The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 12-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #26
meanmc
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one....

Old thread, but i was always wondering myself, why the IM2 movie gets so much criticism...

Maybe the movie was not as good as the first one, but it was still a great movie. Tony Stark (RDJ) was awsome, and personally i liked Hammer - i think he had to play his role leaning towards Starks attitude! Therefore he also joked around - would not have worked in a different way!

I do not have any issues with the movie and like to watch it!

meanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #27
John Venus
Newbie First Class

It wasn't a bad movie. It just felt like they shot a rough draft of a movie and then decided to call it a day.

The movie doesn't have a real story arc. How could you have a story where Tony is dying and not capitalize on Pepper and Rodey's reactions? There are some great ideas for story arcs but it's not well executed.

However, Favreau knows how to hire performers and crafting scenes which are endlessly re watchable. The overall movie may not have been great but I always get a kick out of watching the suit case armor scene and Hammer's weapons demo.

Favreau had some good ideas and they were on the right track towards improving IM's rouges gallery. I think we would have gotten a movie that's on the same level as the first IM if he had been allowed more time to really develop his ideas.

John Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #28
Incredible Hans
I'm always hungry!

I don't know why IM2 gets so much hate. I really liked it.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 AM   #29
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
It wasn't a bad movie. It just felt like they shot a rough draft of a movie and then decided to call it a day.

The movie doesn't have a real story arc. How could you have a story where Tony is dying and not capitalize on Pepper and Rodey's reactions? There are some great ideas for story arcs but it's not well executed.

However, Favreau knows how to hire performers and crafting scenes which are endlessly re watchable. The overall movie may not have been great but I always get a kick out of watching the suit case armor scene and Hammer's weapons demo.

Favreau had some good ideas and they were on the right track towards improving IM's rouges gallery. I think we would have gotten a movie that's on the same level as the first IM if he had been allowed more time to really develop his ideas.
You nailed it right there.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:01 AM   #30
Steamteck
Side-Kick

It wasn't as good as the first one but improves for me on repeated viewings. If i watch after IM3 , it seems like the finest film I've ever seen.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 AM   #31
wampa1
Side-Kick

Black Widow was her most Black Widowy in Iron Man 2. I also prefer her look in this movie to all her other appearances.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #32
Chris B
Side-Kick

It's decent film, but I do think that it is Marvel's weakest movie thus far. Which pains me to say as an Iron Man fan. It had the elements to have been just as good as IM1 I think, but unfortunately it just didn't come together.

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:30 AM   #33
crapcom
Banned User

The Black Widow in IM2 was awesome.

crapcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #34
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I like this movie enough to give it 8/10 on joy level.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #35
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

OOH! I did. I liked IM2. Not my favorite MCU movie mind you, but it's good. I love Vanko and I love Hammer. I even like all the added SHIELD content.

Also, while I find IM1 to be an overall better film, Iron Man 2 made up for one thing that Iron Man 1 seriously lacked. That final action sequence. IM/WM vs Hammer drones was fckn amazing. Way better than any action scene in IM1.

Both are better than IM3. Also both are better than the Thor franchise to date.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #36
FrozenBanana00
Side-Kick

I love any movie with RDJ. But I thought Iron Man 2 was good, funny but not as good as the first one. I think that goes for the series. I love all the movies for the action and cause I’m a huge Iron Man fan at the best of times.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #37
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Jon Favreau and the cast were still at their A-game. But the script was just poor. I don't dislike it, but I don't think it really works, either.

-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #38
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Iron Man 2 has been quickly written off as a failure but it's far from it. It's a largely successful, if uneven movie that doesn't quite reach the dizzying heights of its predecessor. If this or Thor 2 are regarded as the worst Marvels ever made then that just speaks to the strength of their filmography as neither of those movies are awful.

Now characters such as the X-Men and the Fantastic Four can come home to the place where they belong. It’s vitally important to have the Marvel characters under one roof. And now, as great as they were before, I can’t wait to see the wonders that will unfold!
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:46 AM   #39
Gotham Marvel
Banned User

It's an enjoyable film... a fun ride; take it for what it is.
I like the fact that there isn't much tension. In some ways, it's a
breath of fresh air. Especially now.

Gotham Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #40
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

When I first saw it I was pretty underwhelmed, but I own all three Iron Man films and having watched them several times I'll take IM2 over IM3 any day. IM1 is still my favourite though.

Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:33 AM   #41
TX85
Banned User

Just watched it and I definetly still like it more than IM3! Whiplash being miss/underused is my only major problem with it

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote