The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #326
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Default Re: The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
She could lift some weights to bulk up.
Hell, I'd even be willing to volunteer to let her bench press me a few times.
I dont know, its hard for naturally skinny people to bulk up much, I know they get all the best advice in their line of work, but I would still find it hard to believe Mila could kick someones arse personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
But we also need someone who can act their way out of a tube sock, which Beil can't.
Biel isnt as bad as people make out, she was one of the few good things in the Total Recall remake, and she is getting plaudits for her work in hitchcock. I think she would be a great Gamora.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #327
Project862006
Banned User

jamie alexander is'nt exactly an award winning thespian and she was a good sif

biel would be fine

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #328
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

^Exactly, I actually think Biel could pull it off, she has the body, the looks, and her acting has gotten better over the years.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #329
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I dont know, its hard for naturally skinny people to bulk up much, I know they get all the best advice in their line of work, but I would still find it hard to believe Mila could kick someones arse personally.

Biel isnt as bad as people make out, she was one of the few good things in the Total Recall remake, and she is getting plaudits for her work in hitchcock. I think she would be a great Gamora.
She's literally the least inspired choice you could come up with. She's the female Triple H as Thor/ John Cena as Captain America choice.

No. A million times no.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #330
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
She's literally the least inspired choice you could come up with. She's the female Triple H as Thor/ John Cena as Captain America choice.

No. A million times no.
Eh, I think there is some hyperbole here. Biel, while not a great actress, still has a long and varied resume and is really not analagous to HHH or Cena, who are both wrestlers. Now, that said I still like Kunis for this and even though she is pretty petite I think she would be a terrific choice for Gamora.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #331
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I don't think petite needs to be a problem. Tom Cruise is a goddamn shrimp, and he's made a long and lucrative career out of walking tall and being a badass. Hollywood has a cherished history of making short people look much bigger and tougher than they are in real life.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #332
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
I don't think petite needs to be a problem. Tom Cruise is a goddamn shrimp, and he's made a long and lucrative career out of walking tall and being a badass. Hollywood has a cherished history of making short people look much bigger and tougher than they are in real life.
Also Gamora has superhuman strength and healing factor. It's not like being 5'9" 160 would suddenly gift anybody with those powers. When you have more outlandish powers, I think the size of the actor stops to matter as much.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #333
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

OTOH, to be fair, it helps with credibility if you at least look athletic. Whatever her actual height and weight, the actress should look like someone who does regular intense physical activity.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #334
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I saw Legion, she was supposed to be heavily pregnant and not good looking is still one of the farthest away things i would use to describe her. I'm not saying you should find her stunning, she wouldnt even make my top 20, possibly top 50, but ugly she is not.

If you find her ugly you have some mighty high standards.
unfortunately, I am VERY picky when it comes to women

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #335
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Hell, yes.
She can certainly be vicious enough; she's a proven actress with lots of range; and the greater portion of the male population of this planet consider her one of the sexiest women alive. Plus, I personally give her some geek cred, too --- she's a regular contributor to Robot Chicken; she's been in video games; plays in movies like Max Payne, Book of Eli, and Oz the Great and Powerful....

I think Marvel would hit the jackpot with her as Gamora.
Quote:
She has the perfect attitude for Gamora. She might be a little short for Gams, but I don't think your average fan knows how tall Gamora is, or will notice...just like they didn't notice 5'8"-5'9" Jeremy Renner playing 6'3" Hawkeye.
I'm sold then guys lol. I'd love to see her in the role

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #336
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:

No. A million times no.
Please, Biel has a thousand times more acting chops than Triple H or John Cena, hell, she probably has done more action roles, at least notable ones, she is no were near as bad as a wrestler. If you dont like her fine, but she is far better at acting than any wrestler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
unfortunately, I am VERY picky when it comes to women
Fair enough, who am I to argue? I wouldnt complaint if got home one night and Palicki was waiting naked for me in my room though, far from it.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #337
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
OTOH, to be fair, it helps with credibility if you at least look athletic. Whatever her actual height and weight, the actress should look like someone who does regular intense physical activity.
Well, the easy answer to that is for her to do those 7 day a week, work out till you puke work outs that Chris Evans did in preparation. She was willing to lose a ton of weight for Black Swan, it's not like she'll back down from a challenge to go the other way (gain 15 lbs of muscle.)

Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #338
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Well, the easy answer to that is for her to do those 7 day a week, work out till you puke work outs that Chris Evans did in preparation. She was willing to lose a ton of weight for Black Swan, it's not like she'll back down from a challenge to go the other way (gain 15 lbs of muscle.)
yeah, Chris Evans seems like a naturally fit guy though. He just naturally seems to have a solid, in shape physique, cellular, fantastic four. It's interesting cause he said he had to work his ass off for cap. Hopefully he's a bit bigger in Captain America 2, I really can't wait to see that.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #339
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
yeah, Chris Evans seems like a naturally fit guy though. He just naturally seems to have a solid, in shape physique, cellular, fantastic four. It's interesting cause he said he had to work his ass off for cap. Hopefully he's a bit bigger in Captain America 2, I really can't wait to see that.
True. But still, there was a bit of a compromise to have Chris Evans play Captain America vs. having someone who is the physical embodiment of Cap play him. Same with Thor. In both cases it's someone a bit leaner, and a bit more baby faced playing rock jawed, body builder-esque pillars of comic book masculinity.

Certain concessions had to be made in order to get someone who could pull off the role dramatically. I think Gamora is enough of a blank slate even in the minds of fans that Mila Kunis in heels with a heavy work out routine would be considered "acceptable." Her comedic timing is great, she can pull off drama, and she'd bring a certain star-power that many of the choices wouldn't.

Last edited by KangConquers; 01-24-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #340
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Gotcha. Yeah, that works, you have completely swayed me

Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #341
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Thumbs up Re: The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

Quote:
Gotcha. Yeah, that works, you have completely swayed me
Cool.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #342
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Great.
Now go and sway the casting director for GOTG to get Mila in this, and we're golden.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #343
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
I suspect he had to do that because of the transformation scene, where he had to be nearly naked.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #344
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
True. But still, there was a bit of a compromise to have Chris Evans play Captain America vs. having someone who is the physical embodiment of Cap play him. Same with Thor. In both cases it's someone a bit leaner, and a bit more baby faced playing rock jawed, body builder-esque pillars of comic book masculinity.

Certain concessions had to be made in order to get someone who could pull off the role dramatically. I think Gamora is enough of a blank slate even in the minds of fans that Mila Kunis in heels with a heavy work out routine would be considered "acceptable." Her comedic timing is great, she can pull off drama, and she'd bring a certain star-power that many of the choices wouldn't.
What's funny is that [given the Oz rumours about her role] if Kunis were Gamora she'd be playing a 2nd green-skinned character with black hair.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #345
Project862006
Banned User

what about Olga Kurylenko

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #346
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I would love either Olga or Berenice Marlohe in the role. I think Gamora could do with that exotic quality.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #347
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
(Andrew) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY casting continues! We have heard exclusively that casting for Gamora is underway, with actresses Adrianne Palicki (G.I. Joe: Retaliation), Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation), Rachel Nichols (G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra), and Rosario Dawson (Sin City) in the running to play the character. These actresses are not necessarily on Marvel's radar, but they are going to audition. Which of these actresses would you cast as Gamora?
As per the MCU Facebook.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #348
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Don't really like Rosario Dawson for Gamora. Any of the others I'd be okay with I guess. Well, maybe Moon Bloodgood less so.

If Rachel Nichols gets it, that will be the second time she's covered in green body paint.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #349
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Dawson as Gamora.

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #350
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Don't really like Rosario Dawson for Gamora. Any of the others I'd be okay with I guess. Well, maybe Moon Bloodgood less so.

If Rachel Nichols gets it, that will be the second time she's covered in green body paint.
That may be why she got picked.

"Resume credentials: Extensive experience in the field of being a half-naked green-skinned alien chick"