The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Jessica Jones

Old 10-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #226
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Since Marvel already have the directors selected for JJ S2, why hasn't Defenders started filming yet? Iron Fist already wrapped and Defenders was supposed to start filming this year.
If I remember correctly, there was a facebook chat/interview with Colter and I think Finn also popped up and it was mentioned that Defenders would start filming about 3 weeks or so after Iron Fist wrapped up filming - which I believe puts it starting roughly sometime the beginning of November

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:01 PM   #227
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Since Marvel already have the directors selected for JJ S2, why hasn't Defenders started filming yet? Iron Fist already wrapped and Defenders was supposed to start filming this year.
Do they have the directors for season two or have they just announced that, when they are hired, they'll be all female?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #228
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
If I remember correctly, there was a facebook chat/interview with Colter and I think Finn also popped up and it was mentioned that Defenders would start filming about 3 weeks or so after Iron Fist wrapped up filming - which I believe puts it starting roughly sometime the beginning of November
Since Defenders is only 8 episodes as opposed to 13, this hopefully means that Defenders will have a shorter time in production. It's around eleven to twelve months from the start of production for a 13 episode season to release so I'm guessing that it's going to only be seven or eight months before Defenders hits. Next year's schedule is presumably going to be like this.

Iron Fist - March
Defenders - June
Punisher - October

And in 2018, I feel like Marvel are going to stick to three a year

Jessica Jones - March
Daredevil - July
Luke Cage - November

And there is no way that Luke Cage isn't getting renewed after if broke Netflix.

And as for where I see Jessica? I feel like Defenders is going to see Alias Investigations bought out by Rand-Meachum and renamed Heroes for Hire but Daredevil, Elektra and Punisher are all going to work solo. They'll be there to reform the Defenders if need be... but the remnants of the team (Jessica, Luke, Danny, Misty and Colleen) are now officially the Heroes for Hire. Hogarth will be supervising the team while Danny only makes a cameo since he's busy running the company. Since it's confirmed that Season 2 will focus heavily on supporting characters, I feel like it'll be a de facto Daughters of the Dragon series in Season 2.

And the part about Jessica still dealing with the trauma of not only being abused by Killgrave but also killing him makes me feel like she's going to head to therapy and that's where I think that Karla Sofen is going to join the MCU. We know that Chitauri tech has been used to create new weapons. We know that the Dark Elves presumably also left remnants. It wouldn't surprise me if the Godstone somehow is already on Earth.

And as far as subplots go, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 2 has a love triangle where Jessica and Luke start dating again but Jessica is also dating Scott Lang and we see Paul Rudd guest star for a few episodes only for the final episode to be Luke and Jessica's wedding.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #229
The_Manhunter
BvS Fan

Quote:
Since Defenders is only 8 episodes as opposed to 13, this hopefully means that Defenders will have a shorter time in production. It's around eleven to twelve months from the start of production for a 13 episode season to release so I'm guessing that it's going to only be seven or eight months before Defenders hits. Next year's schedule is presumably going to be like this.

Iron Fist - March
Defenders - June
Punisher - October

And in 2018, I feel like Marvel are going to stick to three a year

Jessica Jones - March
Daredevil - July
Luke Cage - November

And there is no way that Luke Cage isn't getting renewed after if broke Netflix.

And as for where I see Jessica? I feel like Defenders is going to see Alias Investigations bought out by Rand-Meachum and renamed Heroes for Hire but Daredevil, Elektra and Punisher are all going to work solo. They'll be there to reform the Defenders if need be... but the remnants of the team (Jessica, Luke, Danny, Misty and Colleen) are now officially the Heroes for Hire. Hogarth will be supervising the team while Danny only makes a cameo since he's busy running the company. Since it's confirmed that Season 2 will focus heavily on supporting characters, I feel like it'll be a de facto Daughters of the Dragon series in Season 2.

And the part about Jessica still dealing with the trauma of not only being abused by Killgrave but also killing him makes me feel like she's going to head to therapy and that's where I think that Karla Sofen is going to join the MCU. We know that Chitauri tech has been used to create new weapons. We know that the Dark Elves presumably also left remnants. It wouldn't surprise me if the Godstone somehow is already on Earth.

And as far as subplots go, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 2 has a love triangle where Jessica and Luke start dating again but Jessica is also dating Scott Lang and we see Paul Rudd guest star for a few episodes only for the final episode to be Luke and Jessica's wedding.
I hope Cage S2 is actually a Heroes for Hire show. Would be something different.

