The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #551
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtheDreamer View Post
The guy said he was full-blown advising the actors on set while shooting was taking place. I find the Russo's ability to tolerate something like that commendable given that THEY ARE the film's actualy directors.

“I’ve been heavily involved in what the Guardians do in Avengers: Infinity War,” Gunn told i09. “I gave [the film’s directors the Russo brothers] tons of advice on how to direct the actors, talked to them a lot during the shooting, and talked to the actors a lot during the shooting to make sure that the Guardians are staying authentic.
Interesting. Not just because the Russos would probably already know about the Guardians in their films, but they already had a heavy juggling act with Civil War and, for the most part, kept the characters consistent from what we've seen in previous films. The Guardians shouldn't be any different.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #552
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Part

Quote:
The guy said he was full-blown advising the actors on set while shooting was taking place. I find the Russo's ability to tolerate something like that commendable given that THEY ARE the film's actualy directors.

“I’ve been heavily involved in what the Guardians do in Avengers: Infinity War,” Gunn told i09. “I gave [the film’s directors the Russo brothers] tons of advice on how to direct the actors, talked to them a lot during the shooting, and talked to the actors a lot during the shooting to make sure that the Guardians are staying authentic.
I think you're overreacting to Gunn's words a bit too much. So he talked to the Russo Bros and the actors? Gunn has worked with the GOTG cast members quite a bit so he's a solid person to have around in case there are questions. I'm sure Joe and Anthony probably appreciated having someone else to bounce ideas off of that could improve the film. They're likely used to working collaboratively with the other Marvel directors at Marvel Studios' offices so this is likely no different.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 03-17-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #553
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
All the Esquire interview did was state his contract status and take that as final word on his future when in actuality Evans has stated multiple times (mostly during the CW press tour) that he'd be willing to continue on as CA if Marvel presented him with good stories to tell.
Money. You mean good money.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #554
GeckoMoria
Banned User

His bias against Gunn is evident and is clouding his judgement. This isn't the first time. Gunn also asked for advice from Markus and McFeely and the Russos on his GotG Vol 2 script. The writers in particular liked the script a lot and told him not to change anything.

Him giving the Russos advice on characters he has written since 2013 is absolutely natural. Him talking to the actors is also natural. Marvel directors give notes to each other all the time. It's a collaborative process.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #555
Chesterfield
Side-Kick

Nothing new or out of the ordinary here. Ryan Coogler consulted and helped write and shape T'Challa/Black Panther for Civil War.

Never trust a big butt and a smile...

If you're looking for sympathy, try somewhere between 's**t' and 'syphilis', in a dictionary.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #556
Iceman
Infinity War!

I'm sure the Russos are only allowing whatever level of involvement is helping the film and that they're comfortable with. Doesn't matter if that happens to be a lot.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #557
Relugus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSGirl95 View Post
No, actually I can't remeber such a thing. I remember him saying something similar about Ant-Man though.

But yeah, SLJ is most likely messing with us, and he and Hill are in it, and prodably explained why they were nowhere to be seen in Civil War.
SLJ's absence in Civil War was explained by the Russo's. They wanted to remove the parental figure from the Avengers to let the tensions within the team run free.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #558
Relugus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Well Feige did say we'd find out why Fury and Hill were absent soon.
Post-credit scene of GotG2 or Homecoming.

We might see Fury and Hill meeting with Natasha, for example.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #559
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
Post-credit scene of GotG2 or Homecoming.

We might see Fury and Hill meeting with Natasha, for example.

Hope that's not the case

Old 03-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #560
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
SLJ's absence in Civil War was explained by the Russo's. They wanted to remove the parental figure from the Avengers to let the tensions within the team run free.
An when Fury returns he will piece the team back together. I believe he knew Stark and Cap would fight one day. They are like sons to him in a way, sometimes they have to fight.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #561
Iceman
Infinity War!

I think it would be great to have him back and there is going to be a need for some high up organisational figures (including some who are not involved in the fighting themselves) to help coordinate all these various teams and overall strategy.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #562
JtheDreamer
Slangin Grannys Peach Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoMoria View Post
His bias against Gunn is evident and is clouding his judgement. This isn't the first time. Gunn also asked for advice from Markus and McFeely and the Russos on his GotG Vol 2 script. The writers in particular liked the script a lot and told him not to change anything.

Him giving the Russos advice on characters he has written since 2013 is absolutely natural. Him talking to the actors is also natural. Marvel directors give notes to each other all the time. It's a collaborative process.
My bias? Why don't you check your own at the door first - then come talk to me.

Collaborating on scripts isn't what I'm talking about. We've never once heard of another MCU director being on set advising the actors.

Last edited by JtheDreamer; 03-20-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #563
KaijuDude1992
Side-Kick

So apparently Downey, Cumberbatch and Johansson are suppose to start shooting today in Scotland and by the looks of it we should get some good pics since a whole bunch of fans are there waiting with a good view of it all.

https://twitter.com/DavideBargna/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 03-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #564
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaijuDude1992 View Post
So apparently Downey, Cumberbatch and Johansson are suppose to start shooting today in Scotland and by the looks of it we should get some good pics since a whole bunch of fans are there waiting with a good view of it all.

https://twitter.com/DavideBargna/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Damn I'm due to go there in a couple of weeks. Wish I'd timed it for now instead!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #565
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Damn I'm due to go there in a couple of weeks. Wish I'd timed it for now instead!
Same! Oh well, at least we get to avoid crowds, right?

"Apes. Together. Strong."
Old 03-21-2017, 03:31 AM   #566
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystoneheart View Post
What the hell me too. Thought aren't they shooting there for a while

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #567
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystoneheart View Post
Oh nice! But I can deal with crowds if I get to see this in action!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
What the hell me too. Thought aren't they shooting there for a while
Crazy lol. Hopefully there is still something going on there on the April 8th weekend which is when I'm going.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #568
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
My bias? Why don't you check your own at the door first - then come talk to me.

Collaborating on scripts isn't what I'm talking about. We've never once heard of another MCU director being on set advising the actors.
And we still haven't. Where does he say he was on set? During one of his Facebook Q&A he said that he talks with the actors every day and he was in his home. Skype is a thing you know.

How is it any different that Reed giving advice to Russos about Ant-man in Civil war? reed also talked to Rudd about his experience during filming in Atlanta, he has said so in interviews that you can easily find.

The only one here with bias is you. You called him egomaniac while he did nothing different that other directors have done in the MCU. I will say it AGAIN MCu directors exchange notes and advice ALL THE TIME.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #569
AlluAllu
Side-Kick

I just realized that we wont be able to do an epic mcu rewatch before either of these movies. Black Panther comes 3 months before Infinity War and Cap Marvel comes two months before Avengers 4. That's not enough time for blu-rays to come.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #570
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The guy said he was full-blown advising the actors on set while shooting was taking place. I find the Russo's ability to tolerate something like that commendable given that THEY ARE the film's actual directors.

And Fiege's EVERYWHERE lol I wouldn't worry too much in any way

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #571
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlluAllu View Post
I just realized that we wont be able to do an epic mcu rewatch before either of these movies. Black Panther comes 3 months before Infinity War and Cap Marvel comes two months before Avengers 4. That's not enough time for blu-rays to come.
Don't you have the cheap rerun theaters like we do here? Many times those type of theaters have first run films for awhile longer than the normal theaters and cheaper too.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #572
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlluAllu View Post
I believe the movie theaters will have some sort of marathon viewing. Yeah you won't be able to do it at home, but it will still be possible to marathon.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 PM   #573
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

TheAvengersFans™‏*@TheAvengers_Fan 4h

#News: @AnthonyMackie (Falcon) has revealed he is not slated to die in @Avengers: INFINITY WAR.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #574
harryoscop
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
TheAvengersFans™‏*@TheAvengers_Fan 4h

#News: @AnthonyMackie (Falcon) has revealed he is not slated to die in @Avengers: INFINITY WAR.
Yesss Falcon confirmed

Old 03-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #575
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Stunt rehearsals

https://streamable.com/4zavo

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._infinity_war/