The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 03-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #176
idiot09
Kicks side

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjcwjkk View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I would never say somebody didn't genuinely dislike the film, but I feel like some people may have jumped on the hate or terrible movie bandwagon. Seems like every DCEU article I see on Facebook, when you go to the comments section, a bunch of people immediately jump down Snyder and BvS' throat. It does feel like some peopl just really enjoy trashing the film, maybe they enjoy riling up the people who like it, or they can't stand the fact that somebody actually enjoyed it, or they think the fans are just being "fanboys" and deluding themselves into thinking it's good. Go find any DCEU article on social media and scroll the comments, you'll see somebody starting an argument about how bad it sucked. I'm not saying everybody, and maybe I'm wrong. But it seems like, even in a lot of articles about future BvS films, the author even can't help but throw in a few jabs at BvS.

I can understand being disappointed or not liking the characterization or feeling like it had too many flaws to be considered good, but I don't really get the way some people act like the whole movie is garbage. I like to think I'm pretty open and unbiased and can understand people's critiques when you have a very vocal criticism of a film, so to me it just goes a little too far, and that makes me feel like people (who genuinely didn't like the movie) are getting swept away in the tide to thinking it's just an innately terrible film.

And I could be completely wrong, I'm not making a definitive statement, just that's the way I perceive it.
Completely agreed.

Quote:

It just makes it kind of a downer, because it's hard to participate in the excitement and anticipation for upcoming films, with so much negativity directed at every turn. And it worries me that the studios are hearing all this and changing their plans mid stream, when I really liked where they were going with the universe, and we may all end up with a lower quality product. For example, did the studio mess with Suicide Squad in a way that we all ended up with a lesser film? No way of really knowing, I suppose
I agree with this too. I have stated in the JL thread that this is my worry too. However speaking of, you should come around in the JL section. Its less doom and gloom there, and occasionally we have some productive discussion. Occasionally. Most of the time its just random chit chat, but still a cool place for someone who likes these movies to hang around. Atleast it is now.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:21 AM   #177
batfreakforever
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
And, it doesn't bother me what anybody else thought about the film, if they thought it sucked. I know I loved it and there's movies others love that I just don't see any redeeming qualities in. But even now, BvS probably has way more threads than any other singular movie, and people still show up to repeat the same criticisms. Normally I'd say I don't understand why anybody would devote so much time and thought to something they hated, rather than move on. But, I suppose in this case I can understand, because of people's love for the characters and the expectations of seeing them together on the big screen. And I think part of the reason we still have so much debate is because the movie did take risks and was so different, but a lot of people just focus on the perceived mistakes.

It just makes it kind of a downer, because it's hard to participate in the excitement and anticipation for upcoming films, with so much negativity directed at every turn. And it worries me that the studios are hearing all this and changing their plans mid stream, when I really liked where they were going with the universe, and we may all end up with a lower quality product. For example, did the studio mess with Suicide Squad in a way that we all ended up with a lesser film? No way of really knowing, I suppose
I only listen to offical interviews from cast and crew and dont care for BS before the film or after. Alot really is BS and we can't really know if most or any of the info is true. Click bait is for suckers who want to believe in negative BS to further their own negative views on the films.

Man of Steel was a hit no matter what others want to believe thats why WB continued from there.

Zac is the man in charge no matter what. Like it or hate it. It is the truth.

BvS was a hit. Not as big as what WB would of liked but doesnt every studio like their film to hit beyond 1 billion with ease. It was 120 or so million below. Not my investment. Not my money. Its not my problem.
Reviews are a matter of opinion and I loved it so they dont matter.

I did my part. I paid and I happened to even love it anyway.
Im getting sequels so its not all bad for WB and myself and for the people that want more.

There is alot of hate for the DCEU but I dont care and why should I. I have endured Batman and Robin's hate. So this will pass.
Even TDKR gets hate and thats made by Chris Nolan and that made a billion plus too and got great reviews.

I truly think that regardless of the reviews that BvS got and that if BvS made a billion plus then we wouldnt be having aleast half of the arguments about BvS and the future of the DCEU.

The DCEU is still making money. Its still making very big bucks at the B.O and still selling home videos and merchandise. Its not in trouble. Its only in trouble when the money stops because its a.......................... business.

I'm excited for JL because I love the previous films and Snyder and the cast so its all good.

Bring it on.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:45 AM   #178
Kane52630
Pure. West.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:17 AM   #179
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
I only listen to offical interviews from cast and crew and dont care for BS before the film or after. Alot really is BS and we can't really know if most or any of the info is true. Click bait is for suckers who want to believe in negative BS to further their own negative views on the films.

Man of Steel was a hit no matter what others want to believe thats why WB continued from there.

Zac is the man in charge no matter what. Like it or hate it. It is the truth.

BvS was a hit. Not as big as what WB would of liked but doesnt every studio like their film to hit beyond 1 billion with ease. It was 120 or so million below. Not my investment. Not my money. Its not my problem.
Reviews are a matter of opinion and I loved it so they dont matter.

I did my part. I paid and I happened to even love it anyway.
Im getting sequels so its not all bad for WB and myself and for the people that want more.

There is alot of hate for the DCEU but I dont care and why should I. I have endured Batman and Robin's hate. So this will pass.
Even TDKR gets hate and thats made by Chris Nolan and that made a billion plus too and got great reviews.

I truly think that regardless of the reviews that BvS got and that if BvS made a billion plus then we wouldnt be having aleast half of the arguments about BvS and the future of the DCEU.

The DCEU is still making money. Its still making very big bucks at the B.O and still selling home videos and merchandise. Its not in trouble. Its only in trouble when the money stops because its a.......................... business.

I'm excited for JL because I love the previous films and Snyder and the cast so its all good.

Bring it on.
Doubt it. People will bring the Transformers Excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
You okay, Kane?

2017 MOVIE RATINGS------ Fantastic Beasts 9.5/10------ Arrival 10/10------ Rogue One 8.5/10------ Hacksaw Ridge 10/10------ Nocturnal Animals 8/10------ Logan 8.5/10------ Kong 7.5/10------ Guardians Vol. 2 7/10
Sleiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #180
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:

Bring it on.
Didn't want to quote the entire post, but I agree with everything you said.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #181
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:

Bring it on.

I'm also agreeing with this 100%.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #182
Bruce_Begins
I'm real when it's useful

Quote:

Bring it on.
Agreed, after watching MoS and BvS UC back to back a few days ago, I am very optimistic about JL.

Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #183
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I was going to say 50/50 and I feel I was being generous.
Eh, no way to know really. But a lot of people i know who don't go on message boards liked the movie, and even more so after seeing the UE. Then i have spoken to others who didn't like it and won't watch the USE as they think it will be no better. So that's the only thing i based my 50/50 guess on.

I do think the really good home sales show plenty liked it though.

1)Logan-9.5(2)Wonder Woman-9(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(4)John Wick 2-8(5)Split-8(6)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(7)Alien Covenant-7(8)Ghost In The Shell-7(9)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(10)Transformers: The Last Knight-5
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 PM   #184
markjoedelonge
Bat of Gotham

Hey guys,

I'm a huge fan of the DCEU (although I can acknowledge that Suicide Squad was not that great, but I still enjoyed it). I loved Man of Steel and BvS. Just posting here because the amount of hate directed at BvS really saddens and depresses me.

I was so hyped and pumped when they released the JL teasers. Batman standing on the gargoyle was just.... Aquaman and Flash....so badass. And I was so excited to share it with my friends, but all I get back in return were cynical remarks: "It looks bad." "It looks like a teen movie." "BvS was so bad, especially with the stupid Martha plot. Oh our mothers have the same name, let's be friends."

I love these films and I love what Zack is doing with the universe. I acknowledge that there are many who might not feel the same way, but I don't understand why people go out of their way to put down the DCEU to boost others. I love both Marvel and DC, but these remarks and constant negativity is finally hitting me really badly. Take for example, those ridiculous comments about why Wonder Woman does not have shaved armpits. Is there no end to the nitpicking?

I'm sorry for the long post, I just wanted to let out how I've been feeling and from the recent posts, I can tell I am not the only one that feels this way at times, and that comforts me. Thanks guys.

I'm really pumped for WW and JL, but at this point, I just become scared of sharing my excitement for fear of being ridiculed, or the movies I love being put down.

markjoedelonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 PM   #185
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

When you support movies that are terrible, you have to expect a lot of criticism and negativity thrown at them. That's the way life works.

If you get sad and depressed over something as harmless as movie criticism, then the internet is not really the place for you. You're clearly far too sensitive to handle it.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:22 AM   #186
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoedelonge View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a huge fan of the DCEU (although I can acknowledge that Suicide Squad was not that great, but I still enjoyed it). I loved Man of Steel and BvS. Just posting here because the amount of hate directed at BvS really saddens and depresses me.

I was so hyped and pumped when they released the JL teasers. Batman standing on the gargoyle was just.... Aquaman and Flash....so badass. And I was so excited to share it with my friends, but all I get back in return were cynical remarks: "It looks bad." "It looks like a teen movie." "BvS was so bad, especially with the stupid Martha plot. Oh our mothers have the same name, let's be friends."

I love these films and I love what Zack is doing with the universe. I acknowledge that there are many who might not feel the same way, but I don't understand why people go out of their way to put down the DCEU to boost others. I love both Marvel and DC, but these remarks and constant negativity is finally hitting me really badly. Take for example, those ridiculous comments about why Wonder Woman does not have shaved armpits. Is there no end to the nitpicking?

I'm sorry for the long post, I just wanted to let out how I've been feeling and from the recent posts, I can tell I am not the only one that feels this way at times, and that comforts me. Thanks guys.

I'm really pumped for WW and JL, but at this point, I just become scared of sharing my excitement for fear of being ridiculed, or the movies I love being put down.

Yeah, I feel ya man. I really couldn't care less what others say, I kind of enjoy the debate, tbh, as long as it's respectful, it makes me appreciate the film more that it's divisive. To me, it was more than just an action CB Superman/Batman movie, which was exactly what I wanted it to be, I really wouldn't have preferred it any other way, for the most part. And I'm not one who likes DC because it's DC, and dislikes Marvel because it's "Marvel vs DC". I thought Civil War was great, SS was a bit disappointing to me, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Logan.

No offense Joker, I respect your opinion, but comments like that can get a little grating, when people act like it's a foregone conclusion or accepted fact that BvS is an obviously bad film, as if it was just a clunker that was churned out with no depth or thought put behind it, poorly directed, poorly acted, bad script, etc. I can totally get when somebody says they didn't like it. But enough people say it's a terrible film and argue that it is, and they start to believe it. So, it can be a bit of a bummer when, every article or new bit of information comes out, you scan the comments, and people just love to come and crap on it, before it's even out, or crap on Zack Snyder as a director. Like they can't stand or comprehend that somebody could have a different opinion on it. MoS, BvS, and Watchmen are right up there on the top shelf of CBMs in my mind, along with the Dark Knight films. I love that it really rewards multiple viewings and putting a lot of thought into it, examining different layers, appreciating the visual references and symbolism. It is one of those films I like more and more with each viewing, as opposed to films that I really like but don't get much more out of multiple views. Like Civil War, for example, which I do think is a good film, but doesn't challenge me or get me thinking like BvS.

I do think that, with the characters and team atmosphere, Justice League will be inherently more likely to be a crowd pleaser that's closer in time and content to some of the Marvel and X-Men fan favorite films. Hopefully, the majority is open minded enough to give it the fair chance it deserves as an ensemble comic film, featuring some of the greatest comic characters of all time. Seems those who are big enough fans to be on this site and still talking about BvS, I would imagine they are all open to giving it a chance. But a lot of the comments I see on social media articles and YouTube vids lead me to believe that some number among the general audience has already written the film off, and is just waiting to bash it now.

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:35 AM   #187
markjoedelonge
Bat of Gotham

Quote:
Yeah, I feel ya man. I really couldn't care less what others say, I kind of enjoy the debate, tbh, as long as it's respectful, it makes me appreciate the film more that it's divisive. To me, it was more than just an action CB Superman/Batman movie, which was exactly what I wanted it to be, I really wouldn't have preferred it any other way, for the most part. And I'm not one who likes DC because it's DC, and dislikes Marvel because it's "Marvel vs DC". I thought Civil War was great, SS was a bit disappointing to me, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Logan.

