Lets discuss it.......

0604854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #2
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Default Re: Venom Movie

It's going to be a major catastrophe.

Avi Arad strikes again.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
SatsuiNoJXA
Super Nintendo!

SatsuiNoJXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #4
mclay18
Side-Kick

Sony should've booted Arad from the Spider-Man franchise completely. Avi taints everything he touches.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
SatsuiNoJXA
Super Nintendo!

I don't understand why Sony is even allowing him near anything regarding Spider-Man related productions

Old 03-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
2kt09
Here 'N' There

If they can do it R, good or bad, sure.
If not, frick' off.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #7
SatsuiNoJXA
Super Nintendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
If they can do it R, good or bad, sure.
If not, frick' off.
Sony is clearly gonna try to jump the bandwagon due to Deadpool and Logan.

It's so weirdly but conveniently timed, ain't it?

"Let's just get our Venom movie going out of nowhere! We won't post pre production news or give people a heads up! But let's get it going this time and get an R Rating! Why? Because it's the thing to do now! We will be successful by getting an R rating and get the fans back!"

Old 03-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #8
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsuiNoJXA View Post
It's the rating they should be pushing for that Valiant universe they supposedly plan on doing. I can only imagine they're making sure this is a test run for that.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #9
SatsuiNoJXA
Super Nintendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
It's the rating they should be pushing for that Valiant universe they supposedly plan on doing. I can only imagine they're making sure this is a test run for that.
Well they better hope they get this right. That's all I can say.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
dkamphaus43
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsuiNoJXA View Post
If that's really the reason why, then talk about stupid! Because the idiot currently in charge at Sony is the same idiot who tried to block Deadpool from being made back when he was in charge at Fox.

dkamphaus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:52 AM   #11
SatsuiNoJXA
Super Nintendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamphausd1 View Post
If that's really the reason why, then talk about stupid! Because the idiot currently in charge at Sony is the same idiot who tried to block Deadpool from being made back when he was in charge at Fox.
Oh how karma has come full circle!
Now he wants to cash in on the Rated R cow!

Old 03-23-2017, 12:45 AM   #12
Hello2016
Side-Kick

If Sony goes with an R, I hope Sony will do something similar to a very general sort of idea I had a while back including the vault, Jury, and 5 symbiotes on this thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post34683209

Perhaps there are much better angles they'll take.

Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #13
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

this reeks of Rothman...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #14
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I just don't get what it would be? Would it be set years later where Eddie Brock (assuming they go with Eddie Brock) is already Venom and has a past history with Spider-Man? Or would it be a Catwoman deal where it's unconnected (well mainly)? Just seems strange, cause I take it they can't use Spider-Man.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Spider-Man is their property so they can use him if need be.

#SpiderManPS4Hype
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #16
Darepool
superhero artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBenParker View Post
Serious question, do you really think Sony would use Spider-Man if Marvel wasn't on board with having another Spider-Man on the screen? And when I say Spider-Man I'm talking Peter Parker....Would love to hear your answer and how you don't think it would undermine the relationship they just forged with Feige & co.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #17
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBenParker View Post
I admit I don't know the ins and outs of the Sony/Disney deal on that one. But you'd have to think that Disney wouldn't want two versions of a Peter Parker Spider-Man out there or even there Spider-Man appearing on non Disney/MCU movies. There must be some clause in the contract preventing either of those scenarios.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #18
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Why can't they use Tom Holland? They still have the rights to sm just sharing him with marvel. Marvel might not have any input in a venom movie but that shouldn't rule tom having a role.

Hovefully brock will appear in sm homecoming as a small role. That would put peoples fears at rest.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #19
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Why can't they use Tom Holland? They still have the rights to sm just sharing him with marvel. Marvel might not have any input in a venom movie but that shouldn't rule tom having a role.

Hovefully brock will appear in sm homecoming as a small role. That would put peoples fears at rest.
Well I assume Tom Holland is contracted to Disney/Marvel not Sony so there's that.

I think only way he appears is if Disney/Marvel allow it. I think if they had him at the start for like an intro thing to set up who a Venom is etc that would be cool.

Actually thinking they might not need him to do some flashbacks, just have someone in the Spider-Man costume, both black and original to set the story up.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #20
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I admit I don't know the ins and outs of the Sony/Disney deal on that one. But you'd have to think that Disney wouldn't want two versions of a Peter Parker Spider-Man out there or even there Spider-Man appearing on non Disney/MCU movies. There must be some clause in the contract preventing either of those scenarios.
The two Quicksilvers were agreed on by Marvel and Fox, and if there's anything, Marvel and Sony are on better terms than Marvel/Fox nowadays so I don't see it being an issue. Sony is also releasing their own animated film with Miles.

If Sony's Spider-Man would be a mere cameo to set up Venom properly, it'd probably be fine.

Who really knows, though? I'm just going off the narrative that Sony, specifically Arad and Tolmach who hold Spidey near and dear, wouldn't be so foolish not to have a Venom with no connection to (a) Spider-Man whatsoever.

#SpiderManPS4Hype
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #21
Darepool
superhero artist

Sony is going to kick off a Venom film with some Joe Shmoe in a costume....That might get a pass from Marvel, but I'd bet they'd still be against it. I'm sure the 'fans' would love it too considering that in just 10 minutes of CW we got the most popular on-screen incarnation of Peter/Spidey to date, so the question would be why can't they do the same here. Because it's not part of the MCU and Marvel has no creative control so will not allow some rogue outfit to be a part of their carefully constructed film universe.

Last edited by Darepool; 03-27-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Darepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:07 AM   #22
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Perhaps Marvel is working with Sony on this to a degree... (Aquaman pushed themselves back from Venom slot is interesting but probably not related).

Most likely will be different timelines or something. I'm guessing they'll just allude to Spiderman (bring in more audience perhaps) and let fans speculate perhaps how connects to the current MCU version or not if they're inclined to then maybe in sequel answering some of these questions more concretely (perhaps a future spiderman like 2099 or something saying based on an original or something like that to keep things separate).

Who knows though... Will be interesting to find out more.

Edit: Is confusing how Sony is making a SilverSable/Black Cat movie too. First glance that seems like a tougher sell but 2nd glance those characters at least may be seen as totally separate characters (perhaps not Black Cat but Silver Sable did have own comic series for a time). A teamup though seems be referencing Spiderman even more though but interesting learn more on this as well.

Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:33 AM   #23
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
Sony is going to kick off a Venom film with some Joe Shmoe in a costume....That might get a pass from Marvel, but I'd bet they'd still be against it. I'm sure the 'fans' would love it too considering that in just 10 minutes of CW we got the most popular on-screen incarnation of Peter/Spidey to date, so the question would be why can't they do the same here. Because it's not part of the MCU and Marvel has no creative control so will not allow some rogue outfit to be a part of their carefully constructed film universe.
That's debatable, I would argue that Maguire's Spider-Man is still the most popular of the three.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:25 AM   #24
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
Serious question, do you really think Sony would use Spider-Man if Marvel wasn't on board with having another Spider-Man on the screen? And when I say Spider-Man I'm talking Peter Parker....Would love to hear your answer and how you don't think it would undermine the relationship they just forged with Feige & co.
Sony is now in the hands of Tom Rothman - the guy who screwed up the FF at Fox - and I don't think he cares about the relationship with Marvel that was forged by his predecessor...

Also the deal with Marvel allows Marvel use Spider-Man in some of their movie and gives access of Marvel characters to Sony [Iron Man in SM:HC] - I don't think Sony needs Marvel's permission to use Spider-Man how they see fit - Sony does own the rights after all...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #25
Darepool
superhero artist

Oh he cares about the relationship, don't kid yourself, that relationship is the salvation of this studio at this point. The CEO of Sony acknowledged they made a mistake in selling the licensing rights to the character, so Tom won't last long if he alienates this new anticipated relationship with Marvel for some cockeyed universe that no fan really wants in the current framework they have chosen to operate in.