The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #501
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Default Re: "Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orba View Post
That's just an outright lie. A bold face, ****ing lie.

Melissa is lying. Again.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #502
Orba
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years

Quote:
David Corn
@DavidCornDC

Nunes just told me he's never heard of Carter Page or Roger Stone. And he's in charge of the investigation?

Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #503
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
That's just an outright lie. A bold face, ****ing lie.

Melissa is lying. Again.
If they don't want SNL to roast them so much they got to stop providing them with all this rich material. Ha.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: THE LAST JEDI TRAILER, JUSTICE LEAGUE TRAILER and THOR RAGNAROK clips.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #504
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

"The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department." - Gary Kasparov

Old 03-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #505
Elektra1
Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
"The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department." - Gary Kasparov

Old 03-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #506
Elektra1
Canuck

Did they really think this wasn't going to come out after the election? Trump has to be the worst colluder in the world.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #507
hopeless
Side-Kick

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
I wonder what happens if he fires Comey.
Given he should have been fired for trying to reopen the investigation into Clinton's email server during the election when he shouldn't have i think Trump cannot afford to fire him!

As long as the Republicans control Congress this won't change until someone decides this farce has gone on long enough it's more a question who can pull this off?

Would McCann be willing to prevent his party's collapse or will Trump finally go too far and going by the evidence of Trumpcare would it take Trump trying to start World War 3 before they realise they've gone too far?

Old 03-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #508
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
His supporters will love him for it.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #509
samsnee
Side-Kick

This is crazy to me. Innocent until proven and all that but let's not pretend that there isn't enough probable cause here to investigate.

These people would blame the security guard who called about the Watergate break-in.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #510
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless View Post
I

Given he should have been fired for trying to reopen the investigation into Clinton's email server during the election when he shouldn't have i think Trump cannot afford to fire him!

As long as the Republicans control Congress this won't change until someone decides this farce has gone on long enough it's more a question who can pull this off?

Would McCann be willing to prevent his party's collapse or will Trump finally go too far and going by the evidence of Trumpcare would it take Trump trying to start World War 3 before they realise they've gone too far?
Thus why the mid term elections are important; send the message to Putin that what happened last year will not be tolerated along with the GOP getting their comeuppances once and for all.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #511
Fading
>:(

I was curious about Trump's Tweet you guys were talking about. Several of his recent Tweets are going off the deep end.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en

"What about all of the Clinton campaign and the Russians? Also, is it true that the DNC would not let the FBI in to look?"

"The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College and lost!"

"This story is FAKE NEWS and everyone knows it!"

So now the DNC is preventing FBI investigations? Is he asking us, or telling us? Trump throws around accusations so haphazardly. People said Obama was being partisan, but Trump isn't even hiding his disdain. He almost back to back Tweeted an insult, and accusation towards Democrats. We all know he's a bad leader by now, but how can you lead if you insult, and push away half the people you have to work with?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #512
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he can't fire Comey, at least not right anyway.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #513
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16S04I

"U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip an April 5-6 meeting of NATO foreign ministers for a U.S. visit by the Chinese president and will travel to Russia later in the month, U.S. officials said on Monday, a step allies may see as putting Moscow's concerns ahead of theirs".

Considering what's going on right now, I don't think that's such a great idea Rex.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #514
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

The hits just keep coming.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/2...ons-trump.html

Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #515
mclay18
Side-Kick

Looks like impeachment isn't too far away...

*grabs the popcorn*

Old 03-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #516
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

So, the FBI were investigating the Trump campaigns ties to Russia since July of last year. Yet, Comey didn't say ****? He went on, twice, about Clinton. But, not a peep about Trump?

Hurm.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #517
Sithborg
The new ewoks

And now Ivanka is getting an office in the West Wing and a security clearance.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #518
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyarcher View Post
I'm pretty sure he can't fire Comey, at least not right anyway.
Technically he can't and it's sorta complicated:

Quote:
It is sometimes assumed that the President can oust an FBI director only “for cause” – that is, for some misconduct in office. But, as a Congressional Research Service study of the director’s office pointed out two years ago, “there are no statutory conditions on the President’s authority to remove the FBI director.”

The constitutional reality is that, if a government official is clearly placed within the Executive Branch, that official serves at the pleasure of the President, and can be fired “at will.” That history has had a recent illustration: earlier this month, the federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., struck down part of a law by which Congress created a single director to lead the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau – a law that specified that the director could be removed by the President only “for cause.”
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...fbis-director/

And because of the ongoing investigations, and ironically gaining support from both parties (compared to 4 months ago), many in DC can say nah to Trump. Comey is safe, and will be the FBI director till his all 10 years are done (started in 2013).

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 AM   #519
Raiden
Hela Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
So, the FBI were investigating the Trump campaigns ties to Russia since July of last year. Yet, Comey didn't say ****? He went on, twice, about Clinton. But, not a peep about Trump?

Hurm.
Yeah, I'm not too confident that he will really investigate the ties between Trump and Russia. Prove me wrong, Comey.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 03-21-2017, 06:02 AM   #520
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
At least they're finally being honest about it.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #521
Zoey141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Assange is slime and has been in Trump/Putin's corner and probably pocket this whole time.
Can't agree more. It angers me when people portray Assange as a hero

Old 03-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #522
Zoey141

Quote:
Oh well, a child (America) needs a mother (Ivanka) who can protect it from its father (Trump) abusing it. They call her the "voice of reason", don't they?

I can't stand how this administration is abusing the power vested in its hands. Someone ought to put stringent rules in place to make sure the POTUS doesn't give key roles to family members (there are so many loopholes that need to be looked at and into...will it ever happen? I've no hopes).

Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #523
Zoey141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Yeah, I'm not too confident that he will really investigate the ties between Trump and Russia. Prove me wrong, Comey.
I hope Comey proves you and me wrong too. He was using such "politically correct" language during the hearing... He was oh so careful (as opposed to his behavior towards Hillary before the election).

Old 03-21-2017, 07:35 AM   #524
Raiden
Hela Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey141 View Post
I hope Comey proves you and me wrong too. He was using such "politically correct" language during the hearing... He was oh so careful (as opposed to his behavior towards Hillary before the election).
His bias was already showing when he revealed that the FBI has been investigating Trump's ties to Russia during the campaign, and yet he only mentioned Hillary and her email investigation about 2 weeks away from the election. The fact that he kept Trump's illegal contacts private proves that he was secretly helping Trump the whole time.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #525
Orba
Side-Kick

I like that people are pulling out all of the old Tweets and comments from Conway, Rubio, Huckabee etc where they talk about FBI investigations.

Rubio last year
Quote:
MARCO: And obviously we all understand the importance of this presidential race. I would just ask everybody this: Can this country afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI?
AUDIENCE: No!
RUBIO: Think of the trauma that this would do to this country.

Closed Thread