No offense Joker, I respect your opinion, but comments like that can get a little grating, when people act like it's a foregone conclusion or accepted fact that BvS is an obviously bad film, as if it was just a clunker that was churned out with no depth or thought put behind it, poorly directed, poorly acted, bad script, etc. I can totally get when somebody says they didn't like it. But enough people say it's a terrible film and argue that it is, and they start to believe it. So, it can be a bit of a bummer when, every article or new bit of information comes out, you scan the comments, and people just love to come and crap on it, before it's even out, or crap on Zack Snyder as a director. Like they can't stand or comprehend that somebody could have a different opinion on it. MoS, BvS, and Watchmen are right up there on the top shelf of CBMs in my mind, along with the Dark Knight films. I love that it really rewards multiple viewings and putting a lot of thought into it, examining different layers, appreciating the visual references and symbolism. It is one of those films I like more and more with each viewing, as opposed to films that I really like but don't get much more out of multiple views. Like Civil War, for example, which I do think is a good film, but doesn't challenge me or get me thinking like BvS.

I do think that, with the characters and team atmosphere, Justice League will be inherently more likely to be a crowd pleaser that's closer in time and content to some of the Marvel and X-Men fan favorite films. Hopefully, the majority is open minded enough to give it the fair chance it deserves as an ensemble comic film, featuring some of the greatest comic characters of all time. Seems those who are big enough fans to be on this site and still talking about BvS, I would imagine they are all open to giving it a chance. But a lot of the comments I see on social media articles and YouTube vids lead me to believe that some number among the general audience has already written the film off, and is just waiting to bash it now.
Exactly man. What grinds my gears is how people state it's a bad film like it's a universal truth. It is nowhere near the level of a terrible film.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #188
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
When you support movies that are terrible, you have to expect a lot of criticism and negativity thrown at them. That's the way life works.

If you get sad and depressed over something as harmless as movie criticism, then the internet is not really the place for you. You're clearly far too sensitive to handle it.
No it doesn't, people shouldn't have to 'expect' anything of that, yes it MAY come but what's better is people respect a point of view, an ideal, instead of being 'told' they are wrong for liking something others do not.

Basking in criticism of somebody you've never met and are unlikely too (in some cases, thank goodness) is not a healthy state of mind.

Last edited by Mandon Knight; 03-24-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #189
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Not it doesn't
Yes, it does.

Quote:
people shouldn't have to 'expect' anything of that
Yes they should. All movies are open season to be criticized.

Quote:
yes it MAY come but what's better is people respect a point of view, an ideal, instead of being 'told' they are wrong for liking something others do not.
I challenge you to find some posts that told people they were wrong to like this movie.

Quote:
Basking in criticism of somebody you've never met and are unlikely too (in some cases, thank goodness) is not a healthy state of mind.
What utter tripe. We're talking about criticism of a MOVIE. Get some perspective here. Its the people who get emotionally upset and depressed over a movie getting criticized constantly who are not in a healthy state of mind.

You get upset and depressed about real life problems. Not a movie getting hammered by people, who as you said are nothing but strangers to you. So aside from the total absurdity of getting upset and depressed over this, why should you even care what total strangers think. Doesn't and shouldn't affect you and what you like at all.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-24-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #190
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Shall we just say clearly we have different views of the world, our values and what things mean to us and leave it there.

In terms of being 'told' I am talking of generalist views right across this forum in multi threads that people (not just myself) are vilified for liking Batman v Superman as if it where a federal crime to do so, people shouldn't have to justify why they like ANY film, one either does or one does not.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #191
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I've never seen anyone force the opposite party to justify why they liked the movie. It's mostly just natural discussion.

Who put Bella in the wych elm? Hans Van Houten did.
Greens
I know you're there, I know you can hear me.
You may have no tongue but there's nothing wrong with your ears.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #192
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
I've never seen anyone force the opposite party to justify why they liked the movie. It's mostly just natural discussion.
Okay, 'chastised for liking' rather than told, would be a better way of putting it. Basically, that if you like BvS (of any version) you are mad, crazy, deficient in taste.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #193
Sleiek
Side-Kick

What I think is people should become more mature and realize that others support movies that are entertaining to them. Who in their right mind, support a movie that they think is terrible unless they get something in return?

2017 MOVIE RATINGS------ Fantastic Beasts 9.5/10------ Arrival 10/10------ Rogue One 8.5/10------ Hacksaw Ridge 10/10------ Nocturnal Animals 8/10------ Logan 8.5/10------ Kong 7.5/10------ Guardians Vol. 2 7/10
Old 03-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #194
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, it does.

Yes they should. All movies are open season to be criticized.

I challenge you to find some posts that told people they were wrong to like this movie.

What utter tripe. We're talking about criticism of a MOVIE. Get some perspective here. Its the people who get emotionally upset and depressed over a movie getting criticized constantly who are not in a healthy state of mind.

You get upset and depressed about real life problems. Not a movie getting hammered by people, who as you said are nothing but strangers to you. So aside from the total absurdity of getting upset and depressed over this, why should you even care what total strangers think. Doesn't and shouldn't affect you and what you like at all.

I don't think anybody's literally walking around in a genuine state of depression over the reaction to a movie they like. He's just talking about his response to the extreme amount of hate thrown at something he really likes and he's really excited for.

Whatever some of your favorite things are, your favorite band, films, books, I'm sure you'd have a reaction to having everybody leaning over your shoulder telling you how crappy it is, on a daily basis, while you're trying to discuss it or get excited for the next installment. "Depressed" is a bit hyperbolic, sure, but BvS critics should be somewhat familiar with that.

And really, for people to still be on this thread on a regular basis talking about how terrible the film is, still focused on it after all this time, they probably either really enjoy trolling the fans, or they are genuinely REALLY upset over how disappointed they are with the film, and can't stop fixating on it. And I doubt these hardcore long term critics would still be here discussing it if they didn't care, or weren't interested at all, in what other's think about it, in some fashion. In either case, you can't really say somebody else had mental issues for being genuinely upset over all the negativity thrown at the film. Neither is really that unusual, it's just what hardcore fans do, the way we react to something we've been looking forward to, in some cases, our entire lives

Last edited by wnjcwjkk; 03-24-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #195
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Double Post

Old 03-25-2017, 12:55 AM   #196
markjoedelonge
Bat of Gotham

Quote:
I don't think anybody's literally walking around in a genuine state of depression over the reaction to a movie they like. He's just talking about his response to the extreme amount of hate thrown at something he really likes and he's really excited for.

Whatever some of your favorite things are, your favorite band, films, books, I'm sure you'd have a reaction to having everybody leaning over your shoulder telling you how crappy it is, on a daily basis, while you're trying to discuss it or get excited for the next installment. "Depressed" is a bit hyperbolic, sure, but BvS critics should be somewhat familiar with that.

And really, for people to still be on this thread on a regular basis talking about how terrible the film is, still focused on it after all this time, they probably either really enjoy trolling the fans, or they are genuinely REALLY upset over how disappointed they are with the film, and can't stop fixating on it. And I doubt these hardcore long term critics would still be here discussing it if they didn't care, or weren't interested at all, in what other's think about it, in some fashion. In either case, you can't really say somebody else had mental issues for being genuinely upset over all the negativity thrown at the film. Neither is really that unusual, it's just what hardcore fans do, the way we react to something we've been looking forward to, in some cases, our entire lives
Yes exactly. Thank you. Having something you love being degraded to your face consistently takes a real toll. And this was done by people in face-to-face conversations, not some Internet troll.

I think it's very rude to say someone has mental issues for being disheartened because films he loves gets berated consistently. I can understand and respect having a different POV and opinion of the film, but to say it is an objectively bad film is nonsense.

I am not trying to start a war, it was never my intention. I saw that people in this forum also feel how I feel, and I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Last edited by markjoedelonge; 03-25-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-25-2017, 01:37 AM   #197
Sleiek
Side-Kick

I feel you man. Don't worry, there are others who feel and understand the way you do. This is something very important to us. We wanted to see these character come to life for our entire life and when they do happen and **** hits you in the face, it's not a good feeling. It doesn't allow much enjoyment if the atmosphere is poor.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #198
The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Exactly. But how many times have we been told we didn't understand or "get" the movie when something in it is criticized.

Quote:
Then don't use words like depression to describe it. You're talking about movie criticism. These are not words that should be in the same sentence as something as insignificant as that.

Quote:
The only reaction I would have at best is mild annoyance. Upset and depression? No movie, no matter what beloved characters of mine it's about, would be able to gauge such strong reactions from me if it was heavily criticized constantly. Especially if I could understand why so many people don't like it.

