The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Cyborg > Cyborg

Old 02-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #26
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

Default Re: Should this just be a Teen Titans movie instead?

I kind of want both a titans movie and a cyborg solo preceeding it. whether or not this happens will hinge on if he's a stand-out character in JL. I think there's a good chance he will be, considering all the info we got after the JL set visits. the fact that his armor morphs, gets bigger, more heavily weaponized ect. he sounds like a powerhouse and a character audiences could love to bits.

GothamBat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #27
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Count me in the "Cyborg movie should be the Titans movie" team. Much more interested in seeing him forming and leading a teen Titans film. I feel very much the same way about Gambit. Not all characters need a solo.

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #28
Marvelboi92
Banned User

Weren't there rumors that this movie was canceled? Titans would be better

Marvelboi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #29
samsnee
Side-Kick

It should be canceled.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #30
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelboi92 View Post
Weren't there rumors that this movie was canceled? Titans would be better
Yes there were. In fact the rumours were that it was to be replaced by a Titans movie and that Cyborg would instead feature heavier in the Flash solo movie than originally intended.

Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #31
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

I'm not a huge Cyborg fan. The only time I really found him interesting was in Flashpoint. I'm not a massive Titans fan either but of the two that's what I'd rather see.

Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 AM   #32
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

I am hesitant as I really want Cyborg to be given a fair shake and he can't if this is just turned into a Titans movie so I'd rather it be more of a Nightwing, Cyborg, Titans order where Nightwing serves to introduce Nightwing and would be akin to MoS, Cyborg would act like a BvSDoJ where we get a limited roster of the Titans coming on my pick would be Nightwing, Cyborg, and Starfire and it would detail Koriand'r's arrival to earth with Nightwing and Cyborg dealing with the situations as the rest of the league are busy, ending with a proper Titans movie where we get the addition of other members like Raven, Beast Boy, and 1 more with Blood serving as the villain pursuing Raven for her connection to Trigon so that he can bring him across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.

Last edited by TheRedWraith; 03-18-2017 at 03:46 PM.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #33
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

JL seems like it will focus a lot on Cyborg thematically. That and judging from the reports and descriptions I read, his powers are a lot cooler than I ever thought they were. His power-set alone with him growing extra arms, arm canons, getting bigger in battle mode and the suit metamorphosing is enough to get me intrigued about a solo film. If they make him a sufficiently compelling, dramatic character who's genuinely likable then I'm sold and I can see it doing well at the BO.

GothamBat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:10 AM   #34
Mz. Hyde
Side-Kick

I think WB might be a little concerned about the message it sends if the only Justice League member to not get their own movie is the black one. But, at the end of the day, they're a company, so money comes before social statements. If the character isn't well received after the first Justice League film, I wouldn't be surprised if the movie gets scrapped.

I would love to see a Titans movie though, even in additional to a solo Cyborg film. And if he's gone and founded his own team, that could open up a spot on the JL roster for another member to join.

Mz. Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:01 PM   #35
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think we should wait and see what the JL film does with Cy before dismissing his solo film. For one, Cy could connect with the audience in a way the other characters don't. It seems that the mission is personal as well as being about protecting the planet. Could be a well done arc or Ray delivers a good performance as Victor.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: THE LAST JEDI TRAILER, JUSTICE LEAGUE TRAILER and THOR RAGNAROK clips.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #36
KidFlash6969
Side-Kick

I think you make a movie that primarily features Cyborg like how Guardians of the Galaxy primarily features Peter Quill.

You show him meeting Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven and Nightwing individually and bringing them together as the clear team leader.

I mean, whether its a titans movie or not Cyborg will have some supporting cast, you might as well make them characters like Beast Boy

KidFlash6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #37
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Yes

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2) The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3) Man of Steel 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) The Dark Knight 6) Doctor Strange 7) Wonder Woman 8) Captain America: Civil War 9) The Dark Knight Rises 10) The Avengers 11) Thor: The Dark World 12) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 13) Iron Man 14) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 15) X-Men: Days of Future Past 16) Thor 17) Batman Begins 18) Logan 19) Ant-Man 20) Iron Man 2 21) Suicide Squad
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote