1 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 AM   #1
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Default Arrow Season 5 Episode 18: "Disbanded"

S5 EPISODE 18 - Disbanded

Quote:
Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) are shocked by Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) decision to call on the Bratva to help take down Prometheus (Josh Segurra). Concerned the Bratva may overstep, Diggle has a hard conversation with Oliver about what happens if things go south. Meanwhile, Felicity learns something shocking at Helix.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #2
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Default Re: Arrow Season 5 Episode 18: "Disbanded"

This season in relation to the Bratva is basically:

EVERYONE: Oliver, no.
OLIVER: Oliver, yes.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
Gallops
Side-Kick

If my theory that Chase is the son of Gregor, I think that the Bratva will turn on Oliver and work with Prometheus.

Gallops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallops View Post
If my theory that Chase is the son of Gregor, I think that the Bratva will turn on Oliver and work with Prometheus.
That would be interesting if it play outs. Seeing Prometheus kill Bratva members will be fun!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Episode promo shows

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oliver punching Diggle. Oh please, let's hope that we don't have to rehash Oliver/Diggle drama like the end of S3/start of S4. That was painful. Luckily I doubt this would last very long; last time, Oliver hurt Diggle's family. This time, I think they'll get over themselves quickly (or it may just be misdirection).

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

https://youtu.be/VQdxa-zDKuU

Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #7
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
That would be interesting if it play outs. Seeing Prometheus kill Bratva members will be fun!
Hopefully not Antoli.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #8
Gallops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
Hopefully not Antoli.
I think Oliver kills Anatoly when Anatoly turns on Oliver and helps Prometheus...

Gallops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

https://youtu.be/2XEPMd-UPxg

Old 03-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #10
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

https://youtu.be/eO4UelqChcI

Old 03-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #11
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

So Oliver says that Thea is so damaged that she had to leave town...I forget, what was it that damaged her?

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:12 AM   #12
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Excellent episode continuing a strong 2nd half.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #13
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Excellent episode continuing a strong 2nd half.
Agreed. It was a very good episode. The ending with music playing while Chase was in the car was a bit funny.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:36 AM   #14
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

I wonder how Chase would have dealt with the Bratva without Team Arrows help.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #15
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallops View Post
in that theory
what if this was the Bratva's plan the whole time, that they knew this is the only way they'd get Oliver to let them in the city and get the drugs

I mean it seems like a lot of work and set up, a plan 2 years in the making, but, I wouldn't put it past the Bratva

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 03-30-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #16
Loki882
Side-Kick

How many times has Oliver had a crisis of self or questioned his crusade and his personal character? How many times has Diggle had to give him a pep talk to get him back in the game? It seems like their treating this as a new thing but this honestly feels like the same kind of emotional conflict Oliver goes through every season. It's not like Chase is the first villain to make him question his character and who "Oliver Queen" is either.

So Oliver...how does using your crusade as an excuse for murder track with the years where you didn't kill people or actually retired to the suburbs? Or is he just talking about year one as The Hood, which somehow negates his character development and his progression as a hero? Is he attributing all the times he broke his code (Vertigo, Ra's, Darhk) as just relapsing on his addiction to murder, despite how far apart they were and the circumstances regarding them?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #17
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
How many times has Oliver had a crisis of self or questioned his crusade and his personal character? How many times has Diggle had to give him a pep talk to get him back in the game? It seems like their treating this as a new thing but this honestly feels like the same kind of emotional conflict Oliver goes through every season. It's not like Chase is the first villain to make him question his character and who "Oliver Queen" is either.

So Oliver...how does using your crusade as an excuse for murder track with the years where you didn't kill people or actually retired to the suburbs? Or is he just talking about year one as The Hood, which somehow negates his character development and his progression as a hero? Is he attributing all the times he broke his code (Vertigo, Ra's, Darhk) as just relapsing on his addiction to murder, despite how far apart they were and the circumstances regarding them?
If you binge watch a lot of Arrow at one time like I did to catch up, the repetitive themes get even more ridiculous than just watching from week to week.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #18
theflashionist
Newbie First Class

I thought Adrian was the son of the guy Oliver killed and fell on the rooftop pool.

theflashionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #19
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflashionist View Post
I thought Adrian was the son of the guy Oliver killed and fell on the rooftop pool.
Nothing has happened or been said that contradicts that he is. Well, at least not yet.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #20
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflashionist View Post
There's only a small pool of people it could be.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #21
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

So I see that Dinah Drake forgot about her canary cry again when it came to saving those hostages. She could've taken everyone out instead of shooting people one by one. It's not like the cry would've killed people including the hostages.

And why did Chase think that that phone call was about him at the end? The policeman's wife could've been calling him to remind him to pick up some milk at the store on his way home, and Chase went and killed him with his pen.

I hope this season we see Oliver back on the island and picked up, leaving us in the place we were at the beginning of season 1 in the pilot.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #22
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Great episode! Think it's going to be interesting seeing Oliver vs the Bratva in future episodes! Somewhat bummed that Oliver and Anatoli's relationship is beyond repaired. Also loved the dynamic between Oliver and Diggle in the episode.

That ending though! Who would have thought that Chase would garrotte a guy, and also throw a pen into another's eye! That was probably one most brutal scenes in the series.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #23
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So I see that Dinah Drake forgot about her canary cry again when it came to saving those hostages. She could've taken everyone out instead of shooting people one by one. It's not like the cry would've killed people including the hostages.

And why did Chase think that that phone call was about him at the end? The policeman's wife could've been calling him to remind him to pick up some milk at the store on his way home, and Chase went and killed him with his pen.

I hope this season we see Oliver back on the island and picked up, leaving us in the place we were at the beginning of season 1 in the pilot.
Ehh, one of the Russians could have pulled a trigger and killed someone before the cry incapacitated them. I'll give the writers this one.

It's that perfect bad guy intuition all the good ones have.

Me, too. Everything he managed to do since first arriving there is just patently ridiculous when all added together.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #24
Confusion
Side-Kick

I LOVE Chase! The dude is my favorite type of Villain.

Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #25
metaphysician
Side-Kick

So, am I the only one who kind of wants Anatoly to get some cybernetic enhancements, and be the Big Bad of Season 6? *cough*

Also, Ollie should just plain hand over leadership to Diggle. He can be the team Edgy Badass, and stop pretending to be the moral core that he isn't.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote