Sure. But she'll still be the same person we've gotten to know over the course of two seasons.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Last edited by flickchick85; 06-11-2018 at 10:26 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #27
misslane38
Side-Kick

Ruby dropped the thing on purpose. It was a distraction so the agent could grab the blood.

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #28
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Ruby dropped the thing on purpose. It was a distraction so the agent could grab the blood.
Oh was it really? LOL, I totally missed that. Guess that's what re-watches are for.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #29
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

And yet he still dies...lame.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #30
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Looks like the spoilers about Superman and Cat Grant also didn't come true either.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:45 PM   #31
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Looks like the spoilers about Superman and Cat Grant also didn't come true either.
As I mentioned several weeks ago when the newer, accurate spoilers came out, that rumor was from a totally different source and unlikely to have been true.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:35 AM   #32
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Selena was the big bad in the movie, played by Faye Dunaway. But she wasn't a Kryptonian. She was a witch who came into possession of the Omegahedron which enhanced her powers.

But since they're doing Argo (which was in the movie) and they have someone named Selena, then it can't be a coincidence.

They should have the Omegahedron be the power source for Argo, as it was in the film, instead of this black rock. I can't remember what they did with it though after Season 1.
Yeah, I caught the homages to Supergirl the movie as well. Next week's episode looks like its gonna be a wink and a knod to Man of Steel .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:08 AM   #33
SSAV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
So.....Sam and her daughter are hidden behind forcefield that baddie can't see through and doesn't know they are in it.....so of course the daughter has to reach for random object for no reason what so ever so that she can drop it and make a noise alerting baddie where they are.....of course that happened........
She was trying to distract the Kryptonian so that the other guy could steal the blood away. It was not a stupid move.

What Kara did didn't make sense. I have no idea why she threw the blood at Selena. May be they should have had some exposition about how the blood cannot be randomly destroyed or something.

The direction was off this episode especially the Argo parts. Didn't understand what happened with the explosion.
And at DEO: Why did they all just stand around when those women were blasting that guy? How is it that Kara seems to forget her superspeed every other episode?

I did actually like Kara introducing Alex to Alura but I think it should have been left to a more peaceful time. Still, considering Alex is very important to Kara, it seemed natural for her to be excited to have Alura meet her.

I'd have liked to know how they'd deal with Eliza and Alura meeting.

Winn seems overly distraught over something that would have happened anyways, belt or no belt. He is taking too much responsibility here.

Last edited by SSAV; 06-12-2018 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Edited to remove rudeness.
SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #34
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

This was a decent episode but the mostly scientific inconsistencies are annoying.

We are always all over the map as to how debilitating kryptonite is depending on the needs of the plot. Also, Kara didn't seem mad at Alex for using it on the baddies or having it around.

All over the map also on the effects of yellow sun. Kara, Mon-El and Alura jump back to Earth and are instantly powered.

Winn's new buddy ends up being a red shirt. Obvious from the jump.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #35
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
So.....Sam and her daughter are hidden behind forcefield that baddie can't see through and doesn't know they are in it.....so of course the daughter has to reach for random object for no reason what so ever so that she can drop it and make a noise alerting baddie where they are.....of course that happened........

That was a distraction. She saw 'Asian Hottie' going for something and gave him a moment to do it. ( and I know others have already pointed that out, but I wanted to use 'Asian Hottie' quoted in a sentence...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I get why they didn't do it throughout the season for budget/time reasons, but you know, this would've been the PERFECT opportunity to give us Reign in a more comics-accurate form for the finale.

This!! I was really hoping to have Odette in full Reign make-up! Would have been the Balz!

Agree that the directing of that explosion scene in Serena's lab was too jumpy. And how was Kara able to find the way in so quickly? She just walked up to a random building she had never been too before and touched a random panel. Presto-entranso!

And when Alura said her father had been working on a mat-trans, I was imagining something other than the previous device, which would make portals of that design pretty standard across the galaxy apparently. Missed the opportunity to make something cool and Kryptonian.

Love having Alura on her Earth, and in that classic-looking, elegant supersuit! What a MIL--- hottie... I really hope they have her kick butt, but also must wonder how these Kryptonians, so new to these powers, use them so effectively so quickly.

In the very first episode, Kara had trouble flying even though she had done it years before, but they are doing as easy as walking.

As for Sam, I'm really hoping she comes back all Kryptonian and Super Woman! Of course, if they did that they might have her sacrifice herself and die anyway, which would leave Ruby in Alex's care and give Alex no reason to go to an adoption agency.

Last edited by Thome216; 06-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #36
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Another episode that took forever to get going.

The Jonn stuff was heartfelt.

Reign been recreated in a pit of fire was cool, definitely a nod to Nuclear Man.

How about instead of standing there yelling “NOOOOO” Supergirl actually ****ing moves and tries to save Demos.

Also why on earth did she chuck the blood towards them? It was just so stupid.

Like we knew the Withes of Eastwick wouldn’t kill Coville, come on . I did like the way they used the Superman II line though.

Given what’s occurring I guess they have a valid excuse as to why Superman isn’t there. He’ll be busy saving people in Metropolis.

