The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #176
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 40,703
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

The reviews are quite disappointing. I'm contemplating returning this as I already have my hands full with Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Your library checks out games? That is awesome.
Yours doesn't? I noticed this started becoming more common with disc based games when I was younger

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #177
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 81,236
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

The things that this game seems weak on bother me a lot and I don't see much of an excuse for mucking them up when there's been 5 years since the last game, this being the 4th in the series and with industry standards on this kind of thing having reached a certain level. You can rush the release and later release patches for many things but it doesn't fix the unnecessary negativity generated for the game's launch period and subsequent loss of long term reputation for the series and the creators.

I can see myself enjoying this game a lot regardless as there are many more factors that go into making a Mass Effect game enjoyable to me than those mentioned to be weak so far but this is a huge missed opportunity for ME to start this gen on fire and establish itself as a market leader. There's no reason why a current gen ME game can't get the majority of important things right (not just adding big improvements in some areas like combat while neglecting others) like its own series high point, ME2, and modern RPG big guns like Witcher 3.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #178
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,125
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Yours doesn't? I noticed this started becoming more common with disc based games when I was younger
I haven't been in a local library in like 5 years. Not since I took my niece for a school project. I might just not have known they do it. I totally want to find out now though.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #179
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,125
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The things that this game seems weak on bother me a lot and I don't see much of an excuse for mucking them up when there's been 5 years since the last game, this being the 4th in the series and with industry standards on this kind of thing having reached a certain level. You can rush the release and later release patches for many things but it doesn't fix the unnecessary negativity generated for the game's launch period and subsequent loss of long term reputation for the series and the creators.

I can see myself enjoying this game a lot regardless as there are many more factors that go into making a Mass Effect game enjoyable to me than those mentioned to be weak so far but this is a huge missed opportunity for ME to start this gen on fire and establish itself as a market leader. There's no reason why a current gen ME game can't get the majority of important things right (not just adding big improvements in some areas like combat while neglecting others) like its own series high point, ME2, and modern RPG big guns like Witcher 3.
I get the feeling this will be one of those games I will enjoy. A lot more because i will have waited until it was less then half the original price.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #180
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Video games are becoming mini leisure investments. If BioWare wanted that $60-$100 out the gate they should have shipped a $60-$100 game instead of a $35 game. That's 6 trips to the movies. Possibly good ones. The average consumer is not going to spend that on a **** looking game with a weak narrative.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #181
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 81,236
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I get the feeling this will be one of those games I will enjoy. A lot more because i will have waited until it was less then half the original price.
Lol.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #182
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 48,573
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

What does this mean for Mass Effect in the future? Is the franchise going to get shelved after this? Or are they going to push out another installment in 2 years, should this game make enough money.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #183
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,125
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
What does this mean for Mass Effect in the future? Is the franchise going to get shelved after this? Or are they going to push out another installment in 2 years, should this game make enough money.
Sales will dictate that.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #184
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 81,236
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
What does this mean for Mass Effect in the future? Is the franchise going to get shelved after this? Or are they going to push out another installment in 2 years, should this game make enough money.
Can't see it getting shelved. It takes a fair while before all the goodwill generated from ME, ME2 and a big chunk of ME3 to die down. All it would take is a return to form in a future game for nearly everyone to be back.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 142,042 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #185
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 48,573
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

At least one good thing came out of this whole debacle. Installing Mass Effect 2 on my Xbox One, I found out I now have access to all the Pre-order DLC and Dr. Pepper exclusive items. I finally can play Mass Effect 2 with the Recon Hood.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #186
X Knight
Symbol of Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 37,164
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

so, it seems like there's an Asari reporter lady you can romance.

hmmmm..........maybe that could lend credence to my Superman-inspired Ryder playthrough.......

A Superman's got to have his Lois, right??

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #187
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
At least one good thing came out of this whole debacle. Installing Mass Effect 2 on my Xbox One, I found out I now have access to all the Pre-order DLC and Dr. Pepper exclusive items. I finally can play Mass Effect 2 with the Recon Hood.
Can you import saves? I might give that a go to wash the taste of Assdromeda out of my mouth

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #188
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 48,573
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

You can.

https://kotaku.com/how-to-transfer-x...one-1722241280

Unfortunately my 360 is at my sister's place, so I am starting fresh.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #189
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You can.

https://kotaku.com/how-to-transfer-x...one-1722241280

Unfortunately my 360 is at my sister's place, so I am starting fresh.
Thanks broski!!

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #190
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero
 
ChrisBaleBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 19,647
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
There are much much bigger problems with this game than the damn CC limitations. *****ing about the CC limitations of this game is like *****ing about the wallpaper in a condemned rickety house.
Oh, I can understand that argument.

But, it might be indicative of them not moving the ball forward on something simple, and obvious, when you consider the more complicated stuff that follows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You can.

https://kotaku.com/how-to-transfer-x...one-1722241280

Unfortunately my 360 is at my sister's place, so I am starting fresh.
Thanks, man.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #191
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

CD Projekt Red are savages!! Haha they started sending out GWENT beta codes today.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #192
Soapy
Sieg Zeon
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,869
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so, it seems like there's an Asari reporter lady you can romance.
But can you punch her? These are the real questions that need answers.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #193
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 40,703
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2



she's pointing the gun at her face

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #194
Soapy
Sieg Zeon
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,869
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Geez. This is almost a Dark Souls II level of lighting downgrade.

https://my.mixtape.moe/yugchn.mp4

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #195
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,125
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post


she's pointing the gun at her face
This is fantastic.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #196
geetard
CRASHING THIS PLANE
 
geetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 8,002
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Your library checks out games? That is awesome.
Yup. Many libraries in my city have a video game section. Some even have a gaming area with a console hooked up to a TV. I've even been to one where they have Minecraft installed on their computers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
CD Projekt Red are savages!! Haha they started sending out GWENT beta codes today.
Eh, I would be more excited if it was something related to Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Geez. This is almost a Dark Souls II level of lighting downgrade.

https://my.mixtape.moe/yugchn.mp4

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #197
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 79,667
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You can.

https://kotaku.com/how-to-transfer-x...one-1722241280

Unfortunately my 360 is at my sister's place, so I am starting fresh.
What exactly are the benefits of transfer here? The game is set 800 years after ME3. The Arcs leave shortly before ME2. So what are the benefits of a transfer? How does it impact the story?

Also, just a random thought. Does this game officially make the synthesis ending non-canon? I can't imagine that there are separate character models for every character and NPC that are part-organic/part-syntethic. So I think it is safe to say Reapers use space magic to make everyone a robot ending is officially non-canon.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #198
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 48,573
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What exactly are the benefits of transfer here? The game is set 800 years after ME3. The Arcs leave shortly before ME2. So what are the benefits of a transfer? How does it impact the story?
That isn't for importing Mass Effect 3 saves to Andromeda. We were talking about playing the original Trilogy on the Xbox One. That's for transferring the 360 saves of those games to the Xbox One.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #199
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 79,667
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Ah, I see.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #200
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 485
Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
CD Projekt Red are savages!! Haha they started sending out GWENT beta codes today.
is not this impact The Elder Scrolls: Legends More seeing it the GWENT game is More it competitor

Fans of Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.