The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Deadpool > Deadpool Sequels

Old 03-11-2017, 03:48 AM   #426
StarLord
You're Welcome

Default Re: Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Yeah, everyone did their part well in the first especially Leslie Uggams. It wasn't a big amount of screen-time, but she got some great moments.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:47 AM   #427
BlackFox
Weapon X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
The Domino casting is interesting. The roles of Dom and Cable are highly sought after by some pretty big stars.. and they've gone with an unknown.

She either had an amazing audition or Fox are being cheapskates again. I prefer to think she had an amazing audition and really clicked with Leitch and Reynolds.
Lets hope so, I mean nobody had heard of Hugh Jackman when he was cast as Wolverine, didnt turn out all bad.............

"Dont be what they made you"
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #428
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Again, what does it matter? The biggest name in the first film was Reynolds and look how that all turned out.
It's doesn't really. I trust these guys. Even though Miller has gone I think Leitch is a great replacement and Reynolds, Rheese and Wernick deserve some faith after what they did with first film.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #429
Darepool
poopool party

Having watched episodes of Atlanta since this announcement I think she'll be fine. I would trust them.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #430
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darepool View Post
Having watched episodes of Atlanta since this announcement I think she'll be fine. I would trust them.
on top of being a good actress...it definitely helps that she's attractive too.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #431
Darepool
poopool party

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
on top of being a good actress...it definitely helps that she's attractive too.
It does. She got my Spidey sense tingling.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #432
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Atomic Blonde premiered at SXSW today, and the Twitter reactions from critics are very positive. Seems like both Leitch and Stahelski are great action directors on their own, period. Definitely makes the anticipation for DP2 even higher - the trailer itself made me hype for what Leitch could bring to Dom.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #433
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Mainstream reviews seem a bit mixed thus far. While it seems like David Leitch has got the style and action down, some are complaining about the story and character work. We'll see. I really like the trailer and am looking forward to Atomic Blonde.

Anyway... Brianna Hildebrand has talked a bit about Negasonic Teenage Warhead's return in Deadpool 2:

Quote:
“I’ve not yet actually read the script,” Hildebrand confessed, adding “But I do think she will be a lot cooler, based on the wardrobe ideas and stuff. I’m very excited.” She explained she’d just seen some concept art, “Just some ideas, nothing that’s concrete or anything. But I think it’s cool that she’s grown and matured and she still has so much of this essence of a punk kid.”
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-bri...enage-warhead/

Interesting.

Last edited by -JKR-; 03-13-2017 at 06:24 AM.
-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #434
Zant
Side-Kick

I just hope she still looks a bit like Sinead o'connor in the film. We need more Sinead jokes.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #435
-JKR-
Side-Kick

If IMDb is to be trusted (sometimes it is, sometimes it's not on this kind of stuff) Leitch is brining John Wick and Atomic Blonde cinematographer Jonathan Sela and Atomic Blonde production designer David Scheunemann and executive producer Ethan Smith along for the ride.

UPDATE:

Just saw that David Scheunemann (production designer) has his own official website, and that he has posted a pretty cool concept art pic from the recent No Good Deed teaser (in the bio he confirms that he's designing the movie).

Last edited by -JKR-; 03-13-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #436
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I like Atomic Blonde's cinematographer from the trailer. I thought Marvel Netflix should have looked like that movie.

Emma Sage Kitty Jubilee M Husk Marrow Cecilia Blink Lifeguard Stacy
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #437
-JKR-
Side-Kick

What's a Marvel Netflix?
But Jonathan Sela's good, yeah. And he finally gets to show his talent on some good movies (after having mostly worked with hack John Moore).

Old 03-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #438
Smilodon
Side-Kick

I think Sela also shot the No Good Deed teaser too.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #439
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
I think Sela also shot the No Good Deed teaser too.
Definitely looks like it's his!

Old 03-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #440
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
I just hope she still looks a bit like Sinead o'connor in the film. We need more Sinead jokes.
You mean Ripley from Alien 3?

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #441
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Ryan, Rhett and Paul are doing press for Life right now, so we should be getting some Deadpool 2 scoops from those interviews this upcoming week.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #442
Tg11
Side-Kick

So I wonder if Cable will still be in the sequel

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #443
Smilodon
Side-Kick

He will be. He's been confirmed for the sequel since 2016.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #444
Tg11
Side-Kick

Pierce Brosnan is my pick for Cable

Old 03-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #445
Tg11
Side-Kick

Or Arnold would be my second choice

Old 03-20-2017, 12:38 AM   #446
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Thank goodness for press week on Life. News coming in like clockwork.