All in all though another disappointing episode. The finale better deliver.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #37
misslane38
Side-Kick

What's irritated me the most with the last several episodes is how repetitive they've been in some respects. There's only so many false victories one can experience before it starts to feel like crying wolf. As I watched the episode yesterday, I couldn't get invested in any of the drama because I've grown so accustomed to the good guys thinking they've won only to realize very soon afterward that they haven't.

It doesn't help that the side plots repeat themselves for the most part too, and Kara seems so cut off. She's barely had any interaction or impact on any of her friends' lives. It's been left to James, Lena, and Alex to be sources of hope and companionship to regular people in need.

I hope the finale rises above all of this and sets up the show for an improved fourth season, because this one has been a mess as far as I'm concerned.

misslane38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #38
SSAV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
This was a decent episode but the mostly scientific inconsistencies are annoying.

We are always all over the map as to how debilitating kryptonite is depending on the needs of the plot. Also, Kara didn't seem mad at Alex for using it on the baddies or having it around.

All over the map also on the effects of yellow sun. Kara, Mon-El and Alura jump back to Earth and are instantly powered.

Winn's new buddy ends up being a red shirt. Obvious from the jump.
I have seen other people make this argument in other forums. But, I do not understand it.

How is that inconsistent? Kara has always trusted Alex and the DEO with Kryptonite as far back as Season 1. It is Lena that she doesn't trust with Kryptonite. (Or, may be she reacted that way because of the surprise considering she doesn't have any issue with black kryptonite.)

Even in the episode where she fights with Lena about it, she doesn't say, give the Kryptonite back to me. She says hand it over to Alex.

You may not agree with her point of view or even the writing (I agree that writing has been very weird), but that part at least has not been inconsistent.

And... this is not the first time Kara has forgiven Alex for something she would not forgive others for. When she thought J'onn killed Astra she was willing to break off all her dealings with the DEO; but when she found out it was Alex, she trusted that Alex may have had her reasons; and anyways, forgave her without question.

So, it is baffling to me that people compare how she treats Alex and how she treats anyone else to say she is inconsistent. Weird that somehow people are equating sister who has been with me for years and have looked out for me with a friend of a year or so.

Last edited by SSAV; 06-12-2018 at 11:42 PM.
SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:42 AM   #39
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
What's irritated me the most with the last several episodes is how repetitive they've been in some respects. There's only so many false victories one can experience before it starts to feel like crying wolf. As I watched the episode yesterday, I couldn't get invested in any of the drama because I've grown so accustomed to the good guys thinking they've won only to realize very soon afterward that they haven't.

It doesn't help that the side plots repeat themselves for the most part too, and Kara seems so cut off. She's barely had any interaction or impact on any of her friends' lives. It's been left to James, Lena, and Alex to be sources of hope and companionship to regular people in need.

I hope the finale rises above all of this and sets up the show for an improved fourth season, because this one has been a mess as far as I'm concerned.
Yes you hit the nail on the head there

I do literally think you could have merged a lot of episodes this season cause they’re so similar. The last three especially.

I agree we really need them to deliver for season four. There’s only been one episode that’s really stood out to me this season and that was Midvale.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #40
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

What we will likely see next week (my speculation, no spoiler) is that Sam's machinations in that other dimension will save the day at the cost of her own life. This will go down as all of the other heroes are occupied and largely powerless to stop things. Either that or J'onn's father sacrificing himself.

This is similar to Camille's mind reading being a major factor in stopping Devoe on Flash. It's always an outside force from an ancillary character that is insrumental in defeating the big bad.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #41
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
What we will likely see next week (my speculation, no spoiler) is that Sam's machinations in that other dimension will save the day at the cost of her own life. This will go down as all of the other heroes are occupied and largely powerless to stop things. Either that or J'onn's father sacrificing himself.

This is similar to Camille's mind reading being a major factor in stopping Devoe on Flash. It's always an outside force from an ancillary character that is insrumental in defeating the big bad.

Which I kind of like. To have the hero always come up with the saving play can get pretty boring. They are team and it is fitting that the Team comes through sometimes when the main hero can't.

But yet, with a little more originality please.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #42
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I liked the J'onn stuff. Was hoping they could show more/better Mars footage.

The witches' plan for the world reminded me too much of Zod's plan in Man of Steel but even worse.

Wasn't expecting Demos to die. Thought he was just gonna smash the blood vials on the floor or something.

Didn't understand why Supergirl didn't just destroy the blood in her own hands.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #43
portace

I think the Supergirl crew has a bet to see who can suck the most at their job. Started off as trash..now I don't know what it is. They've gone full retard.

portace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #44
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

When did magic enter the equation? Because when they mentioned being protected by magic, I was like wtf?

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #45
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
When did magic enter the equation?
3x17, Supergirl talked about the 3 witches and how the eclipse was not science, but "dark Kryptonian magic," which Lena had a hard time accepting.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:19 AM   #46
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I wish Selena acquired the Omegahedron and stuck around for season 4 as the big bad. They could redeem the movie.

Also anyone wonder if Alura might die at the end of the season? Of course that would start off season 4 with Kara in a dark place again and we don't need to see that.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #47
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
Which I kind of like. To have the hero always come up with the saving play can get pretty boring. They are team and it is fitting that the Team comes through sometimes when the main hero can't.

But yet, with a little more originality please.
You must love The Flash then, or as it should be titled, 'Iris'.

Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer the titular character saving the day over a 'special guest star'.