Really like your idea of Scott being in JJ S2.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #230
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Wait, just realized that this show is called "aka Jessica jones" in the opening sequence. I thought they changed that title once it left abc? I haven't seen it referred as that anywhere else.

#STOPAVI2017
#ENDSONY2017
Flint Marko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:48 AM   #231
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

It was briefly referred to as that in the promotions before they changed their mind (I think this subforum actually called it that as well for a time). They wanted to capture the title of Alias without confusing it for Alias. But, in the end, any name besides "Jessica Jones" would be cumbersome.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:57 AM   #232
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

I believe the blu ray is now available on Amazon. I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone at the moment.

#STOPAVI2017
#ENDSONY2017
Old 12-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #233
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
I believe the blu ray is now available on Amazon. I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone at the moment.
It's out here in the U.K already, bought it a few weeks ago just not had a chance to watch the BD yet.

1)Logan-9.5(2)John Wick 2-8(3)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(4)Ghost In The Shell-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #234
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

None of the Marvel TV Blu-ray sets have any extras at all. In other words, there's really no point in getting the Blu-ray sets unless you don't have a Netflix account or you are a hardcore Blu-ray collector.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 AM   #235
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Well, the quality is a bit better than you can stream it for. But I do agree it's for collecting, not for any extras.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #236
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Yeah I'm just a completionist and would like to own the entirety of the MCU on blu-ray.

#STOPAVI2017
#ENDSONY2017
Old 01-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #237
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Well, the quality is a bit better than you can stream it for. But I do agree it's for collecting, not for any extras.
Yeah, but now another format is emerging for Blu-ray with Ultra HD Blu-ray and what have you.

But if it's a matter of quality, collecting the sets and not owning a Netflix account to watch it whenever, yeah I can see it.

At the same time, it makes no sense to me why there is no effort at all for these sets to have extras. It seems that's a dying breed as well.

- CM Punk
Old 01-04-2017, 05:42 AM   #238
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Physical media is declining. Usually, the method is to polish it up and make it truly special to own for collectors. But I can see the opposite take (why spend more than we have to on this if so few are going to buy it?).

Old 01-05-2017, 03:22 AM   #239
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah it is declining, but it's still sad IMHO

- CM Punk
Old 03-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #240
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

With all the talk of how good Jessica Henwick is in Iron Fist, I'd love it if JJ Season 2 becomes a de facto Daughters of the Dragon series with Jessica, Misty and Colleen working together.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #241
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

so who could be credible adversaries for season 2? Make up someone new? Reinvent an existing villain?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #242
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Reinvent an existing villain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Superia as a villain. Seeing Jessica match wits with a genius feminist villain could be interesting.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #243
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Given what they hinted at, I'd be partial to the Power Broker and some form of the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation. Lets you mix together all the worst most seedy parts of alternative "medicine" and underground sports. If you want to be really bleak, play up how even the victims are willing(?) participants, because there's always someone willing to mortgage their own future health to get some fame and money now ( *coughconcussionscough* ).

Though I'd be inclined to have it not a simple straightforward "Bring down the Evil Power Broker" plot. Rather, this entire milieu would be a world in which Jessica must navigate, in order to achieve some more specific goal. Say, finding a missing person, whose trail leads to the UCWF. Finding out the secret to how they vanished is complicated, because *everyone* involved is keeping secrets. And its not a problem that can be simplified by just "bringing in the cops", because everything easy to show is also in the range of "not definitively illegal".

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #244
chicagodave
Side-Kick

Looks like season 2 production has started http://www.cbr.com/jessica-jones-season-2-filming/

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #245
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Awesome, can't wait for this, first season was great

1)Logan-9.5(2)John Wick 2-8(3)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(4)Ghost In The Shell-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #246
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Reinvent an existing villain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Superia as a villain. Seeing Jessica match wits with a genius feminist villain could be interesting.
I doubt that it will be Superia since she's way too dated for today's tastes. I feel like Songbird or Moonstone would work and if Marvel could resist killing her so she could appear in Daredevil, I'd really like Typhoid.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #247
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So Defenders has finished production since they've moved onto Jessica Jones?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:50 AM   #248
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So Defenders has finished production since they've moved onto Jessica Jones?
Yep. There was social media posts about the Defenders wrap party a couple weeks ago.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #249
Slick
Yup

Glad season 2 is finally getting started. I still can't believe there was a 2-3 year wait.

Last edited by Slick; 04-04-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #250
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Glad season 2 is finally getting started. I still can't believe there was a 2-3 year wait.
I wished they had the ability to have 4 seasons year, a season for a season. I just want more.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote