Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #926
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Loki I wonder where he will stand given that Ragnarok leads to Infinity War and not to mention Loki in The Avengers he failed Thanos with the Chitauri and we all know how Thanos feels about failure so I wonder if Thanos will show up in Ragnarok? If he does then wouldn't he just kill Loki?
I really hope Loki plays some kind of part in IW. It would make a lot of sense. I could certainly see him playing a similar role as Mephisto did in the comic story. I definitely could see him being a permanent casualty... Or as permanent as could be expected given his status as a super villain.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: THE LAST JEDI TRAILER, JUSTICE LEAGUE TRAILER and THOR RAGNAROK clips.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #927
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDown View Post
It looks like the same style of "art" Thor has on his armour. I wonder if that thought about the "different teams" someone came up with is actually true... That would be pretty cool. Team Thor vs Team Hulk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It's probably paint, like the red we see on Thor in the pictures that were released (and a little on the Thor figure here as well).

Edit: Too slow
Haha, while I was 100% making a joke, I appreciate the insight, friends

Old 03-19-2017, 09:54 PM   #928
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoMoria View Post
This is sooo weird. I had a dream two days earlier that Thor was fighting Hulk in the arena and electricity was running through his eyes, something we haven't seen in the movies yet. Now i see Lego mini-figure has electritcity in his eyes. Wow.
Not to rain on your psychic parade, but there was early footage shown that showed Thor fighting Hulk barefisted, soaked in lightning. Maybe your eyes skimmed it?

Or maybe in your sleep you were tapping into the Jungian collective unconscious

Old 03-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #929
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: THE LAST JEDI TRAILER, JUSTICE LEAGUE TRAILER and THOR RAGNAROK clips.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #930
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

In keeping with Thor's inner power, I've often hoped the scene in AOU was foreshadowing something like this somewhere down the line.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:37 AM   #931
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not to rain on your psychic parade, but there was early footage shown that showed Thor fighting Hulk barefisted, soaked in lightning. Maybe your eyes skimmed it?

Or maybe in your sleep you were tapping into the Jungian collective unconscious
I saw that footage but nowhere it depicted Thor's eyes fueled by lightning. It was a specific aspect i saw and i thought that we had never seen that in the MCU. The test footage showed Thor cracking the earth with lightning as we followed him from behind rising and hitting Hulk. You can't see his eyes.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #932
Serban
Side-Kick

Traaailer??? Any rumors about this?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #933
-VisionsVision-
The Last Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serban View Post
Sigh...

Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #934
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serban View Post
We're not getting anything any earlier than Guardians, tbh.

"Apes. Together. Strong."
Old 03-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #935
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

If we even get it then.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #936
-VisionsVision-
The Last Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
If we even get it then.
We certainly will.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:52 AM   #937
Slick
Yup

Oh yeah we're definitely getting the teaser with Guardians Vol.2.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #938
MbJ
Side-Kick

For those wondering about those rumors of how Hela may play into future movies and possibly being combined with another character, spoilers from Unworthy Thor today:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The mysterious woman working with Thanos is indeed revealed to be Hela. So make of that what you will with all those Hela/Death rumors.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #939
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
For those wondering about those rumors of how Hela may play into future movies and possibly being combined with another character, spoilers from Unworthy Thor today:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The mysterious woman working with Thanos is indeed revealed to be Hela. So make of that what you will with all those Hela/Death rumors.

Considering how reactionary the comics are to the greater MCU the possibility seems a little more probable now. I still believe that said character will be a Ragnarok one-off.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #940
JtheDreamer
Slangin Grannys Peach Tea

They wouldn't hire an actress like Cate Blanchett to play the role of a one-off character. That would be a complete waste of resources.

Last edited by JtheDreamer; 03-22-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #941
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Oh yeah we're definitely getting the teaser with Guardians Vol.2.
Please!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #942
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I really hope Loki plays some kind of part in IW. It would make a lot of sense. I could certainly see him playing a similar role as Mephisto did in the comic story. I definitely could see him being a permanent casualty... Or as permanent as could be expected given his status as a super villain.
I'd like to see him appear but not in too big a role given how much exposure he's already had in the MCU. I'd feel different if he were to be a casualty though and then it would make sense to give him more and would be interesting to see how Thor reacts.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #943
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtheDreamer View Post
They wouldn't hire an actress like Cate Blanchett to play the role of a one-off character. That would be a complete waste of resources.
Marvel doesn't care how big the actor is. Their brand is bigger. If they have a good part for her and it happens to be an one-off they will do it. Blanchett is an extremely popular actress. I don't see her signing for multiple movies.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #944
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
I'm rubbing it into WB/DC's faces, not their fans, because I demand better quality, and find their efforts completely unacceptable. They have an entire team of people that read forums, listen to podcast, and monitor online presence. They read these forums.

I'm a fan of creators, dude. Kirby, Starlin, Simonson, Engelhart, Brubaker. Most of my favorite's best work has been with Marvel, but they've all done great work for DC and on their own projects. As a Batman fan, I'm not happy about his last two cinematic outings, at all. I don't care about Superman, but I feel genuinely bad for his oppressed fans, most of which are great folks who deserve better.

Look around the web, people who take most issue with these films, are DC fans.
I'm sure WB execs are scrambling to give "better quality" on the way to the bank.

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2) The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3) Man of Steel 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) The Dark Knight 6) Doctor Strange 7) Wonder Woman 8) Captain America: Civil War 9) The Dark Knight Rises 10) The Avengers 11) Thor: The Dark World 12) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 13) Iron Man 14) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 15) X-Men: Days of Future Past 16) Thor 17) Batman Begins 18) Logan 19) Ant-Man 20) Iron Man 2 21) Suicide Squad
Old 03-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #945
Finarfiniel
#TeamHela

Quote:
Marvel doesn't care how big the actor is. Their brand is bigger. If they have a good part for her and it happens to be an one-off they will do it. Blanchett is an extremely popular actress. I don't see her signing for multiple movies.
I agree to some extent with what you're saying, but look at it on the flip side - if they could get Cate Blanchett to play such a pivotal role in the MCU then why on earth wouldn't they go for it? I've been a huge Blanchett fan for 10+ years and I think she'd definitely be up for multiple films if the role was interesting enough and was important in the larger scope of things. She loved playing Galadriel so much that she admitted to begging Peter Jackson to include the character in the Hobbit trilogy so she could play her again. Plus, it's only three films, one of which she's already completed and the other two are being filmed at the same time so it's not like it's going to take months out of her schedule. Interestingly, she has more than enough time to film an appearance in IW right now anyway. She finished a Broadway run on Sunday and reportedly she's not due to start filming her next movie (Where'd You Go, Bernadette) until June. That's a couple of months of free time by my count.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #946
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
I agree to some extent with what you're saying, but look at it on the flip side - if they could get Cate Blanchett to play such a pivotal role in the MCU then why on earth wouldn't they go for it? I've been a huge Blanchett fan for 10+ years and I think she'd definitely be up for multiple films if the role was interesting enough and was important in the larger scope of things. She loved playing Galadriel so much that she admitted to begging Peter Jackson to include the character in the Hobbit trilogy so she could play her again. Plus, it's only three films, one of which she's already completed and the other two are being filmed at the same time so it's not like it's going to take months out of her schedule. Interestingly, she has more than enough time to film an appearance in IW right now anyway. She finished a Broadway run on Sunday and reportedly she's not due to start filming her next movie (Where'd You Go, Bernadette) until June. That's a couple of months of free time by my count.
You are confusing wishful thinking with reality. The fact is that you really want her to be MCU's death no matter the fact that there isn't even half an evidence supporting it. I would be ecstatic with the thought but many of you have lowkey accepted it and you will be bummed when someone else will be Death or there won't be an MCU death to begin with.

The MCU has grounded the supernatural throughout it's course. Feige himself said in 2016 SDCC that the MCU was and always will be mainly science-based. This along with the fact that nothing indicates that death will have a role in IW makes me hesitant to accept the scenario. It would be great though, Cate is one of my favourite actresses as well

Old 03-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #947
Finarfiniel
#TeamHela

Quote:
You are confusing wishful thinking with reality. The fact is that you really want her to be MCU's death no matter the fact that there isn't even half an evidence supporting it. I would be ecstatic with the thought but many of you have lowkey accepted it and you will be bummed when someone else will be Death or there won't be an MCU death to begin with.

The MCU has grounded the supernatural throughout it's course. Feige himself said in 2016 SDCC that the MCU was and always will be mainly science-based. This along with the fact that nothing indicates that death will have a role in IW makes me hesitant to accept the scenario. It would be great though, Cate is one of my favourite actresses as well
At the same time, you have convinced yourself that she isn't going to play the Death role with absolutely no evidence to support your side of the argument either. You're in no better position than I, or anyone else here, to speculate what's going to happen. All we're saying is that it makes sense from what we know of the MCU thus far.

And as for the whole 'grounded' thing, don't be silly. We're talking about a movie where the villain is the Goddess of Death. The MCU's most recent entry was entirely based around a sorcerer that protects the planet from inter-dimensional threats. Please explain to me how any of these things are 'grounded'?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #948
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Idris Elba interview:
Quote:
Thor: Ragnarok looks like it'll have a funnier tone than previous Marvel movies – are there going to be any humorous moments from Heimdall?

"Heimdall isn't funny. You haven't heard Heimdall laugh, or crack too many jokes. But Taika [Waititi], the director, has done a really amazing job of making all the characters have a bit of a funny moment, and I'm not spared. I'm looking forward to it."
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/tho...wer-interview/

Old 03-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #949
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
At the same time, you have convinced yourself that she isn't going to play the Death role with absolutely no evidence to support your side of the argument either. You're in no better position than I, or anyone else here, to speculate what's going to happen. All we're saying is that it makes sense from what we know of the MCU thus far.

And as for the whole 'grounded' thing, don't be silly. We're talking about a movie where the villain is the Goddess of Death. The MCU's most recent entry was entirely based around a sorcerer that protects the planet from inter-dimensional threats. Please explain to me how any of these things are 'grounded'?
My position is definitely better than you or anyone else speculating that she is death given Marvel's toning down of the supernatural elements. This happened in Strange where magic was basically Kung-fu and with Asgardians who are basically super-powered aliens. It's also supported by the fact that no website reliable or not has even hinted of the possibility of death being in there. of course there are many things that we don't know yet but very few MCU villains surive their first movie. I'm going by precedent here which is fare better than your wishful thinking.

When a player with 40% on free throws goes to the line and i say he is going to miss it based on his past samples and you say he is going to make 2/2 because YOU WANT HIM TO who is the most unreliable?

Old 03-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #950
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
My position is definitely better than you or anyone else speculating that she is death given Marvel's toning down of the supernatural elements. This happened in Strange where magic was basically Kung-fu and with Asgardians who are basically super-powered aliens. It's also supported by the fact that no website reliable or not has even hinted of the possibility of death being in there. of course there are many things that we don't know yet but very few MCU villains surive their first movie. I'm going by precedent here which is fare better than your wishful thinking.

When a player with 40% on free throws goes to the line and i say he is going to miss it based on his past samples and you say he is going to make 2/2 because YOU WANT HIM TO who is the most unreliable?
I find myself agreeing..logic says the safest guess is that she's Hela, only. While it is possible, there is nothing to indicate that she is also death, no factual or written reason for that rumor to start as well