On new characters besides Domino and Cable:

Quote:
"Yeah, Cable and Domino grabbed the headlines on Deadpool,” Reese told us, “But there are definitely some more obscure characters that people know or that real diehards know that will be in there just by virtue of we need a new villain, and we need some new good guys to compliment (Deadpool), but it is growing. Of course, it will be all about the lunacy that is Deadpool himself.” -
http://lrmonline.com/news/exclusive-...oid-sequelitis

Casting for Cable coming very, very soon.

Quote:
“We’re gonna go into production in the next couple of months,” co-writer Paul Wernick told ComicBook.com, “and cast announcements will be coming fast and furious.” Collaborator Rhett Reese characterized the rundown of contenders for the role as “a short, short list.”

Adding to previous comments about what producers are looking for in a Cable candidate, Reese said the role requires someone who’s physically imposing, but “who also has a spark of a sense of humor.” And then there’s also Fox’s planned “X-Force” franchise to consider, as the actor will headline those films.

“Cable is head of the X-Force, so it’s someone who can also command a movie franchise,” Wernick said. “It’s a tall task, and we have been on the hunt for a very long time. I think once it’s announced, as we get closer, people are gonna go crazy for it.”
http://www.cbr.com/deadpool-2-cable-...R-TW&view=list

Also, DP3 =/= X-Force. Like a few of us have been saying.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...x-force-movie/

Old 03-20-2017, 02:37 AM   #447
Zant
Side-Kick

So Deadpool 3 will be separate from the X force film, I am sure FOX will like the sound of that Lol. I wonder which will come first.

So more obscure characters like Negasonic huh, The x-universe is much bigger than I thought. Going to need a lot of Wikipedia to know more.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #448
jignat
Side-Kick

Any idea abut the villains in this?

Its a bit straightforward, but what if Pierce Brosnan played Black Tom Cassidy?

They did a good job with Colossus effects; Id love to see a hulking CG Juggernaut like out of the Marvel vs Capcom series.

jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #449
-JKR-
Side-Kick

How Deadpool 2 Is Trying To Avoid The Sequel Trap
Quote:
Rhett Reese: I think we definitely kept our sights on the sequels that have succeeded, because there have been sequels like Godfather Part 2 and The Road Warrior... Aliens. I would say Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2 I enjoyed more than the first...so there are definitely examples of sequels that either equal or surpass the first, and that's what we're trying to keep our eye on, because we don't want to be accused of making a sequel that is not nearly as good as the first--there are plenty of examples of those. So it's just about quality control and making sure you don't settle and making sure you strike new ground but also tap into what was successful about the first one. It's a fine line. I hope we can write it.
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1637...to-the-writers

Don't Expect A Lot Of Future Planning In Deadpool 2
Quote:
Rhett Reese: We're trying not to think too much about it, because you can really...It's a trap in these movies to use the current movie to set up the next movie, as opposed to making the current movie. I know that I buck against it. I feel like, 'Oh, here we go -- it's just setting up something that doesn't even matter for this movie. It only matters for the next movie.' So we are keeping in mind that there will be a next movie; we're trying to set up the characters that will be in that next movie. But that's not our first goal.
Quote:
Rhett Reese: Our first goal is to tell a Deadpool story in an emotional, fun, satisfying way. And then the fact that we're setting up something in the future -- it's happening, but you're not gonna see that mustache-twirling villain, who is going 'Hahaha, [it's all coming into place].' You're just not going to see that, because that's not our game.
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1637...-future-movies

How Deadpool 2 Will Be Balancing Its Old And New Characters
Quote:
Paul Wernick: I think first and foremost it's a Deadpool movie, and then we just have to build. His supporting cast is some of the characters we fell in love with in the first one, introducing new characters into that world. Deadpool is a character piece, Deadpool is the leader of this very dysfunctional family. There are new people coming into that family, and there are old people that you've fallen in love with -- with the conflict between Deadpool and, for example, Colossus and NTW. So yeah, it's a delicate balance, but primarily keeping a Deadpool movie.
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1637...s?story_page=2

I like what I'm reading. It's good to know that they're conscious about the challenges that come with making a sequel, and that you shouldn't overdo it with set-ups for future movies.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #450
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
So Deadpool 3 will be separate from the X force film, I am sure FOX will like the sound of that Lol. I wonder which will come first.

So more obscure characters like Negasonic huh, The x-universe is much bigger than I thought. Going to need a lot of Wikipedia to know more.
I want to see Shatter star.

Emma Sage Kitty Jubilee M Husk Marrow Cecilia Blink Lifeguard Stacy
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote