The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #601
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: X-Men Sequel - Part 3

Sigh. Tell that paradox stuff to the audience. If they ignore what happened in Logan and make Supernova a success then great. But given how Apocalypse already underperformed and more people saw Logan, There's a big chance this Supernova would need to over come another hurdle.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #602
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Imo,only films undermined by Logan. Anyway I can act like Deadpool is already set in a rebootverse since it didn't feature any ot cast member or anyone from the less appealing cast
EVERYTHING is "undermined" by Logan. But go ahead and enjoy your fantasy Deadpool universe.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #603
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thing is the audience won't think like that until Fix disavows Logan. And given the success of Logan what makes you Fox would disavow Logan anytime soon?

How long will Fox keep the X-Men in the past when we know maybe 17 years from Apocalypse, Logan joined the X-Men and Hugh Jackman won't be there to reprise his role. Another problem after a problem.
They could with a good storyline. Make Sinister and ESSEX CORP responsable for all bad things in Logan. Create a dark future where Cable have to back in time to stop Sinister. In fact, you erase Logan but audience would understand that Logan event are linked with Cable motivation.

Beside, you can make a X-23 movie in order to show the meeting between Laura and Cable. You can have Sinister in X-Men movie, show his experience on Scott and Jean and connect with other movie like X-Force or Cable origin.

I am not a writer but i just use the source material to have some ideas. For Jackman, you recast, it is simple.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #604
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post

And...I will never get that paradox with "X-Men" fans.
i am a X-Men fans but sometime i don't understand the community.

Last edited by JEM; 03-19-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #605
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
They could with a good storyline. Make Sinister and ESSEX CORP responsable for all bad things in Logan. Create a dark future where Cable have to back in time to stop Sinister. In fact, you erase Logan but audience would understand that Logan event are linked with Cable motivation.

Beside, you can make a X-23 movie in order to show the meeting between Laura and Cable. You can have Sinister in X-Men movie, show his experience on Scott and Jean and connect with other movie like X-Force or Cable origin.

I am not a writer but i just use the source material to have some ideas. For Jackman, you recast, it is simple.
How many different 'dark future' scenarios can we have though?

We already had mutants wiped out by Sentinels in DoFP. And then mutants wiped out by...errr... corn syrup (LOL) in Logan.

At this point, having ANOTHER dark future which Cable travels back from is going to be pushing it. That will be the third dystopia in a few years.

The comics have many different X-Men titles publishing an edition every single month, so things will understandably get tangled. The films are not that prolific but we still have a muddled timeline.

They don't really put much thought or effort into connecting the films, we have just had two Calibans because no one checked first.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #606
The Guard
Side-Kick

At this point, the dark dystopian future is a part of the X-Men franchise. I don't see exploring it and having it be relevant to the mutant struggle to be much of an issue. Its kind of inherently something they need to avoid, after all. It's also pretty much what Cable does, try to avoid it. Just don't make that what the lions share of the plot revolves around.

Last edited by The Guard; 03-19-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #607
The Guard
Side-Kick

I think once they use Sinister, some of the issues with duplicate versions of characters could be fixed. It's all clones.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #608
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I think once they use Sinister, some of the issues with duplicate versions of characters could be fixed. It's all clones.
clones, relatives, secondary/rebooted mutations
all fun stuff

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 03-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #609
Lip
Side-Kick

I don't know if I laugh or cry to see the fans (the fans!) being blamed for the mess the continuity in the franchise is.

I guess the problem is just lack of imagination from the fans then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #610
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #611
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
The ending of Logan kinda ruins what ever happyending there is at X-Men Supernova, new mutants or whatever films that are set in the past featuring Xavier.
Maybe for you but not for me.

Quote:
The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate: each choice, each moment, a moment in the ripple of time. Enough ripples, and you can change the tide …for the future is never truly set.

"A man has to be what he is. You can't break the mold..... There’s no living with… with a killing. There’s no going back from one. Right or wrong, it’s a brand. A brand sticks. There’s no going back. Now you run on home to your mother, and tell her… tell her everything’s all right. And there aren’t anymore guns in the valley."

Last edited by Leo Zelinsky; 03-19-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #612
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Do we really need Wolverine out of the X-Men movies to get a proper team movie? Really?
One monkey don't stop no show

He's in every movie in some way or another

It's tired

Hes not required for every single movie

"A man has to be what he is. You can't break the mold..... There’s no living with… with a killing. There’s no going back from one. Right or wrong, it’s a brand. A brand sticks. There’s no going back. Now you run on home to your mother, and tell her… tell her everything’s all right. And there aren’t anymore guns in the valley."
Old 03-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #613
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
I don't know if I laugh or cry to see the fans (the fans!) being blamed for the mess the continuity in the franchise is.

I guess the problem is just lack of imagination from the fans then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think what's even sadder is the amount of effort some (Supperhero) put into making the continuity work, I mean if the filmmakers create that mess without care why should you waste so much time salvaging it?

Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #614
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
clones, relatives, secondary/rebooted mutations
all fun stuff
Ironically all major staples of the comic book X-Men mythology.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 03-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #615
Stan Lee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Maybe for you but not for me.
And in the next film Xavier starts having doubts of this.

Last edited by Stan Lee; 03-20-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 AM   #616
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post

Sinister was not even brought up in the movie. It is easy for us fans to come up with a solution but then Fox rarely listens to the fans and we have a muddled continuity. What makes you think Cable would undo Logan's events especially Hugh Jackman is done playing Wolverine? If you undo that movie surely a Wolverine appearance is a must have and I don't see Fox recasting Wolverine anytime soon unless its a reboot.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-20-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #617
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sinister was not even brought up in the movie. It is easy for us fans to come up with a solution but then Fox rarely listens to the fans and we have a muddled continuity. What makes you think Cable would undo Logan's events especially Hugh Jackman is done playing Wolverine? If you undo that movie surely a Wolverine appearance is a must have and I don't see Fox recasting Wolverine anytime soon unless its a reboot.
It is speculation but i just show you how Fox and co can create a new story with elements of the franchise and comics.
You don't need to have Wolverine in order to let Cable undo Logan event. You just need to connect Logan with a darker future where Cable live.

For Sinister, it is a speculation too but there are a lot of element for his introduction.

- We know Kinberg want to introduce Sinister
- XA post credit scene showed Essex Corp with Logan blood ( X-23)
- Alkali Transigen is from american company ( probably Essex Corp)
- Singer and Kinberg said Sinister was in Logan (maybe in the first draft and dropped by Mangold)
- Rice 's motivation are similar to Sinister ( control mutant and use them for the mankind)
- Logan 's disease remind me Legacy virus. This storyline could be a good plot for X-Force with Cable, Sinister and Stryfe.
- There are similarity between Ajax 's plot and Essex. Transform human in mutant is very Sinister.

We can talk forever with Gambit, Cable, Cyclop, Jean, X-Man ect ... But Kinberg and Co have the possibility to create a very interessing story with Essex Corp. I could be totally wrong but they have enough element to make it.

Logan was just the ending for Hugh Jackman. X-Men 's mytology is so rish the possibility are endless.

Last edited by JEM; 03-20-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #618
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
How many different 'dark future' scenarios can we have though?

We already had mutants wiped out by Sentinels in DoFP. And then mutants wiped out by...errr... corn syrup (LOL) in Logan.

At this point, having ANOTHER dark future which Cable travels back from is going to be pushing it. That will be the third dystopia in a few years.

The comics have many different X-Men titles publishing an edition every single month, so things will understandably get tangled. The films are not that prolific but we still have a muddled timeline.

They don't really put much thought or effort into connecting the films, we have just had two Calibans because no one checked first.
You can have different dark future because some famous X-Men characters are time travelers or create alternative timeline (Cable, Bishop, Legion, Scarlet witch).

In DOFP, Beast said time is like river, you can change it but your destiny is inevitable. A dark future after DOFP ending fit with Beast theory.
It is sad reality but classic thematic with time travel stories.

It happen not only in comics but in cartoon too ( X-Men 90, Wolverine and the X-Men). X-Men is about the coexistence between humans and mutants and let to be honest is impossible on long terme. It 's why you have so much time travel stories in X-Men mythology. One specie will try to kill the other, it is an endless battle.

The main goal is to make a logic and great story. Dark futur by Sinister and Legacy Virus allow them to connect Logan, Deadpool, Gambit, X-Men and X-Force if it 's done right.

The point isn't to make a dark future again but to continue DOFP storyline. You tried to change the past but the destiny will always try to find a way.

Last edited by JEM; 03-20-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #619
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I still think Sinister could be in Deadpool 2 and be used as an X-Force villain.

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Manage Your Expectations.)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #620
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I still think Sinister could be in Deadpool 2 and be used as an X-Force villain.
I was going to say something about how I can just feel Cyclops fans reading your comment and having their breathing intensify. Then I looked at your profile picture.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #621
Superhero 101
DESI

I think Deadpool 2 villain will be a villain from Deadpool comics. The X-force villain should be Stryfe. Mr. Sinister should be the main villain for the next X-men movie

Old 03-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #622
psylockolussus
Fierce User

They should save Sinister for a X-Men team movie where Kinberg isn't writing. Apocalypse is a massive failure. I don't want Sinister to get the same outcome.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 PM   #623
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
They should save Sinister for a X-Men team movie where Kinberg isn't writing. Apocalypse is a massive failure. I don't want Sinister to get the same outcome.
It is not a massive failure your overreacting here a massive failure was the latest Fantastic 4 movie, the movie still did pretty well not spectacular but saying its a massive failure is really a reach. I just hope if Sinister is the villain in the next movie we get someone who can deliver that menacing cerebal villain to the big screen and not make it campy. If Kinberg does that then great im all for it.

unleashed
Old 03-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #624
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
If Kinberg does that then great im all for it.
Ditto

Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #625
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
It is not a massive failure your overreacting here a massive failure was the latest Fantastic 4 movie, the movie still did pretty well not spectacular but saying its a massive failure is really a reach. I just hope if Sinister is the villain in the next movie we get someone who can deliver that menacing cerebal villain to the big screen and not make it campy. If Kinberg does that then great im all for it.
Failure is a reach, sure, but I'd call it more underwhelming compared to Days of Future Past, both critically and financially, even if I liked the film. And there is still a negative stigma attached to Kinberg because of his involvement with things like F4, where he arguably had more of a voice compared to DoFP where he wasn't the sole writer.

Which is why if he directs or writers, hopefully it's not just him and he's got some help.

Closed Thread