The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:36 AM   #826
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

It used to be a comic book title for an Inhumans book after the Terrigen Mist incident. Then it ended in 2015 or 2016 and was replaced by TheUncanny Inhumans and All New Inhumans.

They haven't used the title "The Inhumans" since the original series ended back in the 70s. While "Inhumans" was last used as a solo title way back in the early 2000s and that book focused on non Royal family inhumans.

The Inhumans
Inhumans (90s)
Inhumans (mini series)
Inhumans (2000s)
Inhuman
The Uncanny Inhumans
All New Inhumans
Royals

Banshee • Forge • Dazzler • Marrow • Sage • Professor X

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-16-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:03 AM   #827
NJCaliboy
Banned User

Default Re: ABC's INHUMANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlluAllu View Post
I like Daisy. She is welcome here.

I wonder if the royal family wears their costumes.

Does Marvel have rights to Crystal? I'd imagine her to be the main character.
agreed!! it would make zero sense for her not to at least make an appearance-- i would actually be pretty ticked if she doesnt!

Old 03-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #828
SwiftFox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboy View Post
agreed!! it would make zero sense for her not to at least make an appearance-- i would actually be pretty ticked if she doesnt!
Crystal is in the set photos so she's in the show. Don't think she'd a pov character though. Which I think is a mistake.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #829
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

Lockjaw is the POV character in this show.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:20 AM   #830
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

After watching all of Iron Fist, I now have zero hype for this show.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:23 AM   #831
pixen
Side-Kick

Likewise. Dexter wasn't an accidental failure, Scott Buck just isn't a good showrunner.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:27 AM   #832
rebellion
Side-Kick

i dont know what critics are talking about regarding IF. sure, its not as good as the others, some of the lines are really poor and acting didnt do much to elevate them. but its still a 6,5/10 for me. far from that RT score.
also, too many parties are involved in the inhumans, so i dont think scott buck can have his way with it. i remain optimistic.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #833
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I finished the first three episodes. I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet (seriously, do you people sleep?). Without spoilers, since we're in the wrong forum, the problems I have with the show so far are very much necessary because of the story it's trying to tell (or, at least, difficult to write any other way) or with the directing/choreography. I don't see those issues translating to this show, which is very different.

I don't think this is a spoiler, but just in case (related to comics faithfulness and tone):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
While, yes, the show has people think Danny is crazy when he talks about K'un Lun, but it's worth noting that they didn't change K'un Lun to make it more grounded. Danny Rand went to a place in another dimension that's portal opens to Earth only X number of years. He was trained by Lei Kung the Thunderer. He channels his Chi to become the Iron Fist. K'un Lun is one of seven mystical cities. None of that was changed in a Netflix world where people have trouble believing in Daredevil's powers.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 03-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #834
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
After watching all of Iron Fist, I now have zero hype for this show.
How am I going to get through all of Iron Fist? 1 episode was difficult enough to get through, let alone the first 6 like critics saw. I don't know if I'll even get to 6.

Hopefully Inhumans is better written than Iron Fist. Didn't Buck write the first episode of Iron Fist?

Old 03-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #835
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
How am I going to get through all of Iron Fist? 1 episode was difficult enough to get through, let alone the first 6 like critics saw. I don't know if I'll even get to 6.

Hopefully Inhumans is better written than Iron Fist. Didn't Buck write the first episode of Iron Fist?
First two and the finale.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #836
samsnee
Side-Kick

The idea that part of this series takes place in Hawaii doesn't feel right. It's like making a Punisher movie in sunny Florida.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #837
Krystal
Side-Kick

To shoot Attilan -- a tropical island -- in Hawaii is so dumb.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #838
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Didn't know Attilan was tropical. I always thought it was in the North Atlantic near Iceland.

Twitter- @mrpink13
Old 03-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #839
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Its been in a bunch of places, though I don't think its climate has ever been bound by its location. I mean, one of its location was "the moon" after all. Which they've hinted will be the location in the show, too.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #840
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Iron Fist isn't that %17 rotten tomatoes rating bad. I have only seen its first ten episodes, but that show has questionable acting, it feels a bit uninspired, the story is very pedestrian and it just really lacks that magic, that extra something that a Iron Fist should have. I also think the first episode was the worst some out ofthe first ten. I can see why people dropped the gun so early. They really watered down that mystical stuff and they should have just embraced it.

So I do feel worried for Inhumans that Scot Buck is handling the show.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-19-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #841
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboy View Post
Well she is not an important inhuman to the Royal family. So its good news to me if she doesn't appear in the show.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #842
MbJ
Side-Kick

https://mobile.twitter.com/hawaii_is...613185/video/1

Anson Mount filming a scene.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:37 AM   #843
pixen
Side-Kick

The more I see from this project, the lower my expectations get.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #844
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Is that Anson Mount running away in the middle of the street dressed in a normal-looking suit?

That looks like it could've just been a scene from Hawaii Five-0. Maybe there will be a crossover after all.

EDIT: Lol at the pic used for this article on the Hype front page:

It says "Black Bolt is on the Run in New Inhumans Set Photos" and then we get this pic

but the reality when you see the actual photos and video is that he's just in an ordinary business suit and not that Blackbolt uniform at all.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 03-20-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #845
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
To shoot Attilan -- a tropical island -- in Hawaii is so dumb.
Is Hawaii a stand in for Attilan? I thought it was meant to be Hawaii and this is where they make their first appearance on Earth.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #846
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is that Anson Mount running away in the middle of the street dressed in a normal-looking suit?

That looks like it could've just been a scene from Hawaii Five-0. Maybe there will be a crossover after all.

EDIT: Lol at the pic used for this article on the Hype front page:

It says "Black Bolt is on the Run in New Inhumans Set Photos" and then we get this pic

but the reality when you see the actual photos and video is that he's just in an ordinary business suit and not that Blackbolt uniform at all.
If only they used something inspired by the comics:

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #847
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Looks like Rand corporation got a new employee who is also on the run.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #848
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

He looks like Ward Meacham in that pic above.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #849
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Their hair are a bit similar.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #850
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
"You...de-lint my belly button."

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Closed Thread