Quote:
And really, for people to still be on this thread on a regular basis talking about how terrible the film is, still focused on it after all this time, they probably either really enjoy trolling the fans, or they are genuinely REALLY upset over how disappointed they are with the film, and can't stop fixating on it. And I doubt these hardcore long term critics would still be here discussing it if they didn't care, or weren't interested at all, in what other's think about it, in some fashion.
Why would you jump to such a silly conclusion? This movie is about Batman and Superman, two of the most beloved characters in superhero fandom. Second of all it's the first movie that put them together in a movie. The fact that people are still discussing it is not a sign that they are hugely upset over it, it's because it's relevant to some of the biggest comic book heroes ever. Do you really think movies about the new and current versions of fan favorite characters like that will not be continually discussed, especially if fans dislike how they are being handled?

The likes of Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 etc are not loved by fans, are several years old, but the fact they are about one of the biggest and most popular heroes ever makes discussions about them still happen today e.g. http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=506083&page=2 And they are movies that are not even part of a current continuing shared universe like the DCEU.

And finally, and most important of all, this is a DISCUSSION forum. People come here to discuss things. This is not a fan forum. If you want to be wrapped in cotton wool and only see positive posts then go migrate to a forum dedicated strictly to people who like these movies, or go here; http://forums.superherohype.com/show...512607&page=27

The only forum I've seen here where the fans were unable to handle the criticisms of a movie that they had to make a positive thread as a haven from the critical posts (and had it closed temporarily because they used it as a stomping ground to flame other posters who hate the movie).

Quote:
In either case, you can't really say somebody else had mental issues for being genuinely upset over all the negativity thrown at the film. Neither is really that unusual, it's just what hardcore fans do, the way we react to something we've been looking forward to, in some cases, our entire lives
Excuse me, I didn't bring up the mental health point, one of your fellow DCEU fans did in reference to insulting critics of the DCEU http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=188

The mental health comment was in response to his claim about it. But naturally nothing is said to him about bringing up people's mental health because it's in defense of the DCEU. That makes it ok. Do as I say, not as I do.

Fans who get upset over the negativity towards a CBM don't usually say it's upsetting and depressing them. They usually say it's annoying. That is at least somewhat understandable.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-25-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #199
Kane52630
Pure. West.

Happy one year anniversary for Batman Versus Superman Colon Dawn of Justice!

Old 03-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #200
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. But how many times have we been told we didn't understand or "get" the movie when something in it is criticized.

Then don't use words like depression to describe it. You're talking about movie criticism. These are not words that should be in the same sentence as something as insignificant as that.

The only reaction I would have at best is mild annoyance. Upset and depression? No movie, no matter what beloved characters of mine it's about, would be able to gauge such strong reactions from me if it was heavily criticized constantly. Especially if I could understand why so many people don't like it.

Why would you jump to such a silly conclusion? This movie is about Batman and Superman, two of the most beloved characters in superhero fandom. Second of all it's the first movie that put them together in a movie. The fact that people are still discussing it is not a sign that they are hugely upset over it, it's because it's relevant to some of the biggest comic book heroes ever. Do you really think movies about the new and current versions of fan favorite characters like that will not be discussed, especially if fans dislike how they are being handled?

The likes of Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 etc are not loved by fans, are several years old, but the fact they are about one of the biggest and most popular heroes ever makes discussions about them still happen today e.g. http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=506083&page=2 And they are movies that are not even part of a current continuing shared universe like the DCEU.

And finally, and most important of all, this is a DISCUSSION forum. People come here to discuss things. This is not a fan forum. If you want to be wrapped in cotton wool and only see positive posts then go migrate to a forum dedicated strictly to people who like these movies, or go here; http://forums.superherohype.com/show...512607&page=27

The only forum I've seen here where the fans were unable to handle the criticisms of a movie that they had to make a positive thread as a haven from the critical posts (and had it closed temporarily because they used it as a stomping ground to flame other posters who hate the movie).

Excuse me, I didn't bring up the mental health point, one of your fellow DCEU fans did in reference to insulting critics of the DCEU http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=188

The mental health comment was in response to his claim about it. But naturally nothing is said to him about bringing up people's mental health because it's in defense of the DCEU. That makes it ok. Do as I say, not as I do.

Fans who get upset over the negativity towards a CBM don't usually say it's upsetting and depressing them. They usually say it's annoying. That is at least somewhat understandable.
Perhaps I should have worded as 'not good for the soul' then rather than mind, my bad in terms of conveying point with original description, apologies all round.